• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

low end runics, best for armor now?

• Thread starter eolsunder1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

eolsunder1

I know most use higher end runics for weapons due to barbed kits being cheap, but what about the low end runics now.

I still don't see using them for weapons, even with the chance for 100% intensity. I like to use them for armor. The chance to get high luck, 2 mana regen, and mage armor (making samurai armor) kinda makes low end runics my fav for armor now.

Theres really good chances to get a 2 mana regen/high luck suit out of dull copper/shadow runics. Pretty nice to get a full 135+ 2 mana regen suit. Plus mage armor property.

Heck i've gotten armor with close to 30 physical resists from low end runics. easy 70 resist physical suits <grin>.

The only weapons i see worthwhile that a low runic would make would be a combo slayer/30 ssi weapon. still not great.

So, maybe low runic hammers for armor up to i guess bronze. and bronze-valorite still used for weapons.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runic Sewing Kits are still best for Armor since you can't make weapons with sewing kits. 3-property (actually four with DI) weapons are still very good, while armor is only good if it has 60+ resists and at least 2 other useful properties. Also, I find the SE armor rather ugly, so I'd rather not have to use it.

Just my opinion.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been burning DC runics on sammy armor hoping to roll LRC. I can make them exceptional for the mage armor bonus. Makes for some nice looking armor for my mules.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I burned 4 bronze runic hammers 1 each for plate gorgets, ringmail sleeves, ringmail leggings/chain leggings (about half each), Chain tunic/ringmail tunic (about half/half) and got these items ( and a bunch of lower resist with several pieces in the 61 to 62 range

Verite plate gorget
phys 22
fire 7
cold 21
poison 16
energy 7

Valorite ring leggings
phys 9
fire 13
cold 14
poison 26
energy 8