• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Loup Garou

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kano sat wretchedly in the gypsy camp. It was the only place left he felt somewhat safe. The old gypsy woman had taken pity on him, and seemed to have some knowledge of his illness.
Elves were normally immune to most ailments, but these spells he was having went beyond the elvish healers ken. He would awaken dirty, naked, covered in blood. His appetite would not quiet no matter how much he ate- and these days, he only hungered for meat.

He had tried drowning himself; even walked brazenly into the open mouth of a greater dragon. But when night fell and the moon rose, he'd find himself once again out on the moors.

"You cannot end your suffering in that manner", the old gypsy matron told him. "Someone must do it for you, and only in a particular way, with a particular item. And", she said lowering her voice "it must be when the sickness is upon you. Only then will you awaken, finally cured. Until that time, both you and any unwary citizens you come upon, will continue to suffer."

The gypsies have become involved now, in the return of this ancient curse, that was once thought to be totally eradicated.

They are offering:
100000 gold pieces to the citizen who figures out what item, based on the old superstitions, will deal with this blight

1000000 gold pieces who frees Kano from this burden, WHEN the sickness is upon him

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*fires up the Grill* i got the cure for what ails ya, it's called barbecue sauce!

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larry Talbot wouldn't think this was funny....
A useful sum of gold, for the player that solves the riddle and frees Kano.

Otherwise.....

The curse will continue to walk the land

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If only the weapon could be found . . . *checks his book of weapon recipes*

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larry Talbot wouldn't think this was funny....
A useful sum of gold, for the player that solves the riddle and frees Kano.

Otherwise.....

The curse will continue to walk the land
"Even a man who's pure in heart, and says his prayers by night...may become a WOLF...when the wolfbane blooms...and the Autumn moon is bright"...[Lon Chaney, Jr., as Lawrence Talbot in "The Wolfman"...Universal Studios 1941]

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it is said.
I'm sure there must be some substance that could be made into a weapon, that might prove effective

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And it's a craftable. One of the recipes you don't see made any more

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meridian slowly enters the gypsy matrons tent. Looking nervously over her shoulder, unsure of herself, she sits down.
"what is it my child" asks the old woman. "
Please, Madam Gypsy, I have heard of this curse. I feel both for the innocent citizens that are dying, and the poor soul cursed with such a fate. Mayn't I try to help?

The old gypsy eyes her with watery gray eyes....
"speak then, child"

"well, when I was little, I heard tell that in the old days, when werewolves roamed our lands, that they hated silver. Silver in any form at all. But, my village crafters tell me that they only know one item that they can make, that has any silver in it"
"the smith says he can make a silver-etched mace". would that help?

The old gypsy woman eyes Meridian with a different stare now, a knowing stare, an appraising stare.

Yes, child, I do think you have found the answer. This weapon would put the beast down, and free the carrier of this curse.

The old woman summons her attendants, who are never far away..

Feed this woman, and send guards with her to return her home. Let her rest before she returns.
Then, inform the smiths as far as you can- a silver-etched mace must be forged, and delivered to a brave and hardy soul. No expense must be spared. I myself will offer 1 million gold pieces to the person who delivers this land from this corrupt abomination.

(and frees the tormented soul carrying the curse, she thinks to herself. Because she knows who carries it)

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meridian walks under the care of the gypsy guards. They will lay down their lives to protect her, as the old gypsy matron rules supreme.

She thinks to herself....

The gypsies already offered 1 million gold pieces to free the land of this creature. Now, the matron also offers 1 million gold out of her own coffers! that's 2 million gold pieces! that could buy my land, and settle me for life! Could I? Dare I?

2 million gold pieces to slay this verminous foul creature, while its in form, with a silver-etched mace.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ravenous beast roams hungrily, looking for any lone travelers. He lopes from town to town, looking for prey.

But as he hunts through the town of Umbra, a lone figure does not run away- he runs towards the beast.

Ru... the warriors' name is Ru. He shows no fear or hesitation as he rides down the beast. In his hand- a silver-etched mace. The creature struggles, but is no match for the experienced fighter. The werewolf goes down.

As the sun rises the next morning, Kano wakes up to the rising sun instead of a moon, and whispers a silent thanks to the Hero that had freed him.