• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lotsa posts lately with old Dev names in them

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and soooo, I got to thinking.

We have Hanse's Hostel. If I remember right, he worked quite a bit of Malas, and just put it there and named it as a joke of sorts, and it stuck.

Blackthorn and British both have their castles. How much coding would be involved, to name some of the npc buildings around the land after the better known devs who have left and moved on....
Speedman
Vex
Oaks
Wilki
Mr Tact
and a whole slew of others who I am just to scattered to think of right now.

Thoughts on this?:popcorn:

L

Lord Drakelord

We have Hanse's Hostel. If I remember right, he worked quite a bit of Malas, and just put it there and named it as a joke of sorts, and it stuck.

Blackthorn and British both have their castles. How much coding would be involved, to name some of the npc buildings around the land after the better known devs who have left and moved on....
Speedman
Vex
Oaks
Wilki
Mr Tact

I like that

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Speedman
Vex
Oaks
Wilki
Mr Tact

Awesome Idea!..... I love it....... maybe if they ever get about to rebuilding Magincia they could name the new buildings there after them!..... Certainly hope they do something with poor Magincia soon.....

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Ya they could use the Counselor buildings in the different cities and do like

The Wilkie Britain Counselor Building

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, a good idea but for New Magincia only...:(

(if New Magincia ever springs up that is) rolleyes:

...and, btw, why not add some vet players names too ? could make the town look really new and "different" from others ???!!!
(could be a very high end vet reward, for example...)

G

galefan2004

The problem here is that the majority of the developers have a very mixxed reputation in the player base. Some people like them, but more people hate them. I don't think you want to alienate players by giving special recognition to someone like the dude that decided to introduce AoS.

G

galefan2004

Yes, a good idea but for New Magincia only...:(

(if New Magincia ever springs up that is) rolleyes:

...and, btw, why not add some vet players names too ? could make the town look really new and "different" from others ???!!!
(could be a very high end vet reward, for example...)
Do you really want to see some scum bag pvper that has played for 10 years have their name put on a building? Think of a known scripter, duper, pker piece of trash having a building in Brittian named after them. Its not something I would really like to see.

L

Lord Drakelord

The problem here is that the majority of the developers have a very mixxed reputation in the player base. Some people like them, but more people hate them. I don't think you want to alienate players by giving special recognition to someone like the dude that decided to introduce AoS.

So we toilet paper the house with the names of those we hate, or bring in herds of sheep and goats and park them in the living room of the house, sorry Kelmo made me do it :)

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok i agree with all what you all said (in fact i don't hate very many players in game :D, probably because i don't know them well enough :sword: ;)but what i'm sure of, is that i would hate to see dev's or player's names everywhere in-game, or even one name in each town !!! :mad:

:rant2:

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you want to alienate players by giving special recognition to someone like the dude that decided to introduce AoS.
The AoS Lead Designer already had an item named after him: it's the Evocaricus from a ML set.

BTW, I find that SunSword would be a pretty cool name for a new weapon :thumbup1: