• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost my ride

• Thread starter imported_Farsight
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Farsight

I've seen posts like this in here a few times lately. But mine is ever so slightly different, so I thought I'd ask if I did something wrong or if I should be paging and waiting and waiting and waiting.

I was helping a friend of mine find a new fire beetle when I ran into everything in the little dungeon there at the same time and suddenly died. Naturally, my bonded swamp dragon met the same fate within moments. But rather than show up as a ghost, it just vanished.

Well, it didn't really vanish. It's still in my follower slot, but there's no ghost to be found anywhere. I've tried recalling, gating, logging in and out and waiting until the next day and still, 1 follower, no ghost.

The difference between now and the plague of lost pets lately is that I still show a follower and most people with the similar problem don't show a follower.

I

imported_Tina Small

Farsight, there's an awful lot of nooks and crannies in that dungeon. Have you been able to get back in there and see if your swampie is stuck in one of them? I know it's a nasty place to run around in, but maybe see if you can get a bard to run through it with you and area peace the heck out of it so you can do a thorough search.

Good luck.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anytime I have a pet that dies, or if you just want it out of a bad situation, go to your house or Inn and log out. When you log back in, your pet should be there, dead or alive.

I

imported_Farsight

I did do a search of the whole mine, while calling out "all follow me" and "all guard me" the whole way. (I know all guard me won't work on a ghost, but at least it should give me a message if the dragon is there). And ....
Nothing.

I have also logged out and in in a number of locations, including my house and an inn.

And adding to the story, my GM page changed from "You are 9 in the wait list" to not being in the wait list at all, without an answer (not even a canned one) or a pet.

On the bright side, at least it's a character who can function with one less pet slot.

G

Try a very thorough look around the dungeon in case he's gone somewhere silly.

But before that, check the stables. If you've got a pet summoning ball, try using that too. There have been times I've had a stray pet turn up that way when the auto log didn't pull them back, and vice versa.

Good luck finding him.

Wenchy

I

imported_Farsight

Wow, he was in my stable!

Now why didn't I think of that?

Thank you very muchly. Now to bring the poor thing back to life.

Out of curiosity, how does that happen? How did I manage to stable the poor thing while I was in the mines?

edit: And it wasn't dead either. Very confusing.

I

imported_Tina Small

Glad you found him. I have a theory that he may have ended up in the stable if the first time you logged out and back in again to make him reappear, you might have been standing somewhere where it was impossible for him to correctly show up with you because of his size. Perhaps there is some fail-safe programming in place in those situations for the pet to go to your stable if you have an open stable slot. I know you sometimes run into problems rezzing certain pets in certain locations and I wonder if the same limitations might also apply to reunions with pets.

I

imported_JoJo_LA

that cave is pretty weird. I was training my dragon on shadow elementals. I was runnign to the shadow ele spawn to drag him to the entrance. Keep in mind I'm riding my Fallen Charger and no pet is with me. I get to the Shadow Ele spot and my White Wyrm named Puff is just flapping his wings.

I immediately freaked out and checked my followers list. 1/5. So now I'm thinking my pet went wild and somehow got to the fire beetle cave. I try to lore it, and get the message "too far away".

I recall out and rush to the stables. Puff is still there. Whew! So I go back and now along the cave walls my 3 super dragons are flapping around. I go to lore them again and still too far away.

What's the point of this story? None really
Just some odd happenings in that cave!

G

<blockquote><hr>

that cave is pretty weird. I was training my dragon on shadow elementals. I was runnign to the shadow ele spawn to drag him to the entrance. Keep in mind I'm riding my Fallen Charger and no pet is with me. I get to the Shadow Ele spot and my White Wyrm named Puff is just flapping his wings.

I immediately freaked out and checked my followers list. 1/5. So now I'm thinking my pet went wild and somehow got to the fire beetle cave. I try to lore it, and get the message "too far away".

I recall out and rush to the stables. Puff is still there. Whew! So I go back and now along the cave walls my 3 super dragons are flapping around. I go to lore them again and still too far away.

What's the point of this story? None really
Just some odd happenings in that cave!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like this???