• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost Items

Casiol

Visitor
Sorry for what may be a newbie-like-question: I recently returned to playing after a 20+ year hiatus. I’m on Lake Superior and I’ve found a place for a tower, but seem to have forgotten or misunderstood house rules...

I was using the vendor search tool (cool addition since the late 90’s!) to buy items for a basic LRC suit. I stored them in a single wooden chest (the only thing in the house at the moment). I quit for the night and logged on the following day with the character the items were intended for and most of the stuff was gone - a couple items remained.

The house is private so I’m not sure how anyone else could have gotten in. The chest was not locked down or secured, but I never imagined my items would just disappear. The following day I put a backpack with some regs in the chest. Come back the following day... gone...

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a glitch? Does a storage chest need to be secured in order to prevent things from disappearing on server reboot?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah... gotta secure chests of they poof after a period of time as well as all the items in them.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Type "I wish to secure this"
A prompt cursor will come up, then target your container in house ,and set your security .

Some items disappear after only 30 mins on the floor so be careful when you drop things on the ground .

Also type " I wish to release this" if you need to move your container. This will free it up from where you secured it.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Type "I wish to secure this"
A prompt cursor will come up, then target your container in house ,and set your security .

Some items disappear after only 30 mins on the floor so be careful when you drop things on the ground .

Also type " I wish to release this" if you need to move your container. This will free it up from where you secured it.
If you have something in the secure container, you don't have to release it. You just release the container if you want to move it.
This link may help:

Managing Your Home Security