• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lore and Vet

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it not possible to train these with 8x8 anymore?.. i just bought me a boat, but nothing seems to be working...:(

If thats the case, is there a way to train other than just using when out hunting?

Z

Zodiac19

No, 8x8 was axed about a year ago when the anti macro code was taken out. Now just sit in one place and lore your pet a zillion times.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just worked lore up from 0 on another new tamer. I got two pack llamas (cause they wont kill each other before a low level vet can heal) and fought them and vetted them. Now, after probably 6 hours of work, both lore and vet are almost GM. Taming is only about 70 but that's cause I haven't had time to work it most of the week.

G

gandolfofaol

As Hinotori said to same kind pets works well. If you are in a guild you might want to take a guildie and kill three birds with one stone. I help my guild mates train their greater dragons and their vet/lore by letting them attack my greater dragon.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By and large my veting skills are taken care of when I am training Greater Dragons in the Yamato Mines on the Shadow Ore Elemental.

For me, the Lore is just to easy to raise to GM levels by taking anything, I most recently used a Giant (Blue) Beetle. In a house or in Luna, and just keep on Loring it. If you have the ability to do repeat macros then use them, if not do a Key Repeat thing.

Past GM, the same thing works but it slows down a lot, so ......

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankyou, have been uo assisting me some skill gains, but yes, it is very slow!

So..... just an afterthought...If they axed 8x8, and u can gain 120 lore/vet of one animal, and bearing in mind that arms lore can now be raised to gm of a single dagger... you could gain however much the game would allow you to in TAMING off a single creature?

Anyone been 'milking' any bulls lately? Would this work?

Z

Zodiac19

Nothing was changed with taming you still need to tame fresh animals for gains. The taming requirements were never part of the anti macro code. Once you tame a pet it becomes 100% retamable if released so no gain opportunity.