• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lord Casca/Kingdom of Dawn Storyline

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Citizens,

It is my hope that this Thread may serve to inform, and to facilitate discussion, of the Lord Casca & Kingdom of Dawn story lines.

Lord Casca recently declared himself to be the new rightful King of Britannia, following the mysterious deaths of the Ruling Council that had ruled during the continuing absence of Lord British.

Numerous invasions have been disturbing the peace of many of our Towns & Cities. While one may presume these invasions to be of concern to Lord Casca, his more direct concern appears to be with the Kingdom of Dawn. Reports are that Lord Casca intends to subjugate the Kingdom of Dawn, subsuming it into the Kingdom of Britannia, by decree if possible, by force if necessary.

Amidst all of this, Lady Aino Nystad has come forth seeking restoration and recognition of the House of Nystad.

Many of our citizens remain unaware of these events. I ask all Bajanians to spread word of these events among their Guilds, Alliances, Pubs, and hunting grounds.

Upcoming events MAY directly impact us all. Some fear the potential for civil unrest, even civil war unless matters proceed among cool heads. Others fear for their lives, property, and commerce threatened by the invasions coming from outside our Realm.

I solicit any and all thots and comments here. Let us at least be well informed of what may come, and hopefully of one mind in our response to it.

Lord Elladan, Legendary Paladin of Trinsic

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that's not one hundred percent accurate. From the first time Lady Aino Nystad appeared, before the declaration by the "king", she has stated that her purpose is to restore her family lands to the rightful heirs, herself and her brother, Kullervo Nystad. It was a few weeks later that any and all kingdoms that had declared independence from the main kingdom were threatened. Yes Dawn has been threatened, of this I do not deny. But if One wants to be truely informed. Sara and I have done an excellent job of covering the events. Please go back a few pages and read up on the happenings since Lady Aino came to be in Britain.

Please start here. For this is were the information begins, none of what I or Sara post under [NEWS] is falsely represented.

Events coming up will have no doubt an effect upon our great land. But time lines need to be considered as well. I will defend any one oppressed by said king. But accuracy helps in trying to solve these most confusing situations.

I also agree the information, any information needs to be shared amongst the people. Sara and I do that as best we can and I believe we do a good job. There are no secrets as Sara and I have to learn things the same as everyone else. As soon as we have that information it is shared as best we can. If anyone has any ideas how to help us get information out, please contact me here in PM's or on my icq at 312010195. That would be most helpful.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that you might've misunderstood his post.

According to my understanding of things, his intentions were not to falsify or misrepresent the order in which these events occured; but instead to facilitate some lively and thoughtful discussion regarding the storyline at hand. I am sure that it could be taken wrong if you assume that his footnote regarding the Nystad Storyline implies some sort of chronological order. In this case though, he started with "amidst"; which is meant to convey that these events took place within a relatively short window of time. In these sorts of discussions, unless you state that you are going to "start from the beginning;" it is usually best to list your main points in the order of importance. That is what I would've done, and the way in which it is mentioned above.

Amidst all of this, Lady Aino Nystad has come forth seeking restoration and recognition of the House of Nystad.
The original theme of his posting was, in a relatively in-character manner, to create discussion about this War of Shadows Storyarc. To question the subsequent threads made against Dawnite and Avalonian Sovereignty by the Britannian Monarchy. In other words, why would Lord Casca threaten the independant realms when he should be seeking out the Shadowlords? Casca's threats and the Nystad Storyline are probably much more related than we currently know; but for now, they are merely an afterthought. Instead, the discussion is Britannian Hegemony and the Independant Kingdoms of the North.

I figured that it would be best to clarify the above; as I don't believe his intentions were to decieve anyone.

Nevertheless, I would love to see more folks begin discussing (in-character) where we as citizens stand and what we might do about this. Sunday night, representatives from Dawn, Dawn's Orcish Horde, the Dark Tower, and the Mage Tower, came togeather to discuss how they might peacefully (or not so peacefully) resolve this situation with Casca. That is exactly what these events are suppose to do; and I certainly hope to see more of it.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never thought that he meant to deceive I just wanted to point out the obvious time line of events. And I stated several of the facts that matched his. And while yes they... Avery and Ricardo came to the conclusion, the threats that have brought the involvement of Dawn came much later. It is indeed a threat. And one to which I will not tolerate.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probably misunderstood your point. I just wanted to clarify where I saw him coming from.

It is indeed a threat. And one to which I will not tolerate.
You know, I think Casca would be much more amicable if we introduced him to Baja's National Beverage: Sake!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I think Casca would be much more amicable if we introduced him to Baja's National Beverage: Sake!
I dont think we should bring casca any Sake.....where theres Sake...theres Xel! and im sure those two wont get along =P

what with the nakedness and all

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to play the devil's advocate for half a second:

Who's to say that Lord Casca isn't trying to unite the various peoples and lands of Baja in an effort to create a more harmonious and peaceful society? I know that many people of today's age have a mindset that demands freedom at all times (and it's a mindset I have trouble agreeing with myself), even when it's been proven throughout history that individuality isn't the best way to get things done.

Imagine an army with soldiers who all feel that they should each be the one taking command. It's never going to work.

Perhaps Lord Casca aims to forcefully place Baja under one direction so that it can better protect itself in the future from the ongoing invasions. He may be doing all of Baja a huge favor by undertaking this responsibility himself, and casting himself as the anti-hero who will perform the dirty but neccessary sins for the good of Baja.

Just some food for thought before we unfairly castrate the poor guy. Before we even know his full intentions.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I made a polite request for an audience with Lord Casca and he replies with his latest speech. I find it hard to believe that Lord Casca is going to ask the Kingdom of Dawn for help defeating the invasions currently happening.

WildStar

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SuperKen makes a wise observation. It IS possible Lord Casca believes his motives are the best interest of our people. Clearly, if these occassional invasions are but a precursor of one massive invasion yet to come, facing such an invasion while in the midst of civil war would likely be our undoing.

Another complication is that the people do not appear able to "force" what is coming. We appear to lack any ability to make things happen on our preferred timeline or schedule. However, it is within our power to anticipate, to plan, and to be ready for various scenarios when presented to us.

Lord British was a benevolent "ruler," yet he was our ruler nonetheless. I, for one, am convinced that his greatest gift to us, his beloved subjects, were the Virtues. The more closely we understand and embrace them, the stronger and safer we shall be. Yet even Lord British's closest friend, Lord Blackthorn, was unable to embrace our King's vision and policies. And we as a people have rarely been united in many things.

It is my view that we must have eyes and ears wherever possible. We must discern as best we are able Lord Casca's likely actions. We must repel these invasions as quickly and forcefully as we are able. If possible, we must put in place fast & effective methods of communicating with one another.

Despite all that which I find of highest priority, even Lord British never attempted to subjugate or crush the Kingdom of Dawn, or Avalon, Lumeria, or others. It is my view that IF Lord Casca seeks to use force against those who it would be far wiser to see as allies, then we will have to act. And the time to discuss what action we would take in such an event, and to plan for such action, Is NOW!

The Nystad question, which I consider worthy and important, does not seem to be one requiring an immediate answer, ... unless ... unless it were proven to have a direct bearing upon Lord Casca's claim upon the Throne. So even this question is one that prudence suggests be given proper attention. Let the question be posed and hopefully answered... Do the Nystad's seek only restoration of name and lands ... or have they any greater claims?

I thank all who share their views and or questions here, or in other venues and forums where our people gather.

May the Virtues guide and protect us,

Elladan, Legendary Paladin of Trinsic

O

Obsession 1

All of your observations and opinions are meek and shall be considered useless. By now you should all know that whatever Oriana says shall not only be considered truthful, but also final. Once she has spoken there is really no need to continue.

Tell em whats up Ori. :D

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obsession..while I appreciate you enthusiasm, I'm not the final say on anything. Everyone is allowed their opinion and many people find information before I do.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of your observations and opinions are meek and shall be considered useless. By now you should all know that whatever Oriana says shall not only be considered truthful, but also final. Once she has spoken there is really no need to continue.

Tell em whats up Ori. :D
Obsession,

The author of this thread intended to facilitate discussion about what we, as the Free Peoples of Greater Sosaria and the Old World, shall do in reaction to this announcement by Lord Casca Elf-Friend. What stance shall we take? Should the Kingdom of Dawn, the City of Avalon, and others continue to assert their long-held independance from Britannian Hegemony; or should they bend knee and submit to this new liege? *Smiles*

Hence, no where in this thread is the author (or myself for that matter) questioning the word or the accuracy of Lady Oriana and Sara's reporting. If he did, he would be on the recieving end of a long lecture from me. Instead, Oriana and Sara have presented us the facts. Now we, as players, have the opportunity to discuss what these facts might mean and where they might lead us. Roleplaying has been largely absent from Baja for about three years now, so some folks might not understand what we're talking about; but you will in good time.

I will have a more thourough response, one in-character no less, prepared soon. I have to finish four important projects before the end of the night first.

O

Ozymandies

The Republic of Freedonia stands ready, as always, to fight beside the highest bidder.

OZ

K

Kurpur

Ug Dere,

Mez Kurpur hab Samarian Hummiez skribbelz hur wad mez blah su dat latz lurnz wad Orciez gruk.

(Hello,
Me, Kurpur have Samarian human to write here what I say so that you understand what Orcs think.)

Da Orciez clan ob Dawn kumz tu Dawn kuz wez peep dat demz nub clomp Orciez agh demz Warboz ib guud tu hurz clan.
(The Orc clan of Dawn came to Dawn because we saw that they do not kill Orcs and their ruler is a good to her clan/people.)

Diz ib tingz wez nub gruk;
(This is things we do not know.)

Wez hab peep agh hurd diz Cascu blah dat hemz ib Warboz. Whu mek hemz dat? Da Kuncel? Wur dey? 000 dat rid! demz clompid! Whu clompid demz? Whu gruk? Du Cascu finz ut whu du id? Nub!
(We have seen and heard this Cascu say that he is Ruler. Who made him that? The Council? Where are they? Oh thats right! They are dead! Who killed them? Who knows? Does Cascu find out who do? No!)

Hemz blah dat hemz wanz tu mek ull clanz hemz. Wey?
(He says that he wants to make all clans his. Why?)

Cascu blah dat hemz clomp Dawn. Wey? Ib id nub guud tu hab clanz? Wey hemz nub blah fur clanz tu wurk wif hemz? Nub tu bikumz snaga!
Cascu says he will kill(?) Dawn. Why? Is it not good to have clans? Why he not ask for clans to work with him? Not to become slaves!)

Wey wen Orciez blah dat demz wanz tu blah tu hemz, Cascu blah dat Orciez ib kriddurz? Orciez ur da Ash Raez!
(Why when Orcs say that they want to speak to him, Cascu says that Orcs are animals? Orcs are the First Race!)

Wen Warboz Wildstar blah dat hurz wanz tu blah tu Cascu, hemz nub du id! Hemz blah dat hemz wul nub blah tu ull da Warbozez! Wey? Hemz skurd agh nub gruk wad tu blah tu demz. Wey? Kuz sumash elz ib blah tu hemz wad tu blah. Wey ib diz lyk diz?
(When Ruler Wildstar says that she wants to speak to Cascu, he not do it? He says that he will not talk to all the Rulers! Why? He is scared and does not know what to say to them. Why? Because someone else is telling him what to say. Why is this like this?)

Orciez gruk diz wey!
(Orcs think this why!)

Cascu nub peep fur doz dat clomp da Kuncel bikuz hemz hab id dun! Wey hemz nub helb tu mek guud da zik poinitrz en Havenurk? Hemz nub wanz hemz tu blah!
(Cascu does not look for those that killed the Council because he had it done! Why doesn't he help to make the sick elf well in Haven? He doesn't want him to speak!)

Cascu nub wanz clanz kuz ob da Warbozez ob doz clanz! Cascu skurd ob uddur Warbozez kuz hemz nub Warboz. Cascu nub Warboz agh Orciez gruk dat sumash elz ib blah hemz wad tu du!
(Cascu doesn't want clans because of the Rulers of those clans! Cascu is scared of the other Rulers because he is not the Ruler. Cascu isn't Ruker and Orcs think that someone else is telling him what to do!)

Whu dat? Ash, led mez blah wad Orciez peep.
(Who is that? First, let me say what Orcs see.)

Whu ib Aino agh wur ib hurz lanz? Wur ib Kullervo? Wad hemz gruk dat wez nub? Ib Aino wanz hurz lanz wey nub blah tu uddur clanz?
(Who is Aino and where are her lands? Where is Kullervo? What does he know that we don't? If Aino wants her lands back why not speak to the other clans?)

Cascu blah dat hemz wanz Aino tu bi Warboz ob Gurd bud hurz nub blah yub ur nub. Wey nub? Orciez gruk dat Hurz ib Cascu'z Warboz. Hurz hab hut en Briturk kazzel agh Cascu hab tu gu tu Blackthorn'z. Ib Cascu ib Warboz wey hemz nub seep agh lib en Briturk kazzel? Briturk kazzel dat hab mur gurdz, hab kannun un ruuf, hab Warboz zit en id! Wey? Kuz hemz nub Warboz! Orciez gruk dat diz Aino ib Cascu Warboz agh Cascu hurz snaga!
(Cascu says he wants Aino to be Ruler(Captain) of the Guard but she didn't say yes or no. Why not? Orcs think that she is Cascu's Ruler. She has a house in Lord Britian's castle and Cascu has to go to Blackthorn's. If Cascu is Ruler why does he not sleep and live in Lord Britian's castle? Lord Britian's castle has more guards, Has cannon on roof, Has Throne in it! Why? Becuase he is not Ruler! Orcs think that this Aino is Cascu's ruler and Cascu is her slave!)

Su nuw wad?
(So now what?)

Da Warbozez ob ull da clanz wanz u blah tu Cascu agh hemz blah nub! Hemz wanz ull dat poinitrz agh hummiez tu pik ash Warboz tu blah fur ull! Wey? kuz hemz agh Aino skurd, agh dat wey hemz ken clomp da Warbozez ash ad tym. Da Orciez hab ben peepen fur Aino agh nub ken finz. Ebriash nedz tu peep fur hurz!
(The Rulers of all the clans want to speak to Cascu and he says no! Cascu wants all the elves and humans to pick one Ruler to speak for them all! Why? Because he and Aino are scared, and that way he can kill the Rulers one at a time. The Orcs have been looking for Aino and can not find. Everyone needs to look for her!)

Un diz laz ting, Cascu, agh da uddur Warbozez ob ull da lanz hab tu rekuniz dat da Orciez ur clanz tu! Wez wul nub ukie ur uggri tu wad ib blah tu Cascu wif ut Orciez gruk wad ib tu bi blah. Wez sem az poinitrz agh hummiez!
(And this last thing. Cascu and the other Rulers of all the lands have to recognize that the Orcs are clans too! We will not ok or agree to what is said to Cascu with out Orcs knowing what is to be said. We are same as Elves and Humans.)

Kurpur
Mojoki Orc ob Dawn

Entheeya

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Da Warbozez ob ull da clanz wanz u blah tu Cascu agh hemz blah nub! Hemz wanz ull dat poinitrz agh hummiez tu pik ash Warboz tu blah fur ull! Wey? kuz hemz agh Aino skurd, agh dat wey hemz ken clomp da Warbozez ash ad tym. Da Orciez hab ben peepen fur Aino agh nub ken finz. Ebriash nedz tu peep fur hurz!
(The Rulers of all the clans want to speak to Cascu and he says no! Cascu wants all the elves and humans to pick one Ruler to speak for them all! Why? Because he and Aino are scared, and that way he can kill the Rulers one at a time. The Orcs have been looking for Aino and can not find. Everyone needs to look for her!)
Interesting...I believe Casca wants a Ruler from 'Each town and kingdom'
to be appointed as spoke person. Sounds like he's looking to make another
council of about 12 people or so. Could be a good or bad thing. But.... If
Casca is really trying to bring the people together why is his castle locked
and why all the guards ???

Soo.... The people of Baja need to start electing people to represent the
town and kingdoms before Casca elects his own people !!!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Entheeya,

Lord Casca has already stated in his last speech that the independent kingdoms, cities & groups (Dawn, Dark Tower, etc.) had to pick one and only one representative to speak before the court.

WildStar

Entheeya

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Entheeya,

Lord Casca has already stated in his last speech that the independent kingdoms, cities & groups (Dawn, Dark Tower, etc.) had to pick one and only one representative to speak before the court.

WildStar
I could be wrong, I understood it to be one per city and kingdom.
Either way, We need to get it together and elect someone to be a
representative for us...:spider::spider::spider::spider:

O

Obsession 1

Obsession,

The author of this thread intended to facilitate discussion about what we, as the Free Peoples of Greater Sosaria and the Old World, shall do in reaction to this announcement by Lord Casca Elf-Friend. What stance shall we take? Should the Kingdom of Dawn, the City of Avalon, and others continue to assert their long-held independance from Britannian Hegemony; or should they bend knee and submit to this new liege? *Smiles*

Hence, no where in this thread is the author (or myself for that matter) questioning the word or the accuracy of Lady Oriana and Sara's reporting. If he did, he would be on the recieving end of a long lecture from me. Instead, Oriana and Sara have presented us the facts. Now we, as players, have the opportunity to discuss what these facts might mean and where they might lead us. Roleplaying has been largely absent from Baja for about three years now, so some folks might not understand what we're talking about; but you will in good time.

I will have a more thourough response, one in-character no less, prepared soon. I have to finish four important projects before the end of the night first.
LOL i completely understand that WarDragon. My post was not to simplify or disarm the purpose of your postings. Rather, an attempt to lift the spirit of Mrs. Oriana from what appeared to be a "sensitive" thread for her. Please do not take my post as a downplay of importance in your writings.

Thanks,

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Entheeya,

WildStar
representative for us...:spider::spider::spider::spider:
What's the deadline on this? Or rather, how fast is Lord Casca moving to put his own people into favorable positions?

We could start a poll to choose someone as our Head Representative, and then representatives from each city, group, etc., so that when the time comes, we'll be ready with either a single voice or the voice of each individual concern.

K

Kurpur

Ug Dere,

Egen mez hab Samarian hummiez skribbelz diz tuu.

(Again I will have Samarian human to write this too.)

Nuw iz da tym fur ull da pepelz tu gruk!
(Now is the time for all the people to think.)

Mez gruk dat Cascu nuw grukz dat da pepelz wul blah agh bikuz demz hummiez agh poinitrz dat dey wul sturt tu clomp echuddur!
(I think that Cascu now thinks that the people will talk and because they are human and Elves that they will start to fight each other!)

Wez muz mek sur dat diz nub habbenz! Ull da pepelz muz wurk tugeddur un diz agh kumz tugeddur! Ib wez clomp ech udder den dat mek Cascu strung! Dat muz nub habben!
(We must make sure that this not happens! All the people must work together on this and come together! If we fight each other then that makes Cascu strong! That must not happen!)

Mez gruk dat ib wez blah tu Cascu dat da clanz wul mek hemz strungur den juz habben da pepelz, wez wul stey strung agh bi beddur tu mek da pepelz en kuntrul!
(I think that if we speak to Cascu that the clans will make him stronger than just having the people, we will stay strong and be better to make the people in control!)

Da clanz muz hab Warbozez tu ledz buf un da clompen plez agh en da plezez da pepelz lib!
(The clans must have Leaders to lead both on the fighting fields and in the places the people live!)

Dat ib wad mez gruk,

Kurpur
Mojoki Orc ob Dawn

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to make my replies to this out-of-character. I intend to create a more in-character response later, but for now...

Who's to say that Lord Casca isn't trying to unite the various peoples and lands of Baja in an effort to create a more harmonious and peaceful society? I know that many people of today's age have a mindset that demands freedom at all times (and it's a mindset I have trouble agreeing with myself), even when it's been proven throughout history that individuality isn't the best way to get things done.

Imagine an army with soldiers who all feel that they should each be the one taking command. It's never going to work.

Perhaps Lord Casca aims to forcefully place Baja under one direction so that it can better protect itself in the future from the ongoing invasions. He may be doing all of Baja a huge favor by undertaking this responsibility himself, and casting himself as the anti-hero who will perform the dirty but neccessary sins for the good of Baja.
Your opinion is absolutely valid, my friend. In theory, I actually agree with what you are saying. A strong, unified society is much better equipped to handle the onset of the Shadowlords, and send them back to the burning abyss from whence they came.

On the other hand, the player-cities of Dawn and Avalon (some of Baja's first roleplaying "stages") have been largely independant since their inception many years ago; as far back as the days of Lord British. They are strong-willed, independant-minded folk who don't take kindly to some foreign king demanding that they bend knee (or face the consequences). Dawn has long been an ally to Britannia (the Grand Duchess of Dawn has tended to the wounded Britannians during many of the invasions over the past couple of years), but they were called out during Casca's opening speech and told that they must "immidiately dissolve." There are actually arguments for and against Dawnite (as well as Avalonian, Lumarian, Orcish, etc) Independance; which can be discussed in a more in-character manner later.

This is actually a good thing for our small, but slowly returning roleplay community. Conflict breeds roleplaying, and roleplaying breeds conflict. I encourage everyone to weigh-out what their characters would do; even if you don't roleplay but just want to participate in the storyline.

Do you think we need a strong, unified Britannia? Then you might support Lord Casca. A group of fanatical inquisitors has already voiced their approval of this new king. The Royal Britannian Guard is also naturally behind Lord Casca.

Do you think that Lord British is the True and Rightful King? Then you might protest him. There are many who have prophecied the "Return of the King", and have voiced their opinions thus.

Some of the more independant-minded have thrown their support behind Dawn. One does not necessarily need to be against Lord Casca, to oppose this particular measure. Many of the Feluccians feel the same way as the Kingdom of Dawn.

Also, some of you might be former members of the Partisans of Chaos? Or members of the factions? Someone is welcome to take this, and make their own protests and resistance against Britannian hegemony.

Despite all that which I find of highest priority, even Lord British never attempted to subjugate or crush the Kingdom of Dawn, or Avalon, Lumeria, or others. It is my view that IF Lord Casca seeks to use force against those who it would be far wiser to see as allies, then we will have to act. And the time to discuss what action we would take in such an event, and to plan for such action, Is NOW!
Agreed.

Such discussions are certainly ongoing. There are many kingdoms, and many roleplayers involved. Some will take one side, and some will take another.

Interesting...I believe Casca wants a Ruler from 'Each town and kingdom'
to be appointed as spoke person. Sounds like he's looking to make another
council of about 12 people or so. Could be a good or bad thing. But.... If
Casca is really trying to bring the people together why is his castle locked
and why all the guards ???

Soo.... The people of Baja need to start electing people to represent the
town and kingdoms before Casca elects his own people !!!
Casca's intentions were more along the lines of representatives or ambassadors from each independant-kingdom (Dawn, Avalon, Lumaria, and some of the larger guilds who want their say) who wishes to express some grievience against Casca's aim at total unification of Sosaria.

Casca, as you might remember, was the prosecutor at Ricardo's Trial; and intended for it to be something of a court proceeding. If your kingdom could justify their independance, he would "allow for it." I would encourage guilds who have a special kinship with a certain town or region (such as if your guild is based around Vesper, Britain, Luna, etc), then you might also take the opportunity to step forward for that city.

The Royal Council has already been "elected" though. You wouldn't be able to have a EM-endorsed council of twelve, only because it wouldn't be fair. Who would get the right to be on the council? The roleplayers? They might be more involved in the storyline, you guys are just as much a part of the community as we are.

On the other hand, a player-run council? Now that might be something. *Grins*

representative for us...
Nicholas the Old, being a close friend and councilor to many of these kingdoms, was asked to represent the Kingdom of Dawn, the Duskwood, and so fourth. He might also represent Avalon, Lumaria, and the Dark Tower; but that is up for the members of these societies to decide.

He isn't representing the community as a whole, just those who asked him to.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps part of the reason I can so freely allow myself to consider that Lord Casca is only trying to "unify" the various groups on Baja is because I spend all of my time in Felluca.

Most of us in Fel either don't realize or don't care what's going on. Most of us already assume that whatever happens in these events will not affect us in the slightest.

On the other hand, I do wholeheartedly agree with you that such long time guilds such as the Kingdom of Dawn & Avalon should not yield to a foreign ruler; they have done so much for Baja since before I even started my own adventuring. If those of us in Fel, with our already notoriously wild spirits, were to face domination by an unknown factor, we too would fight against it tooth and nail.

Thus far, I cannot gauge the interest in these proceedings by those of us who only play in Fel. I believe I may very well be the only one in my guild who even knows what's going on. However, if there was to be a representative for the Fel groups, I'd nominate someone from SI. They've been doing the Fel thing for longer than most, and I trust them to represent the citizens of Felluca fairly and intelligently, without bias. Unfortunately, I do not know of anyone in SI who would be willing to take this position. Maybe I'll send out a few pigeons and see if someone from SI is interested?

On a side note, for those of you who support Lord British as the one and only true King, then I have to ask: where has he been?

Entheeya

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other hand, a player-run council? Now that might be something. *Grins*
It would be something, but your right. The logistics of this would probably
would make this impossible. Still I would like to see representatives from several City's and Towns. They could make their peoples wishes known to to one or two people whom would meet with Casca or his council to help decide
our fate...maybe ??

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disclaimer: If you read this, and it doesn't make much sense, WarderDragon wrote most of it half-asleep... *Prys eyelids open with a couple of toothpicks*

Most of us in Fel either don't realize or don't care what's going on. Most of us already assume that whatever happens in these events will not affect us in the slightest.
Honestly, I think things could turn out rather differently (provided the right combination of events, scenarios, and storylines occur). On Chesapeake for one, ROT (one of that shards major PK/Faction Guilds) has essentially proclaimed themselves to be rabidly anti-Casca (they are part of the Minax Faction). Thereby, they have become part of the story. I am sure that if the Feluccians on this shard take an interest, Seppo and Pallando will make more of an effort to bring the storyline to you.

Interestingly enough; on Chesapeake, Lord Casca has actually managed to win over the majority of roleplaying guilds to his side. Each shards Casca is unique, with a slightly different persona and view of the world.

On our shard though, I actually prefer this Casca. As I mentioned before, conflict breeds good roleplaying. We don't read books or watch movies to hear about people going about their daily lives; but instead, we read these books and watch these movies for the epic struggles within.

On a side note, for those of you who support Lord British as the one and only true King, then I have to ask: where has he been?
There are many arguments and opinions having to do with this question; something which provides some interesting content to debate about (in-character, of course). One of my characters practically worships British, where another despises the former King.

Nevertheless, the developers attempted to explain the departure of Lord British following the Age of Shadows expansion. The problem was, Richard Garriot's (the owner of Lord British) departure was unplanned and was never explained within the game lore. He simply disappeared. The developers attempted to resolve this a couple years later.

According to the story, British returned following the death of Lord Blackthorne (along with his companion, which became the first Commander of the Guard). He had been wandering the multiverse, in what I presume was a quest to reunite the various shards back togeather. Yet, shocked and dismayed by his close friends death; British decided to give up his quest to reunite the shards, and instead rely on another path. He took fragments of the gem, and personally exiled himself to the abyss. The plan is, if Minax isn't able to get the shards (because all the shards were artificially created parallel universes, each shard has a bunch of shards which I presume are merely copies), then she would never be able to reunite the gem and destroy Sosaria. Therefore, he essentially sacrificed himself for the greater good.

He left the Royal Britannian Council there to rule in his stead. Britannia was already something of a constitutional monarchy, therefore this legislative senate could rule without the aid of an executive; which naturally leaves enough problems of its own.

Well, this leaves it up to the players to interpret. Some suggest that Lord British shall someday return; hence "the Once and Future King." He never left us with an heir; unless we are going to find out about some illegitament wandering around in the near future. Others have considered British to have ascended to another level of being, and have developed a hero cult around him. Other groups think good riddance (the Council of Mages). Still, others welcome Casca. There are lots of options, and lots of different factions and views that don't get played out as much, but they are there.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many opinions as to our Lord British's whereabout. In game official fiction (if I recall correctly) recorded that Lord British took the fragments of the Gem of Immortality into the Void to safeguard his people and lands.

I have asked EA folks if EA retained any rights to the Lord British persona when Richard Garriot left the company. I understand Richard Garriot had a personal account with the Lord British character on it, which he retained. I would hope though that EA also retained some rights to an NPC form of Lord British, but I do not know if this occurred. So I am unsure if Lord British will ever appear in Britannia again UNLESS Richard Garriot returns.

However, there is also Bajanian fiction (player created) recording the whereabouts of both Lord British AND Lord Blackthorn, and ways by which both may return to our realm.

IF Lord British does not return, then a new question arises: Will EA provide an in game storyline for a legitimate successor (perhaps Lord Casca is that) to succeed Lord British as our new IN-GAME King??? I, for one, hope so!!!

O

Obsession 1

There are many opinions as to our Lord British's whereabout. In game official fiction (if I recall correctly) recorded that Lord British took the fragments of the Gem of Immortality into the Void to safeguard his people and lands.

Umm, what?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Obsession 1, english is my only language.

If you can't understand it, I can't help ya.

O

Obsession 1

Mr. Elladan,
Your translation of the English language is, by my opinion, very good. Also, my ability to read it appears sufficient as everything you stated made sense. The only thing i questioned was your mention of "The Gem of Immortality".

I have never heard of such a thing is all.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obsession, watch the opening movie for UO will give you a basic background of what Warder and Eladan are speaking of. And many people aren't aware of the history behind Ultima Online itself. The games that preceded it date back into the early 80's. Most of the lore is taken a lot from those games. Look up Ultima Hitstory by itself and see what it brings you.

PS: Usually I would look up such, but having a crazy day.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh snap, now you've gotten me started! *Grins mischeviously, rubbing his hands togeather*

In the years preceeding the formation of the Britannian Kingdom; the world we know today as Felucca (Sosaria) was divided into four major continents. They were known as Akalabeth (The Kingdom of Akalabeth and the Land of Lost Kings; later known as "the Land of Lord British"), the Tokuno Islands (The Kingdoms of Rondorlin and Barataria; known as "the Land of Feudal Lords"), Serpents Isle (The Kingdoms of the White Dragon and of Shamino; known also as "the Lands of Danger and Despair"), and the Lands of the Dark Unknown (The Kingdoms of the Black Dragon and of Olympus).

Akalabeth naturally corresponds to modern day Britannia. Rondorlin and Barataria were modified to give them a slightly more asian-influence (which is actually more accurate than some anti-SE people wanted to believe), becoming the Tokuno Islands. I believe that Serpents Isle actually corresponds to either Ilshenar or the Lost Lands. Serpents Isle contained the Serpents Pillars and Ophidians, but it also contained the City of Monitor (which is very similar to Montor in Ilshenar). I have a feeling that Malas corresponds to the Land of the Dark Unknown; as the Kingdom of Olympus would correspond to Malas' Greco-Egyptian Themes.

Nevertheless, the wealthiest and most powerful of these empires was the Kingdom of Akalabeth. It had long been ruled by a line of hereditary monarchs and magocrats, the most recent being King Wolfgang. Wolfgang had two heirs, the first who's name was unknown, but the second was known as Prince Mondain. He also had several friends (Shamino of Serpents Isle), and Champions (Lord Blackthorn and Cantabrigan British). He ruled with benevolence, using the "Sun Ruby" to bring prosperity to his people.

Over time thought, the King began to notice that his youngest son (who was fascinated with the magical arts) was growing increasingly cruel, sadistic, and obsessed with power. So, he offered his son something he hoped would sway him to enter into a more virtuous path. If his son would cease to practice magic for a year, and study with the monks of the Order of Truth (the pre-Virtue Religion), he would pass the Sun Ruby down to that son. Mondain agreed; but in truth, he did not plan to wait a year.

Mondain murdered his father the next evening, and stole the Sun Ruby. This sent the Kingdom of Akalabeth into chaos, but gradually things began to settle down. Its not clear what happened during this time period, but as Lord British was not yet proclaimed King; I think it can be infered that Mondain's older brother did rule for a short time.

Mondain returned a couple years later, now a master of the mystical and alchemical arts. He had not yet mastered the use of the Sun Ruby; but he was impatient and wished to reclaim Akalabeth as his own. Therefore, he launched a preliminary strike. This is where Ultima 0: Akalabeth begins.

Lord British, now having risen to the rank of Champion of the White Light, launched a counter-attack against Mondain. You essentially play the role of Lord British in this first game, fighting through Mondains hordes until you confront the Wizard himself. You manage to defeat him after a long, difficult battle; but he manages to flee before you can strike the killing blow.

I think that, had Mondain's older brother ruled for a time; he must've died during the time period of Ultima 0: Akalabeth (possibly having been assassinated by Mondain). For his valor in combating the Dark Wizard, Lord British was named the King of Akalabeth. He consolidated the realm, and was able to repair its defences; but it would not be long before Mondain would launch his war on all Sosaria.

Mondain had finally managed to master the use of the Sun Ruby, and used its immensely powerful energies to bind himself and the gem to the world. It would give him nearly god-like powers, immortality (hence the name, "The Gem of Immortality"), and effectively prevented anyone born within or bound to the world at the time of the Gem's corruption from ever truely being able destroy the Wizard. Lord British, and some of the other Kingdoms, managed to put up a weak resistance; but how do you defeat something that is nearly invincible?

This is where the Stranger (the Avatar) comes in. Nystul, the Highmage of Britannia (and mentor to Clainin) came to a startling realization. Mondain's power only extended over those born within, or currently bound to the world (and therefore the Gem). Although Lord British had actually come from Earth in his childhood, he had been in the world at the time of its corruption and no longer had the power to defeat the Dark Wizard (or his apprentice, Minax). Therefore, British used the same summoning magics (the Moongate) that brought him to Britannia, to bring a unwitting hero to become the new Champion of Akalabeth. The stranger went on his quest through the four continents, gained the power and knowledge he needed, and travelled back in time to shatter the Gem before Mondain could gain complete invincibility.

Of course, as I mentioned; the world was bound to the Gem. Richard Garriot came up with a story explanation for everything, and that included the different servers. When the Gem was shattered, rather than freeing the world; it merely tore the world into several parallel universes.

This, in effect, also caused each of our souls to become divided amongst these realms. Therefore, while Nicholas the Old might be an old and wise wizard on Baja; Nicholas might be a fisherman on another world. WildStar is the Duchess of Dawn on Baja; but on another world, she might be a pauper. Oriana might be on the resident reporter on this shard; but in a parallel universe such as Europa or Pacific, she might be the Mayor of Trinsic, the Grandmaster of the Mages Council, or perhaps even the Queen of Darkness.

Phew!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, another couple of tidbits for the lore-curious...

The Kingdom of Dawn is actually based on the Village of Dawn from Ultima 1. In the story, the mechanism for transporting back and fourth between the ethereal realm malfunctioned at some point (probably the Shattering), leaving Dawn trapped until the Guardians of Virtue (one of Baja's earliest roleplaying guilds) rescued it from destruction.

Dawn was a magical town in Ultima III in the deepest forest, that only appeared when both Moons were in the phase of new moon. Dawn had the best weapons, armour and equipment available in all of Sosaria (but of course that meant that the prices were high as well...).

In Ultima IX, a destroyed village named "Dawn" appears, but it can't be the same town. It is in the mountains in the Southeast part of Britannia and is East of the frozen over back entrance to Destard.
The Dark Tower (and the Well of Souls) was also based on Ultima Lore. It made its appearance in Ultima VII. Na'Krul on the other hand was taken from Diablo 1.

When the Lich took full possession of Horance of Skara Brae, he turned evil, and forced the people of Skara Brae to erect this huge Dark Tower, where once his house had been, connecting the small isle with the main island. Woven into the walls is Blackrock, which shields off any harmful magic. The center of this dark building is the Well of Souls, where the Liche kept trapped the souls of the dead, feeding on them. And every night at midnight, the Lich fed on the astral power of the ghosts of the inhabitants of Skara Brae, while undead creatures guarded his domain.
The tower lost its power, when the Avatar destroyed the Lich and the Well of Souls in Ultima VII, but the tower remains as a sign of what once had been.
It was actually rather appropriate, as the Dark Tower was located for some time just outside of Skara Brae.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met with my other selves from other shards/multiverse. Needless to say, we share a common love for sake. The power of sake is truly powerful, indeed. Also, I commented that I have a nice bum so I told that to my other selves, "Other Xel, you have a very nice bum."

Other Xel stated: "Thank you other Xel from another shard. You have a very tone and shapely bum as well!"

Me: "I'll drink to that!!!"

Other Xel stated: "ME TOO!!! Mwahahahaha!" :lol:

Ah, good times.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obsession 1,

I am sorry if I was abrupt or overly sarcastic. I was wrong to presume most know the History of our beloved world and lands. As your question was extremely short and somewhat vague I took it for sarcasm where it likely was a genuine inquiry. Again, sorry.

Nicholas,

Thank you very much for the History lesson, which I never tire of hearing, especially as my recollection often fails me as I continue entering the twilight of this life.

Now, back to discussion of what Lord Casca really intends, what of the threats to Dawn and others, what of the Nystads, what of Lord British...and a true, valid Royal successor, and what of the Shadow War???

Elladan

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember some of that, but reading it all again certainly does help. Thanks for the history lesson!