• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Looting Rights Bug

Alcor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This bug has been around since the changes which gave kill credits to healers/tankers. As I do not play normal shards, I cannot confirm that it exists outside of Siege Perilous.

When fighting monsters such as Corgul or Scalis, upon the creature's death it will frequently be the case that only one person gets looting rights even though others present have done plenty of damage themselves. This appears to happen whether the participants are partied or not. The person who gets sole rights seems fairly random (not necessarily the top attacker or a particular type of character). Such a bug means that only one person receives an artifact drop, or chance thereof, and makes doing these sorts of monsters fairly pointless.

My group of nine tested this again today with Corgul. In the first attempt, run in a party, only one member obtained looting rights. In the second, done without party, all members obtained rights.

In a similar manner, it is also now not unusual to see one person obtain all six power scrolls at a champion spawn.

Alcor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In a further test today with nine members and no party at any point, at Scalis only one person received looting rights. At Corgul all members received rights.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I have witnessed the described behaviour at Melissande and Navrey several times. Standard damage dealt (checked with Damage Counter in EC), still only one person gets looting rights.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still this bug continues. It's so frustrating to spend half an hour doing Corgul, or to burn a load of white nets trying to summon Scalis, only to have one person getting a drop chance.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe looting rights is bugged due to that fix they did with healers, etc getting rights.
Which is fine, but event monsters are really buggy, no matter what character I use, I still
Do not get looting rights 90percent of the time. My friends say the same.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Still this bug continues. It's so frustrating to spend half an hour doing Corgul, or to burn a load of white nets trying to summon Scalis, only to have one person getting a drop chance.
Are you still seeing this problem since Publish 81 went worldwide? There were changes made in Publish 81 that should have eased up looting right restrictions a bit.

If you are in fact still seeing this, can you please provide additional information about your encounter? Specifics would include the mob that you were fighting, the number of people involved in the fight (tanking, healing and DPS) as well as an estimate of how much tanking, DPS and healing were done by those involved? Something like: Fighting Scalis with 5 participants (2 people in my group), 1 sampire was tanking him the whole fight, 2 tamers had greater dragons on him and 2 other spell casters were also casting various DPS spells.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have seen the bug post publish 81 and it is an intermittent problem at Corgul and Scalis, but may also be the cause of one person occasionally getting all the scrolls at champion hunts (and at a harrower about six months ago when a tamer with a greater dragon got all the scrolls).

The most recent occasion we had the problem was last week at Corgul. Our exact group varies slightly, but for this one we had three tamers with greater dragons, three mystics doing healing, RCs and direct damage, one bard/archer with disco (no spellsong), and one mage healer. In addition, all the mage/mystics and one of the tamers had spellweaving and were doing Word of Death at the end. After Corgul died, only the mage healer had looting rights. One of the mystics reported that he did just short of 25k in damage but had no looting rights.

In addition to the above, we also usually have a high-damage thrower/sampire along. But there seems to be no rhyme nor reason over who we have when the bug appears, neither does there seem any consistency as to who is the only one with the looting rights; sometimes it is a myst, sometimes a healer, sometimes one of the tamers.

We always run Corgul/Scalis without a party as it appears to us from extensive testing that if you are in a party then there is only one chance of a special drop given to a random member of the party, whereas as individuals everyone who qualifies for looting rights gets a special drop chance.

Oh, and this is on Siege, if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Further incident yesterday, this time at Scalis. Combatants were made up of:

4 x tamers with GDs, also healing with magery, and one with disco and one with WOD at end.
2 x throwers
1 mystic, healing and using RCs
1 myst/mage, healing and attacking eels and using WOD at end
1 mage, healing and the odd direct offensive spell
1 mage, healing and casting EVs
1 mage (me), healing, sometimes attacking eels, and using WOD at end.

Again, only one person ended up with looting rights, and it was me just as it was with the previously mentioned Corgul encounter. The top damager would undoubtedly have been one of the throwers, who was doing 200 damage per hit.

T

Tazar

Incident last night at Travesty:

A group of 8:
2 tamers with Greater Dragons
1 tamer with Wolf-Spiders
2 Mystic/Mages
2 Archers
1 pure mage

Of these 3 got looting rights and 5 did not. The one tamer who did the "Tanking" with a greater dragon received looting rights and the 2 Mystic/Mages received looting rights.

We can not judge damage received - but most of us use the EC so we had a good impression of Damage Dealt. The Tanking Tamer had roughly 10k damage - the two Mystic Mages both had around 6.5k damage.

Most of the others each had damage between 3k and 5k. I had damage just under 8k on the pure mage.

Something is wrong - honestly - since the healers were added to the looting rights, I rarely get looting rights at a peerless and I am almost always one of the top 2 damage dealers. I am to the point that I do "other things" when the guild is out hunting. *sighs*

I like that Healers got added - but it should not have kicked so many others out of looting rights.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
My group of nine tested this again today with Corgul. In the first attempt, run in a party, only one member obtained looting rights. In the second, done without party, all members obtained rights.
I have witnessed the described behaviour at Melissande and Navrey several times. Standard damage dealt (checked with Damage Counter in EC), still only one person gets looting rights.
I believe looting rights is bugged due to that fix they did with healers, etc getting rights.
Which is fine, but event monsters are really buggy, no matter what character I use, I still
Do not get looting rights 90percent of the time. My friends say the same.
I like that Healers got added - but it should not have kicked so many others out of looting rights.
We are re-evaluating the way that looting rights are calculated.

T

Tazar

Thank you for digging into this - it has been very frustrating.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to say thanks for the fix on this. We have not seen it occur since the fix went in some time ago.

Dethsius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This bug is back in some fashion.

Me and one other person was fighting in Fel Despise 2 days ago. We both did probably an equal amount of damage on the boss and in the end, only he had looting rights. We were not partied. I did not die or leave the location. Zero looting rights and zero scrolls. This was only on the boss.