• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loot question...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, need some help here... :p

I tamed a WW on Siege and died a couple of times doing that. The beast managed to loot some of my armour pieces. Is there a way to get them back now that it is tamed (I´ve heard people mention the "drop" command here on the boards) or should I consider them gone?

Thanks in advance!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if i remember right they will only drop the gold but it has been a while try it and see

well i just used it on one of my dragons and it dropped arrows

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I did try to say "drop" a couple of times but nothing happened...

Oh well.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drop command only works with bonded pets now. I'm not sure if your items will stay on the beast until then or not, but if you didn't want to kill it, that's worth trying.

Wenchy

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you have to say your pets name and drop not just all drop ex"fizbane drop"

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you have to say your pets name and drop not just all drop ex"fizbane drop"
Haven´t named it yet but tried to say "a white wyrm drop" but nothing happened...

The drop command only works with bonded pets now. I'm not sure if your items will stay on the beast until then or not, but if you didn't want to kill it, that's worth trying.

Wenchy
Yeah, I wanted to keep it so that´s why I couldn´t just kill it to get the stuff back.
Will wait until it bonds and try again. If it drops, it drops.

Thanks for the replies guys! :thumbsup:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll need to rename it with a 1 word name before it'll respond to the drop command by name. One of those silly things you'd expect to be fixed by now, but isn't ;)

Wenchy

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Renamed it to a single name but didn´t drop anything. Will try one more time after it bonds... :p

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Renamed it to a single name but didn´t drop anything. Will try one more time after it bonds... :p
Other posters are right.

Commands using [name] [Command] syntax only work when there is no space in the name. And the [Drop] command only works when the pet is bonded.

Another alternative for retrieving would be to ask a "trusted" thief to steal from the WW. Not sure if it would work, but it is worth the try.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another alternative for retrieving would be to ask a "trusted" thief to steal from the WW. Not sure if it would work, but it is worth the try.
Interesting...

Will try that if it doesn´t drop when bonded. Thanks!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yup, it dropped after it bonded. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for your posts guys!