• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Loot I can't unravel yet...

N

nohero

Haven't been able to get in touch with my imbuer friend for days, decided to build my own.

Been farming Shame Mud Elementals for a bit and my Imbuing has gone to 62.0. I've come across about 40 items so far that say I'm not skilled enough to unravel them. My question is, are these guaranteed to be relic fragments? Do they just have a chance to be relic fragments or am I totally off base with either assumption?

On a related note about imbuing, since I have the thread started anyway, I'm curious as to what sort of gains I could expect to see from unravelling all of these items when I'm finally capable of doing so. I guess my theory is that if I have hundreds of potential relic frag items stored up, would it be worth maybe buying a 15 minute skill scroll before unravelling them all? Has anyone done this before and what sort of results should I expect?

S

SlackAttacker

The stuff you can't unravel now has too high of an intensity. When you skill is high enough, and you unravel, there is a chance they will be relic frags - nothing is guaranteed.

Unraveling will raise your skill at a ever slowing rate as you progress. I had to start making stuff and imbuing it to get gains past 85. The good thing about imbuing, is that you get pretty consistent gains to 120. You just have to make sure that what you're imbuing is at around 40% probability of success. I would get around 1 full point for each bag of stuff I imbued. Get a backpack, have your crafter make like 16 or 20 heavy platemail jinsahnas (hats) and position them so they evenly distribute them in the bag. Then imbuing something that requires cheap resources (like luck - citrine and residue). When the success probability is around 40%, imbue that to the first hat, then "reimbue last" until you get a message that says your chances of gaining are dimished, then move to next hat - you may have to raise the level of the attribute youre adding as your skill eeks up. When your skill gets higher, you may need to first imbue a high intensity attribute first (like 13 reflect damage) to raise the intensity of the piece and then what may have been over 100% chance is now less because it's the 2nd or 3rd attribute. It takes a little getting used to, but you can quickly see what you need - I recommend luck and reflect, and whatever bulk gems are cheapest - like if rubys are cheap, imbue fire resist, if emeralds, poison resist.

I wouldn't use a SOA just for unraveling. It will take you all of 1 minute to unravel everything. If you do use an SOA - i'd prep some bags of stuff so you can imbue the contents quickly before starting the scroll.

N

nohero

Just wanted to follow up with my experience on this matter now that I've trained my Imbuing up a bit. Hopefully if someone else has a similar question they could find my results useful.

I have been farming mud elementals on Shame lvl 2 for almost a week (couple hours per night). From unravelling loot I got to around 75.0 in Imbuing with about 5000 pieces of gear. During this process there was a total of 145 pieces of gear that I was unable to unravel at my skill.

I then used the Jingasa method to go from 75 to 95 and once I hit 95 I unravelled all 145 items and 100% of them 145/145 became relic fragments. Those 145 items got me from 95.3 to 96.4 from unravelling as well.

I think it's safe to say with relative certainty that items found on mud elementals that cannot be unravelled in the 70's are all going to unravel as relic fragments when you hit 95.

I used a house add-on soulforge as well, in case anyone was wondering.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the upgrade the Shame loot has had. I have been back there to farm relics again.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am considering starting up my first Artificer, and this thread has been very helpful in getting me prepared for that (I've avoided SA and Imbuing for about as long as I could, I think). One question I have is why I keep seeing "Heavy Platemail Jingasas" used to imbue. Is there something special about these items that make them better for gaining skill in Imbuing?

I ask because I am also planning on finishing my blacksmith who is a tad over 100 in skill. I figured I could create items to gain in BS and then attempt to imbue them to gain in Imbuing. So, I was curious as to why Jingasas are so popular.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jingasa are the cheapest, lowest level, SE plate items that you can craft that get automatic "Mage Armor" property when exceptional. That saves you a step in the imbuing process (by starting you with a 100% intensity property), and therefore, saves time and material.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A most excellent response, Basara. Thank you for explaining it to me. Still haven't pulled the trigger on SA yet, but when I do...I will craft some Exceptional Heavy Platemail Jingasas for the mage armor bonus.