• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Looking to start up a collection on LA.

G

Goliath

Im looking to start up a small rares collection on Lake Austin. Right now Im looking for 'low end' rares (if there is such a thing) just to get my collection started. If anyone has anything they would like to sell/trade please contact me. Thanks!:mf_prop:

K

Kratos Aurion

First off you need to provide a budget.

-How much are you willing to spend?
-What type of items interest you?
-Are you looking to buy quantity with your gold, or quality?
(example, would you be more willing to buy 5 small rares or 1 expensive rare)

Once some information is established, it would be a lot easier to point you in the right direction.

V

Vahne

Good to see yet another LA player join the rares addict...err hobby! Another question would be what kind of rares do you like? server births? Em rares? Holiday items? obsidian statues? wearable rares? etc. You can always gobble up rares at random, but it really helps to have a theme or goal in mind when collecting. I myself love kitchen server birth rares and any of the bugged/old tagged items.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent! I am sorry to say I have nothing to offer you, however, I just wanted to say that, with terms such as 'afraid' and 'beware' peppering most threads these days, it is refreshing to see someone getting into this hobby! You are to be congratulated, and I wish you well with the new endeavor!

If you like old oddities, I'd suggest looking for low prices on double exceptional things like crafting tools and clothing on your own server, it can be a fun way to get started, in fact these sorts of items re-inspired me to get back into this craziness. :)

P

PoCove

I started with vet statues and robes .. Then got into some snowglobes .. I now have a near full stuffy collection as well as a few rare rubble pieces ... This can be very expensive as well as rewarding ...

Have fun ..

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also started collecting rares on la about a year now i think. its very fun and...addictive. i did ALOT of peerless to start my collection, heck my first trade was 10 cinctures n couple crystalline rings for a package of mostly server births, so its a good way to start your money flow. there isnt ever much to buy on la so i'd advize if you see cheap xfer tokens, buy em. oh and if you read a rares festival is comming up , start saving, they have great items and are loads of fun.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its true there isnt much for sale on LA but we do have a good amount of rare collectors on LA already, and we make frequent xshards to pick things up from larger shards so if u ever need something sharded back or some gold or whatnot taken somewhere one of us might be heading that way anyways and can tote it along for ya... also if u want to figure out what kind of rares to start collecting the best thing for u to do is check out some other collections... my house in northeast luna has a nice collection (mostly EM items) and there is a book there with runes to other museums on the shard for u to look at.

E

Elbryan Uthador

I agree with Restless, you need to find a niche to start your collection with. ie.

1) EM items (Can be shard specific)
2) Clothing
3) Deco

Or if your really want to, collect whatever catches your fancy.

G

Goliath

Thank you all for the info! I believe right now I would rather go with quantity to get me started, instead of saving up 50 mil to buy one item. Im looking mostly for server births, then going to expand out. Just looking around Luna and a few shops to find some 'rares' but really ya can't find much on LA.

T

T_Amon_from_work

And I had a sale post on LA - the white stuffy horse was part of it. Guess what? no takers on anything and let's face it, there was some really cheap stuff that Tinkers, Miners, T-mappers can use.

Hmmmph

E

Evilminion

Heehee! I saw your sale, T'Amon; I'm just broke as a junkyard chair from all the insurance I lose at stranger spawns . :D

Goliath, I can't help you with server birth items, but I'd be more than happy to give you a couple of double-exceptional or charged armor pieces, or perhaps a nice piece of rubble, to get you started, if you like. Just PM me!

G

Goliath

PM Sent!
Also, is there an LA guild that is for rare's collectors? Id be interested in joining if so!

M

Muu Bin

Goliath, don't mean to hijack your thread but...

I'm in the same position. Looking to start a collection but on Pacific. Based on the comments so far, I would prefer to start with server births or EM items but really don't have the endless pockets that some seem to have. I'd say to start off I have a budget of approx. 10 mil.

If anyone would be willing to provide some input, suggestions, etc... I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

B.t.w. this would be a great thing to sticky if some of the seasoned collectors out there would be able to offer up some ideas for newbie collectors like us. Like a starting buget, different types of rares to consider for a collection, etc...

:thumbup:

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say to start off I have a budget of approx. 10 mil.

If anyone would be willing to provide some input, suggestions, etc... I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Hmm I think a nice decorative and relatively cheap theme, is a kitchen or bar.
You could start with buying miscoloured breads, lamb legs and so on. Maybe get one or two event apples, and cooking utensils like a kettle.
I´m not so up to date to prices, but the things I´ve mentioned are the a bit cheaper items.

Or you could start to collect the old necro regs, like brimstone, wyrms heart, dragon blood and so on.
Those items are a great decoration for your alchemist´s place!

R

RalphLauren

If u dont mind picking items from Sonoma I have couple of low end rare s that i can give ya ..
Just leave me a post or PM

K

kray2s

i not really sure whats around at the moment for under 10 mill (pricing never ben my strong suit lol - is why i ask for a lot of p/c's) however, I would suggest as a previous poster said - get into doing things like lady mel and other peerless's.
rent a vendor and sell what you get like the crimsons hair dyes and so on. You should find you are turning some gold out of the pockets of the passing customers into your own purse :)

Or, if you do not fancy the hassle of running a vendor you have other options such as storing all the items and using them as payment or part trade - or find the icq numbers etc of the owners of the bigger shops on your shard and offer them the items to buy directly from you (however selling direct will get you less as the buyer will want to make a profit).

Just a few ideas as to how you can start to get the gold rolling in to help you start / expand your collections!

I wish all new collectors much fun and enjoyment in starting their collections - If ANY of you are on europa and i can help you out with anything then let me know :)

M

Muu Bin

Thank you Esmerelda, RalphLauren and kray2s for your ideas, offers, and thoughts. I love the idea of the kitchen theme or necro reagents for my alchemist room. Already have a few items in fact. The idea of a vendor to fund this habit has always crossed my mind and I will embark on a "niche" vendor of my own in the very near future. If I was on Sonoma or Europa or ??? I would definitely seek you out in game. Alas, I reside on Pacific. Thanks again for the ideas and feedback - much appreciated!

M.B.