• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Looking to purchase bulk amount of Holy Mackerel, Autumn & Summer Dragonfish Pies (SDI)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As the title reads... I am looking to purchase bulk amount of Summer Dragonfish Pies (Orange pie with SDI buff), Autumn Dragonfish Pies (Brown pie with Meditation buff) and Holy Mackerel Pies (red/blue pie with Mana Regen buff).

I am willing to buy any amounts, large and small.

Please PM me or send me ICQ message with offers.

Magic Fish Buff - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just out of curiosity what would these pies fetch per? I dont have any, but i do have a fisherman who could survive in Destard.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just out of curiosity what would these pies fetch per? I dont have any, but i do have a fisherman who could survive in Destard.
In the past, I had seen a few vendors that would regularly sell them at 5k-8k each.

If willing to fish 'em up and make the pies, I would gladly contract some type of deal or purchase arrangement.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well i got in from work and decided to look into this. As a money making venture it's a bust to be honest. the fish you need to catch for this pie is a "rare" one which gives a special message saying your pole is about to break and it weighs a bunch, thankfully it doesnt give the typical 10 fish steaks but a lil more. In 30 minutes i managed to get 24 of the fish steaks in a fishermans suit while using bait. I have all the requisite skills to make the pies and get the materials but it's just not worth it to be honest. A person would have to spend hours upon hours fishing in destard to get a significant amount of steaks. Sorry man...

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I play ATL. My point is that making these pies is prohibitively expensive and time consuming. Especially if all they are worth on the market is 5-8k each. Adding the Rare fish finder into the mix would just increase the cost. The only reason i was using bait in the first place is because i had some lying around if i was making them for gold in game i wouldnt use bait because its too valuable on vendor search to do so. For example i blew thru a million gold in bait for 24 measly steaks in 30 minutes. This isnt any sort of gold making venture, it's a gold losing venture. It would be nice if they increased the time limit on the mod from 5 minutes to 24 hours that would with one fell swoop reinvigorate fishing as a skill. Lets face facts the mods arent that much anyways on these pies. As a matter of fact the mods are so low and the effects last for so short a time i cant even see myself doing this for my guys and i can make it myself. Yet another in a list of "nice idea but poorly implemented" ideas in this game. An increased timer for the mod would increase pie cost and would make it viable to actually "craft" them. If it were made like the "town" buff it would be nice.. Ill poo in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
or you could use the rare fish finder and hope to catch a few more :) what shard would you be looking for these on?
Atlantic.

I play ATL. My point is that making these pies is prohibitively expensive and time consuming. Especially if all they are worth on the market is 5-8k each. Adding the Rare fish finder into the mix would just increase the cost. The only reason i was using bait in the first place is because i had some lying around if i was making them for gold in game i wouldnt use bait because its too valuable on vendor search to do so. For example i blew thru a million gold in bait for 24 measly steaks in 30 minutes. This isnt any sort of gold making venture, it's a gold losing venture. It would be nice if they increased the time limit on the mod from 5 minutes to 24 hours that would with one fell swoop reinvigorate fishing as a skill. Lets face facts the mods arent that much anyways on these pies. As a matter of fact the mods are so low and the effects last for so short a time i cant even see myself doing this for my guys and i can make it myself. Yet another in a list of "nice idea but poorly implemented" ideas in this game. An increased timer for the mod would increase pie cost and would make it viable to actually "craft" them. If it were made like the "town" buff it would be nice.. Ill poo in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.
Your comments on this are appreciated, as I am not much of a fisher in this game... I simply knew that it was going to be an expensive endeavor which is why I wanted to see if anyone here was selling. I am flexible on price and willing to pay a premium for them. If there is a price that would make it worth your while for time and effort to recover costs and still make some profit, I would be willing to discuss.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Problems... Problems... Problems.. One of the ingredients doesn't stack and its a pain in the butt ingredient to acquire, it can only be gotten at the fish market. All around pain in the butt to make this.. I made 20 with the failure rate. I ate three meh... U can have the rest if you'd like. I don't need any gold.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Problems... Problems... Problems.. One of the ingredients doesn't stack and its a pain in the butt ingredient to acquire, it can only be gotten at the fish market. All around pain in the butt to make this.. I made 20 with the failure rate. I ate three meh... U can have the rest if you'd like. I don't need any gold.
Sure, I would gladly take whatever you are willing to part with.

If there is another ingredient I could help acquire along the way, I would be more than happy to help.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey uhhh Merlin call me a fool many do but i just finally read the thread title. I happen to have recently looted at an idoc around 200 autumn dragonfish steaks. Ill whip u up some pies with them bud... PM me im on.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hey uhhh Merlin call me a fool many do but i just finally read the thread title. I happen to have recently looted at an idoc around 200 autumn dragonfish steaks. Ill whip u up some pies with them bud... PM me im on.
Sir Osis - I edited the title to include Autumn Fish and Holy Mackerel. It wasn't originally in there.

I appreciate any that you could spare!

where do you fish in ilsh to get there fish?
Fish - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

That's best information I have. I will do some research and find out. If anyone else knows... I would appreciate it if they could weigh in.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hell Dude.. U can have em! Im gonna park my useless bard guy there tonight so ill just log in and buy with a gate thrown up. Gtg crap out of the sea market is a pain. One would think that having a boat set up there was the way to go but that place seems to like to delete boats. itll take me a few days to work thru my stock in Autumn dragonfish. ill pm u when im ready for the hand to hand.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i have awesome talismans. I usually dont use the new ones because mine are so good as it is. That lil "crafting protection" thing on the new ones is useful for these pies. My talisman for cooking is a +30 of course normal and new. Im actually using the new ones for these pies because the fish steaks are such a pain in the butt to get. To be honest im not worried about losing the charges for "craft protection" hell i have every skill in the game on multiple accounts. I just whipped up some runed switches to recharge the talisman. Is what it is. Making these is a pain.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Done.. 200 autumn dragonfish pies. let me know when u want to do the hand to hand. To be honest these are difficult to make for even a vet player. make a pvm fisher if you want them on a regular basis. Id be more than happy to whip up the pies if you supply the fishsteaks. Its an all around giant pain in the tookus to make these.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where exactly can you fish for these fish? I might be able to supply the fish

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I recently asked that question here: [Fishing] - Magic Fish Pies

I'm not certain yet, but perhaps the Autumn Dragonfish can be found in any Ilsh water and the Mackerel in any Malas water. Until I'm told otherwise, that's my understanding. The Summer Dragonfish would then be the tough one, as it is in Destard.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am still buying all three of the fish noted in this post. No deal too big or too small! I am willing to take just fish steaks if folks don't have the time/patience for crafting the pies.

Done.. 200 autumn dragonfish pies. let me know when u want to do the hand to hand. To be honest these are difficult to make for even a vet player. make a pvm fisher if you want them on a regular basis. Id be more than happy to whip up the pies if you supply the fishsteaks. Its an all around giant pain in the tookus to make these.
Great! When can we meet up to exchange? Please PM me or let me know :)

In that other thread, someone said "I always got my Autumn Dragonfish on that big lake near Spirituality moongate."

If you could confirm that with you fisher and would like to work out some type of arrangement, please let me know.

Thank you to everyone so far who has responded to this thread or sent me offers in PM. Until I announce I don't need anymore, I am still buying as much as I can get my hands on! Thanks!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've made a few small deals, but still willing to buy more of all three pies noted in this message - Summer Dragonfish, Autumn Dragonfish, Holy Mackerel.

I will also buy the fish steaks if someone is willing to fish them up, but not willing to cook them.

Thank you to those who've already responded and sent me PMs!