• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Looking for thoughts and Information on what appears to be a very rare item (READ)

Samhain

Adventurer
So, I am and always be a hoarder in UO. I quit long ago and have been back a few years now. I have since noticed upon recovering another older account, that the items I kept were indeed garbage. I always did save the junk I guess. But I also always saved craft items as my main characters were crafters. I recently brought stuff to my house and noticed the graphic on an item on my old account didn't seem quite right. So I compared. ( I just HAPPEN to have a bunch of barrel hoops already stored to make kegs). Sure enough, at some point, at some time, the graphic for this item was changed and not deleted or changed. I have an OLD barrel hoop! Leave it to me to keep this kind of stuff over 15 years.... The hopps on the top is the OLD one. The one on the bottom is the exceptionally crafted one. If anyone has EVER seen another, please let me know. I think this is a very neat items myself, but what do I know :)/ 1680194290201.png

Samhain

Adventurer
I was told there is a 'possibility' it was a rare drop from the tinker quest in New Haven. However, this item was in my old recovered account from a long time ago. I am not sure they had New Haven quests then? Perhaps...something to look into maybe. Any thoughts @Pampa DH ?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
That graphic is still in use - just came across it in a building in New Haven. There is actually both versions right next to each other.

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I am and always be a hoarder in UO. I quit long ago and have been back a few years now. I have since noticed upon recovering another older account, that the items I kept were indeed garbage. I always did save the junk I guess. But I also always saved craft items as my main characters were crafters. I recently brought stuff to my house and noticed the graphic on an item on my old account didn't seem quite right. So I compared. ( I just HAPPEN to have a bunch of barrel hoops already stored to make kegs). Sure enough, at some point, at some time, the graphic for this item was changed and not deleted or changed. I have an OLD barrel hoop! Leave it to me to keep this kind of stuff over 15 years.... The hopps on the top is the OLD one. The one on the bottom is the exceptionally crafted one. If anyone has EVER seen another, please let me know. I think this is a very neat items myself, but what do I know :)/ View attachment 141937
I have a bunch of them from quests. Pretty sure it was a quest BEFORE New Haven.

Samhain

Adventurer
That graphic is still in use - just came across it in a building in New Haven. There is actually both versions right next to each other.
Makes sense as to why the 'old' or 'alternate' version was never automatically deleted or changed then. Still, everything points to it being an old item, still not certain of it's origin though. The search for the truth continues! haha.