• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some tips.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone, Ive been working on this suit for a bit and I was looking for some tips.
My Goals:
Suit must be POF'able meaning No Brittle/Antique. (This is for a warrior who sees a LOT of combat.)
Suit must be interchangeable between Sampire and Non-Sampire. (I run 3-4 different chars in the same suit.)

Ok so beyond that I am just looking for the most effective suit possible. My end goal is to run 75/75/75/75/75 with this suit and interchange it between my Sampires/Bushido Paladins/Etc.

My main character running this suit is :
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Swords
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry

Ok, so having digested all that information, where can I improve. What pieces am I wearing that I should toss, what kind of pieces should I be on the look out for? What would you do if this was your char/suit?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Do you mostly keep Divine Fury up, I notice that you're low on HCI and DI...

Seems like you're overkilled on the Stam/SSI then. I suspect you have mana issues given that you a) only have 36 LMC, and B) are giving up a lot of damage by not having 100 DI, IE you can't AI on every swing? Unless you often run a bard with provo masteries in support... which I guess solves all those problems.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think you've got a lot of wasted skill points on the template.

I also think you could Imbue a better suit calculated properly, as the one you have is over in a lot of things you don't need, and under in a lot of things you do.

It also appears you're heavily reliant on HLL yet aren't swinging at the cap. I imagine casters/breath attacks and most things with new attacks cause a lot of problems.

Your stat bar resists also don't seem to match up with your spreadsheet, you appear to be running Reactive Armor.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Why isn't he swinging at the cap?
Bladed Staff = 3.0s, he's got 180 stam = 1.5 reduction, plus 35 SSI means he should swing at 1.25 all the way down to 120 stam.
Double Axe = 3.25... should be fine down to 150 stam, which given that this is a WW/DS weapon should rarely be an issue.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also think you could Imbue a better suit calculated properly, as the one you have is over in a lot of things you don't need, and under in a lot of things you do.
I totally agree here. I know the OP says he wants a POF'able suit (don't we all?) but with imbuing / reforging you could make something far better in my opinion.

I found it easy to make a sampire suit that hits all the important caps. I have 100 damage increase, 45 hci, 45 dci, 150 dex and 150 strength (un-potted) max swing speed with longswords or bladed staffs. 140 Hit points, 191 stamina and 60-70 mana and of course 55lmc.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The more I've been pondering this, the more I agree that swapping out 1 or two pieces for something that is imbued might help quite a bit... For instance, swap out that gorgot, and use a reforged and imbued piece in there.

In truth though, where you can improve is really just some small areas.

I'd keep an eye out for a gorgot that had less resists, but more stats. Your gorgot is using 4 properties for resists, when you only need it to have cold reasonably high. In theory you can find maybe even a lesser arty gorgot that has more useful stats on it... but maybe not.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do you mostly keep Divine Fury up, I notice that you're low on HCI and DI...

Seems like you're overkilled on the Stam/SSI then. I suspect you have mana issues given that you a) only have 36 LMC, and B) are giving up a lot of damage by not having 100 DI, IE you can't AI on every swing? Unless you often run a bard with provo masteries in support... which I guess solves all those problems.
I do tend to keep Divine Fury up thus the 120 chiv/25k karma mark. Thus I am also HCI Capped and I meet the DI cap through 120 tactics/anat/slayer weapons /eoo/divine fury, so I tend not to put much stock in raising that at the cost of an imbued/brittle peice.

You can never over-commit to stamina the cushion makes sure I stay at swing speed cap between my weapons even if I take a few large hits.
If you look at my suit I have 36 lmc if you calc in the fact its all studded and you look at the character status window you will notice it is 51. So long as I hit for ~50 I maintain full mana.
(lmc works on a 5pt scale, if I am not going to commit to hitting 40 on my suit and maintaining full studded this is the highest useful point I can get to.)

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you've got a lot of wasted skill points on the template.

It also appears you're heavily reliant on HLL yet aren't swinging at the cap. I imagine casters/breath attacks and most things with new attacks cause a lot of problems.

Your stat bar resists also don't seem to match up with your spreadsheet, you appear to be running Reactive Armor.
I would love to hear where you feel I am wasting skillpoints, but before that lets address the rest.

Sure I can imbue a better suit, thats not the question nor the goal, for that matter I could use legendary brittle artifacts....

I am at the swing cap for my weapons and I regularly solo travesty, paroxymous, riktor, medusa, and the like.

The stats bar does not match up with the suit stats because you did not read the entirety of the text. (I am not running reactive armor. My max resists have been raised [on a goal of 75/75/75/75/75] which also has the effect of lowering the dci cap. beyond that the invisable bonus's of lmc from studded armor)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Why isn't he swinging at the cap?
Bladed Staff = 3.0s, he's got 180 stam = 1.5 reduction, plus 35 SSI means he should swing at 1.25 all the way down to 120 stam.
Double Axe = 3.25... should be fine down to 150 stam, which given that this is a WW/DS weapon should rarely be an issue.
Again, spreadsheet doesn't match up with the stat bar. It says he has 20 SSI. But even so such reliance on HLL is a bad thing imo.

I think the armor from loot is interesting but (& I say this so many places) just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I totally agree here. I know the OP says he wants a POF'able suit (don't we all?) but with imbuing / reforging you could make something far better in my opinion.

I found it easy to make a sampire suit that hits all the important caps. I have 100 damage increase, 45 hci, 45 dci, 150 dex and 150 strength (un-potted) max swing speed with longswords or bladed staffs. 140 Hit points, 191 stamina and 60-70 mana and of course 55lmc.
Its very easy to make an imbued suit. I agree. Wheres the challenge?

As far as caps go, 100 di wasted, due to 300% cap reached, beyond that 25 no weapon 65 with weapon...
45hci I would like to hit Im working on better jewels (ie 20hci/10ssi/5stm)
dci its almost impossible to not hit the 20cap my suit will be limited to from being 75 cap resists.
150 dex check
150 str working on it, looking for advice.
max swing speed check
141 hp check (150 when I hit 150 str)
192 stam check
60-70 mana check
51lmc check.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The more I've been pondering this, the more I agree that swapping out 1 or two pieces for something that is imbued might help quite a bit... For instance, swap out that gorgot, and use a reforged and imbued piece in there.

In truth though, where you can improve is really just some small areas.

I'd keep an eye out for a gorgot that had less resists, but more stats. Your gorgot is using 4 properties for resists, when you only need it to have cold reasonably high. In theory you can find maybe even a lesser arty gorgot that has more useful stats on it... but maybe not.
Nice love it, ill look into swapping that piece out then, this is exactly what I was looking for advice-wise, I tend to become blind after I have used a piece for awhile as to replacing it.

Also it was mentioned by someone that I may be wasting some skill-points, any thoughts on that?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would love to hear where you feel I am wasting skillpoints, but before that lets address the rest.

Sure I can imbue a better suit, thats not the question nor the goal, for that matter I could use legendary brittle artifacts....

I am at the swing cap for my weapons and I regularly solo travesty, paroxymous, riktor, medusa, and the like.

The stats bar does not match up with the suit stats because you did not read the entirety of the text. (I am not running reactive armor. My max resists have been raised [on a goal of 75/75/75/75/75] which also has the effect of lowering the dci cap. beyond that the invisable bonus's of lmc from studded armor)
Chivalry.

You asked where can you improve...

There was no mention of running Divine Fury. Therefore not obvious that you would be running at the cap. Still not something I'd want to HAVE to use.

You also asked what we'd do if it were our char/suit...

The things you solo all non high damage casters, non breath, which is pretty much what I said.

I did read it.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Again, spreadsheet doesn't match up with the stat bar. It says he has 20 SSI. But even so such reliance on HLL is a bad thing imo.

I think the armor from loot is interesting but (& I say this so many places) just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
The 20 ssi is accurate I'm not sure where he came up with 35, but I am capped above swing speed on the double axe at 180(12pt cushion for dmg) and the bladed staff at 150(42 pt cushion)

As far as just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Its a pretty solid suit already, with a perfect imbue job only being VERY marginally better...
That all in all has cost me probably less then an imbued suit.
Will last me forever when finished.
Brings a new challenge to the game, ie gives me something to do and focus on.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Chivalry.

You asked where can you improve...

There was no mention of running Divine Fury. Therefore not obvious that you would be running at the cap. Still not something I'd want to HAVE to use.

You also asked what we'd do if it were our char/suit...

The things you solo all non high damage casters, non breath, which is pretty much what I said.

I did read it.
What would you suggest I do with the chivalry? 80 then points into?

Ok don't like that batch? Ancient wyrm, Greater Dragons, Paragon Balrons, yada yada yada, ive not run into much that gives me issues, unless it is non-leachable

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
100 DI is also seperate from the 300 cap you get from skills, forms/slayers/spells.
Ill look into that, I have another ring/brace combo I can switch into that would put me at 90 with weapon at the cost of nightsight and 6 stam.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I do tend to keep Divine Fury up thus the 120 chiv/25k karma mark. Thus I am also HCI Capped and I meet the DI cap through 120 tactics/anat/slayer weapons /eoo/divine fury, so I tend not to put much stock in raising that at the cost of an imbued/brittle peice.

You can never over-commit to stamina the cushion makes sure I stay at swing speed cap between my weapons even if I take a few large hits.
If you look at my suit I have 36 lmc if you calc in the fact its all studded and you look at the character status window you will notice it is 51. So long as I hit for ~50 I maintain full mana.
(lmc works on a 5pt scale, if I am not going to commit to hitting 40 on my suit and maintaining full studded this is the highest useful point I can get to.)
First, I agree on the LMC. Which I, at some point, guess I had typed up in a reply and then removed.

Second, I think you're mixing up Damage Increase (which is str, tact, anat, items, DF, bard songs, lumberjack for axes) and is UNCAPPED, except by maxxing everything out, and Damage Modifier (EoO, bushido, slayer, consecrate, quivers for archery) which is capped at 300%.

Quite simply, if you don't have your DI from items/spells capped, you aren't at the DI cap, and therefore aren't at the overall damage cap. Unless I'm misreading something, even with DF, you're normally at only 85 DI showing in your stat window, right? I run 120 chiv, and try to stay above 20k karma, and I get 20% DI from DF. Is 25K better than 20k? What do you kill that takes you to 25k?

Do you swap anat for resist to kill necro casters?

As for thoughts on wasted skill, I don't see it. I'm not really where having 30, or even 60, skills on your jewelry would go that really helps you out, unless you were going to carry a 2nd set of jewelry to let you boost that skill as needed.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As far as reliance on HLL being a bad thing, its just the same as vamp form, but I don't have to carry the necro skill, seems beneficial to me.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ok. I mean that in terms of Legendary Artifacts (or whatever they are), with the exception of stat increase (which is admittedly very useful - I'm taken to having 150 HP on every char), they're not usually a great combination. Like the pieces you have there, your resists are well over what you need anyway, and all they really have other than that are stam and mana that's of any use (and they're not even over in those), the rest SR and negative luck... just seems like, why use them?

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First, I agree on the LMC. Which I, at some point, guess I had typed up in a reply and then removed.

Second, I think you're mixing up Damage Increase (which is str, tact, anat, items, DF, bard songs, lumberjack for axes) and is UNCAPPED, except by maxxing everything out, and Damage Modifier (EoO, bushido, slayer, consecrate, quivers for archery) which is capped at 300%.

Quite simply, if you don't have your DI from items/spells capped, you aren't at the DI cap, and therefore aren't at the overall damage cap. Unless I'm misreading something, even with DF, you're normally at only 70 DI showing in your stat window, right? I run 120 chiv, and try to stay above 20k karma, and I get 20% DI from DF. Is 25K better than 20k? What do you kill that takes you to 25k?

Do you swap anat for resist to kill necro casters?

As for thoughts on wasted skill, I don't see it. I'm not really where having 30, or even 60, skills on your jewelry would go that really helps you out, unless you were going to carry a 2nd set of jewelry to let you boost that skill as needed.
Thats my thoughts on the skill issue, 40 pts out of chiv is the only real thing I could change, and with nowhere useful to put it, it seems better just to keep the capped out divine fury.

I don't fight a lot of necro casters, but I do keep 120 resist stoned, for when I do. I ran doom gauntlet 8 rotations the other night without it only died once to oath on the df, so its not something I normally switch to.

I think I was mixing up the di with the dmg modifier cap, ill switch out my jewels bringing myself up to 90 di with weapon at the cost of 6 stam until I find some better jewels.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The 20 ssi is accurate I'm not sure where he came up with 35, but I am capped above swing speed on the double axe at 180(12pt cushion for dmg) and the bladed staff at 150(42 pt cushion)

As far as just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Its a pretty solid suit already, with a perfect imbue job only being VERY marginally better...
That all in all has cost me probably less then an imbued suit.
Will last me forever when finished.
Brings a new challenge to the game, ie gives me something to do and focus on.

20 on the suit, +15 from Divine Fury, going from 20 to 35 gives you an extra 30 stamina cushion.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok. I mean that in terms of Legendary Artifacts (or whatever they are), with the exception of stat increase (which is admittedly very useful - I'm taken to having 150 HP on every char), they're not usually a great combination. Like the pieces you have there, your resists are well over what you need anyway, and all they really have other than that are stam and mana that's of any use (and they're not even over in those), the rest SR and negative luck... just seems like, why use them?
I agree 150 hp is great, just need those 9 points in str to hit it. the sr's I think mainly come from my 2 reforged peices, and the neg luck were pre-patch 88 pieces (neg luck gave your items stat boosts at the time) ie true shame pieces.

If you could call out any 1 piece to replace which would it be? Tuan mentioned my gorget ill look into replacing for more stats-wise.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
20 on the suit, +15 from Divine Fury, going from 20 to 35 gives you an extra 30 stamina cushion.
gotcha, normally dont think of it as a ssi cushion but your right. normally used it for the bonus dmg.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok guys im off to work, but keep the discussion going even if its advice I shoot straight down it may be beneficial to someone else. I know you have me looking my suit over more now, and looking at changes. :D

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What would you suggest I do with the chivalry?
I don't know how/what reliance you currently have on it, and it seems some changes were made to it that I don't know about, but personally I'm running 50 with no problem.

I don't fight a lot of necro casters, but I do keep 120 resist stoned, for when I do. I ran doom gauntlet 8 rotations the other night without it only died once to oath on the df, so its not something I normally switch to.
If you've made the character to only fight specific monsters then it's a non issue if it's working for that purpose.

But... there's newish monsters that: have high spell damage and subsequently do lots of curses and mana drain plus ignore the old casting rules of 2 at a time, Necros, Mystics, things that use bard skills and cacophony (-60 SSI), things that have overly high resists/no slayers. If you're dependant on HLL most of those things are going to cause you problems.

If you're not fighting any of that stuff then it's no problem, though to me it's limiting to have a character setup that way (which doesn't mean I don't also lol)

How often do you need to cast a Chivalry spell if you weren't relying on Divine Fury? Thinking 70 Healing, Weaving, LJ...

If you could call out any 1 piece to replace which would it be?
Neck or Chest, though I'd also say you could change the Despicable Quiver for a 5 SSI cloak, and drastically improve the jewelry. Much easier to find pieces with 5 SSI and more than 15 HCI/DI.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
As far as reliance on HLL being a bad thing, its just the same as vamp form, but I don't have to carry the necro skill, seems beneficial to me.
Actually, that's not quite right. 100 HLL != Vamp form.

Vamp form is a guaranteed 20% leeched.

HLL is a random number between 0 and (HLL% * .3 * damage done). It seems to be fairly well geometrically distributed... meaning that 0 has the same probability as the maximum.

I've been doing some testing recently with switching over to 100 HLL weapons vs vamp form. I can absolutely say that I have observed this to be the case. I've definitely observed myself doing 200+ damage on a double strike, and leech only 2 or 3 HP. With vamp form I would have leeched 40+.

HLL vs Vamp form has already lead me to a few "RNG Deaths" that I am quite certain would not have happened were I in Vamp form.

HML works the exact same as HLL in this respect.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd keep the 120 chivalry, even dropping it to 50, 70 points won't make healing or resisting spells or whatever worth it.

Also personally I prefer the 100% life leech, having 120 bushido and 120 parry lets evasion do its magic and when that's up I survive way better than I did with less damage, less parry chance, but guaranteed leech.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't know how/what reliance you currently have on it, and it seems some changes were made to it that I don't know about, but personally I'm running 50 with no problem.

If you've made the character to only fight specific monsters then it's a non issue if it's working for that purpose.

But... there's newish monsters that: have high spell damage and subsequently do lots of curses and mana drain plus ignore the old casting rules of 2 at a time, Necros, Mystics, things that use bard skills and cacophony (-60 SSI), things that have overly high resists/no slayers. If you're dependant on HLL most of those things are going to cause you problems.

If you're not fighting any of that stuff then it's no problem, though to me it's limiting to have a character setup that way (which doesn't mean I don't also lol)

How often do you need to cast a Chivalry spell if you weren't relying on Divine Fury? Thinking 70 Healing, Weaving, LJ...

Neck or Chest, though I'd also say you could change the Despicable Quiver for a 5 SSI cloak, and drastically improve the jewelry. Much easier to find pieces with 5 SSI and more than 15 HCI/DI.
With 50 chiv EEO would supply a bonus dmg of what 40%? last 1 minute max? Honest question never run it that low.

The only mobs I can't fight are leechless mobs atm. ie Scalis, Exodus, The Executioner, etc. Not many of those in game. Were talking literally maybe 10 mobs in game I shouldn't be able to solo. I do have issues with the bard from blackthorn dungeon but I do solo the rest of the mobs there. Necro's can 1 shot me with a blood oath, but I do keep 120 resist stoned for when I am doing them, so they are a non-issue (switch out with anatomy).

By the same logic, never play a bard because travesty will kill you, or never play a archer because paroxymous will erase your space and tp you to him.

If I am not running divine fury, I would use chiv for EOO, Consecrate, and sacred journey. Consecrate works wonders on mobs where their resist is 50 or lower, you run concecrate double strike, will double your dps over armor ignore. Advantages to high level chiv, your consecrate does more dmg of the element they are weak to vs otherwise. your consecrate lasts more then 3 seconds, etc.

I can't recall which one, but I believe either Corwin, or Duncan have an excellent workup on why 120 chiv is an overall better choice. I will look into and do some math on LJ over the bonus chiv though.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actually, that's not quite right. 100 HLL != Vamp form.

Vamp form is a guaranteed 20% leeched.

HLL is a random number between 0 and (HLL% * .3 * damage done). It seems to be fairly well geometrically distributed... meaning that 0 has the same probability as the maximum.

I've been doing some testing recently with switching over to 100 HLL weapons vs vamp form. I can absolutely say that I have observed this to be the case. I've definitely observed myself doing 200+ damage on a double strike, and leech only 2 or 3 HP. With vamp form I would have leeched 40+.

HLL vs Vamp form has already lead me to a few "RNG Deaths" that I am quite certain would not have happened were I in Vamp form.

HML works the exact same as HLL in this respect.
Your exactly right, it is not a guaranteed leech and I have seen it cost me 1-2 times over the last 4-5 months. That being said it has cost me 1-2 times over 4-5 months. Not running necro has increased my dmg, which has cut my kill time down on several mobs, increased my loot table, generated more gold, and probably saved me (more dmg higher chance for higher leach) from death more then it has cost me. Granted, I could be using vamp form + a lower hll.
Duncan and Corwin have done some testing on HLL vs Vamp form, and found it worked as well as vamp form when your dealing a decent amount of dmg, my build being actually based of Duncan's Bushido Paladin.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd keep the 120 chivalry, even dropping it to 50, 70 points won't make healing or resisting spells or whatever worth it.

Also personally I prefer the 100% life leech, having 120 bushido and 120 parry lets evasion do its magic and when that's up I survive way better than I did with less damage, less parry chance, but guaranteed leech.
Yeah with my DCI cap already being dropped to 20% from the 75 all resists. I feel without 120/120 I would be suffering making the bonus 5 resists not worthwhile.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On a special note, (Will have to balance out the suit again) I think I found a new gorget!

With this addition I am thinking the gloves will be the next piece to be replaced, as I no longer need the 7 hpi on them. Or I might still try to replace the chest.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The gorgot you currently wear has 7 properties. 4 resists, MI, SI, LMC, meaning you have 4 useful properties (cold resist, + ML SI LMC).
The one above has 7 properties. 3 resists, HPI, SI, EP, LMC, Mage Armor, meaning you have ... sadly 3 useful properties (cold, HPI, SI, LMC).

By switching to this gorgot, you lose the chance to have 75 cold resist (I wouldn't care, but you have it as an explicitly stated goal). You'll need to remove the mage armor, or you don't get the stamina protection of it being metal or the extra LMC bump. So in this case you'll lose 2% LMC, taking you down to 49 - which I think is effectively equal to 50 with respect to weapon specials, but I'm not sure.

In effect though, you're trading 8 mana for 5 HP. Given that you could just pop a greater STR potion now to get those 5 HP... I'm not sure that's worth it. Given that there's no "greater int" potion.

Unless you're going to retool other pieces of armor too... but that seems like a lot of work for something that's not really appreciably better than what you're wearing.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
With 50 chiv EEO would supply a bonus dmg of what 40%? last 1 minute max? Honest question never run it that low.

The only mobs I can't fight are leechless mobs atm. ie Scalis, Exodus, The Executioner, etc. Not many of those in game. Were talking literally maybe 10 mobs in game I shouldn't be able to solo. I do have issues with the bard from blackthorn dungeon but I do solo the rest of the mobs there. Necro's can 1 shot me with a blood oath, but I do keep 120 resist stoned for when I am doing them, so they are a non-issue (switch out with anatomy).

By the same logic, never play a bard because travesty will kill you, or never play a archer because paroxymous will erase your space and tp you to him.

If I am not running divine fury, I would use chiv for EOO, Consecrate, and sacred journey. Consecrate works wonders on mobs where their resist is 50 or lower, you run concecrate double strike, will double your dps over armor ignore. Advantages to high level chiv, your consecrate does more dmg of the element they are weak to vs otherwise. your consecrate lasts more then 3 seconds, etc.

I can't recall which one, but I believe either Corwin, or Duncan have an excellent workup on why 120 chiv is an overall better choice. I will look into and do some math on LJ over the bonus chiv though.
EOO does 50% (doesn't it always?). On a character with 10k karma duration 169 seconds, on a character with 15k karma duration 169 seconds, on a character with 0 karma and 120 Chiv the duration was 189 seconds. Are you saying that at 120 Chiv and whatever karma you're getting more than 50%? And a hugely longer duration?

To be honest that is the logic you're using. You've said "I don't have a problem with Necros because I don't fight them."

Can you link to the publish that you're getting these Chivalry game mechanic changes from?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I've seen on UOGuilde (though again publish notes would be preferred), that EOO can apparently do 82%... however, as that's all part of the 300 you'd be reaching anyway with a Super Slayer, or regular slayer plus Perfection, as opposed to EOO doing 50% with minimal Chivalry... Still seems an odd choice to go for that extra 32% on SOME monsters (most it won't be used) at a cost of 70 or so skill points, considering you also chose to have 75% less DI on the suit equipped, which would apply to all monsters in addition to the 300.

The Consecrate changes I've seen patch notes for don't match up with UO guide or what happens in game. So don't know on that one. I'm sure I'd read it now does Chaos damage.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
EoO definitely does add more damage modifier the higher you go in Chiv.

Consecrate definitely adds more damage modifier the higher you go in Chiv.

I agree, though, that this is mostly only useful on things without a slayer, which is not actually that many things - although some of them it's a real bummer, like the masters in BT.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The gorgot you currently wear has 7 properties. 4 resists, MI, SI, LMC, meaning you have 4 useful properties (cold resist, + ML SI LMC).
The one above has 7 properties. 3 resists, HPI, SI, EP, LMC, Mage Armor, meaning you have ... sadly 3 useful properties (cold, HPI, SI, LMC).

By switching to this gorgot, you lose the chance to have 75 cold resist (I wouldn't care, but you have it as an explicitly stated goal). You'll need to remove the mage armor, or you don't get the stamina protection of it being metal or the extra LMC bump. So in this case you'll lose 2% LMC, taking you down to 49 - which I think is effectively equal to 50 with respect to weapon specials, but I'm not sure.

In effect though, you're trading 8 mana for 5 HP. Given that you could just pop a greater STR potion now to get those 5 HP... I'm not sure that's worth it. Given that there's no "greater int" potion.

Unless you're going to retool other pieces of armor too... but that seems like a lot of work for something that's not really appreciably better than what you're wearing.
The point of this gorget, is removing removing useless mods (casting focus neg luck reflect phys) and opening opportunity to replace other pieces. namely the gloves. My gloves while nice in that they hit a large spread, can easily be replaced.

The mage armor will be removed from the 'new' gorget effectively putting me at 49, where I can equip Rangers Cloak for 50, so no change there and it allows me to play with my jewels. Ill have to make up my fire resists somewhere else for my sampire char's (probably replacing one of the reforges). So for my gloves im now looking for a caster set(as I don't need the stam on that 1 piece int,mana,lmc, resists is not a stretch to find.

I said I would have to balance the suit before I used the new gorget (its off server atm anyway), but that is life. If I change ANY piece of a suit like this, (ie not cookie cutter imbued yada yada) then im going to have to make a change somewhere else...

Remember pre-imbueing? Shopping for gear all the time or burning through hundreds of b-kits? It's essentially the same...

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
EOO does 50% (doesn't it always?). On a character with 10k karma duration 169 seconds, on a character with 15k karma duration 169 seconds, on a character with 0 karma and 120 Chiv the duration was 189 seconds. Are you saying that at 120 Chiv and whatever karma you're getting more than 50%? And a hugely longer duration?

To be honest that is the logic you're using. You've said "I don't have a problem with Necros because I don't fight them."

Can you link to the publish that you're getting these Chivalry game mechanic changes from?
I think what I said was, I don't fight them often and when I do I use Magic Resist.

Im low karma atm so its hard to get an accurate read on the times, but:
226 second EOO 82%dmg bonus
12 second CW 100% Proc 15% dmg bonus

Im still looking into LJ over Chiv for that bonus dmg, but I have a few questions.
Does it factor in to the 100%di cap?
Does it factor into the 300% Dmg Inc cap?

No I can't link to the publish, sorry but I can put in some imgs... Note times are off as im currently doing this on my laptop trackpad.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I agree, though, that this is mostly only useful on things without a slayer, which is not actually that many things - although some of them it's a real bummer, like the masters in BT.
I've been told they don't. But I'm not sure I agree. There's something odd going on with them down there. If I use an Undead Scrapper's I can quite often hit 200, 300, some even 400+. The same captain then gets a Rising Colossus on it and gets Purge cast on it, and my damage is now down to 100+. At first I thought it was just the Sampires, but noticed it on all of them. Also noticed a Sampire recasting Vamp Form and the damage going back up. Also had Fey Slayer book work too.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
EoO definitely does add more damage modifier the higher you go in Chiv.

Consecrate definitely adds more damage modifier the higher you go in Chiv.

Or things we don't have a slayer for. Think anything Fey. So essentially none of the classic Peerless have a slayer, that exists, or that we can imbue onto a weapon.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've been told they don't. But I'm not sure I agree. There's something odd going on with them down there. If I use an Undead Scrapper's I can quite often hit 200, 300, some even 400+. The same captain then gets a Rising Colossus on it and gets Purge cast on it, and my damage is now down to 100+. At first I thought it was just the Sampires, but noticed it on all of them. Also noticed a Sampire recasting Vamp Form and the damage going back up. Also had Fey Slayer book work too.
Ill give that a try next time i'm down there.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think what I said was, I don't fight them often and when I do I use Magic Resist.

Im low karma atm so its hard to get an accurate read on the times, but:
226 second EOO 82%dmg bonus
12 second CW 100% Proc 15% dmg bonus

Im still looking into LJ over Chiv for that bonus dmg, but I have a few questions.
Does it factor in to the 100%di cap?
Does it factor into the 300% Dmg Inc cap?

No I can't link to the publish, sorry but I can put in some imgs... Note times are off as im currently doing this on my laptop trackpad.

LJ would factor in as skill based, the same as Tactics and Anatomy and wouldn't be part of either cap.

The reason I ask about a publish note, is because I played from 2001-2011, and came back in November I think. When I did I read through the (disappointingly few) publishes that had occurred since I'd been away, the only thing about Chivalry I recall seeing was that it was now 100% Chaos damage, which I took to mean it's nerfed, however, testing it in game it didn't seem to be functioning like that to me either, so I still don't know on that one. Proc chance 100% meaning every hit property is 100%? So does that mean if you run a PvPer with 5 Splintering, 10 Fireball on a weapon you can use Consecrate and have 100% in both? (Obviously I doubt that's likely, just using it to ask the question.)

Apart from some sporadically useful damage (compared to permanently useful damage) all I'm really seeing is a slight duration boost. Plus with the effort you seem to be going to with some of the setup making 100% elemental weapons wouldn't seem like the end of the world, plus a few suit changes and that would seem to negate all of the use of Chivalry, oh with the exception of Sacred Journey and Remove Curse, but even those Recall scrolls and apples. You could leave Resist on permanently lol.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Or things we don't have a slayer for. Think anything Fey. So essentially none of the classic Peerless have a slayer, that exists, or that we can imbue onto a weapon.
We have Fey slayers. Mel is Fey, not sure about DH, thought there was a way of making Travesty Undead too.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
LJ would factor in as skill based, the same as Tactics and Anatomy and wouldn't be part of either cap.

The reason I ask about a publish note, is because I played from 2001-2011, and came back in November I think. When I did I read through the (disappointingly few) publishes that had occurred since I'd been away, the only thing about Chivalry I recall seeing was that it was now 100% Chaos damage, which I took to mean it's nerfed, however, testing it in game it didn't seem to be functioning like that to me either, so I still don't know on that one. Proc chance 100% meaning every hit property is 100%? So does that mean if you run a PvPer with 5 Splintering, 10 Fireball on a weapon you can use Consecrate and have 100% in both? (Obviously I doubt that's likely, just using it to ask the question.)

Apart from some sporadically useful damage (compared to permanently useful damage) all I'm really seeing is a slight duration boost. Plus with the effort you seem to be going to with some of the setup making 100% elemental weapons wouldn't seem like the end of the world, plus a few suit changes and that would seem to negate all of the use of Chivalry, oh with the exception of Sacred Journey and Remove Curse, but even those Recall scrolls and apples. You could leave Resist on permanently lol.
I believe what it does now, which is why it is confused with chaos dmg occasionally, is that it has a chance of hitting (or proccing) as the dmg type your opponent is weakest to. At lower levels with lower proc's it would appear as if it were chaos dmg ie only hitting the weakest element on occasion. I dont think this has to do with procing other effects from your weaponry.

The process to make a 100% Elemental 100% HLL Weapon is VAST. I am thinking I might drop the chivalry to 50 and run 70 LJ. I am still undecided though ill be thinking about it for the next week or two and make a decision on how often I really use it to a useful effect.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We have Fey slayers. Mel is Fey, not sure about DH, thought there was a way of making Travesty Undead too.
We have non-craftable Fey Slayers. I cannot craft a Bladed Staff or Double Axe with Fey Slayer. So it is not a possibility to effectively add to my arsenal.

I think they fixed the Necro-form / Conjurer's trinket tricks on Travesty but I could be mistaken.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_71

Found the publish it was 71. Along with an old Stratics thread where people were stopping at 84 or 85 Chivalry for some (unclear to me) reason.

Though it does also seem that I may not be getting 50% from EoO as it shows that without hitting things apparently., Haven't checked, just got in from work too tired to care at the moment lol.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
84 or 85 is the minimum for 100% weakest damage proc on consecrate weapon, and 50% DI on Enemy of One, I think. I just raised it to 120 for the extra DI on things I don't have a slayer for and/or things I can't honor when in a group, plus the extra benefits with Divine Fury.

Also I think dropping parry for LJ is the preferred method with this setup but I'm not sure.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so having digested all that information, where can I improve. What pieces am I wearing that I should toss, what kind of pieces should I be on the look out for? What would you do if this was your char/suit?
Your suit looks great but I'd replace Body or Hands or both.
And also I'd add one Double Axe with 100% elemental damage (for monsters with mana drain and high physical resist) and another one without HLL (for monster with tainted aura).
If you are going to fight Travesty and/or Melisandre you need a special weapon for each of them.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Its very easy to make an imbued suit. I agree. Wheres the challenge?

As far as caps go, 100 di wasted, due to 300% cap reached, beyond that 25 no weapon 65 with weapon...
100 di is never wasted. it doesn't concern to the 300% cap