• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Looking for some temple advice

Ning

Journeyman
I'm not a huge fan of revamping my templates but I'm interested in tweaking my mage and namesake, Ningauble, a bit.

Currently I'm at 110/110 mage eval, GM wrestling, resist, med, and.... fishing with like mid-90's healing just because I had nothing better at the time to do with the points and the small heals were a convenience. The fishing is going to stay because I'm too lazy to make a new fisher, and being Ningauble the Fishin' Magician has been my schtick for 20+ years. He was always my go-to mage for everything from PvM to PvP over the years and is probably my favorite character.

There must be a better use for the points in healing that will compliment the template better. The 6-120's route is out because scrolls are hard to come by on Sonoma and I'm also not fond of the item dependent partial skill builds. I'd prefer something I can just GM and be done.

Any advice and ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not a huge fan of revamping my templates but I'm interested in tweaking my mage and namesake, Ningauble, a bit.

Currently I'm at 110/110 mage eval, GM wrestling, resist, med, and.... fishing with like mid-90's healing just because I had nothing better at the time to do with the points and the small heals were a convenience. The fishing is going to stay because I'm too lazy to make a new fisher, and being Ningauble the Fishin' Magician has been my schtick for 20+ years. He was always my go-to mage for everything from PvM to PvP over the years and is probably my favorite character.

There must be a better use for the points in healing that will compliment the template better. The 6-120's route is out because scrolls are hard to come by on Sonoma and I'm also not fond of the item dependent partial skill builds. I'd prefer something I can just GM and be done.

Any advice and ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.
To maximize dmg of of course youd want the 120s. Until then I'd put sw in because it doesn't require a secondary skill (just an arcane focus). Very powerful. I'm hoping you know to get as much sdi as possible, you will notice a huge difference between let's say 10 sdi and 100 sdi. I shoot for 140+ on my pvm mages.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Ning

Journeyman
Thank you. I'm not familiar with the other magic schools at all. I've been working on adding SDI however I can.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you. I'm not familiar with the other magic schools at all. I've been working on adding SDI however I can.
Or toss wrestle and heal for necro/ss or myst/focus. Both awesome, I have a soft spot for my necros so I'm biased but myst mage is excellent too. Summon colossus is awesome for a tank.

Ning

Journeyman
I had considered the necromage route but didn't have the space for SS. I looked into SW after you mentioned it and it looks interesting. I'm not certain I want to drop the wrestling, he's my only toon with it and I get into trouble using soulstones (currently retraining tactics on toon due to an oops) so I'd rather stay away from them. LoL Per your advice I've been researching ways to get more SDI on my suit, but much like with scrolls, there isn't much on the local market to buy. Though I did pick up some Cuffs of the Archmage earlier.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had considered the necromage route but didn't have the space for SS. I looked into SW after you mentioned it and it looks interesting. I'm not certain I want to drop the wrestling, he's my only toon with it and I get into trouble using soulstones (currently retraining tactics on toon due to an oops) so I'd rather stay away from them. LoL Per your advice I've been researching ways to get more SDI on my suit, but much like with scrolls, there isn't much on the local market to buy. Though I did pick up some Cuffs of the Archmage earlier.
Yeah I'm on atl so it's easier to build. Theres a list here somewhere of every slots max sdi item. Some are easier than others to get.

Edit: uoguide has a fairly recent list Spell Damage Increase - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only kind of mage build that I see wrestling being useful for is pvp. Something like a parry mage.

Ning

Journeyman
Well I guess you have a point Cork. And that puts necromage on the table. Chris, thank you so much for that list! I managed to boost my SDI to an even 100% thanks to some lucky shopping and a 32% spellbook I picked up at an IDOC last week. It makes a huge difference. You guys are great. Thank you

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I guess you have a point Cork. And that puts necromage on the table. Chris, thank you so much for that list! I managed to boost my SDI to an even 100% thanks to some lucky shopping and a 32% spellbook I picked up at an IDOC last week. It makes a huge difference. You guys are great. Thank you
Really can't go wrong with a nice necromage or mystic mage these days. Glad to get another mage interested with all these sampires and tamers everywhere :) although a necromage tamer is probably my favorite char to play overall.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My main is Magery, Eval, Mysticism, Focus, Spellweaving, Meditation, Resist Spells.

I have a necro nox mage that has Magery, Eval, Necromancy, Spirit Speak, Spellweaving, Meditation, Poisoning.

I have a disco mage that has Magery, Eval, Musicianship, Discordance, Spellweaving, Meditation, Focus.

My tamer mage has Magery, Eval, Animal Taming, Animal Lore, Vetinary, Spellweaving, Meditation.

I have a bard mage that has Magery, Eval, Musicianship, Peacmaking, Provocation, Meditation, Focus.

Lots you can do with mages. Happy to give additional details if you need other suggestions.