• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some template advice with regard to vet.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Llewen is mage/tamer. He uses magery a lot, so the more meditation he has, the better. Mana management is an issue with him. He currently has 8 mana regen, and 37 meditation. His vetrinary is 110.

Someone suggested that I lower my vet skill and raise my meditation skill. How much of a difference will I notice in vet healing between 110 vet and 100? I can handle more failures at pet rezzes, and I can deal with one less stable slot, but I don't want to make the change if the difference between 110 vet and 100 vet is going to be the difference between life and death is situations where a lot of vetting is required.

The balance to this of course is that in high end situations, often vetting isn't much of an option due to area of effect spells and target switching, so having more meditation will be very useful.

All opinions and suggestions welcome...

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one would need more information about your templates other skills. I do not think that the move from 37 med to 47 med is going to make enough difference either way on vet skill/mana regen. also through normal game play which do you use more mage healing or vet or combination of both? spellweaving? jewels and their mods? with this info i could give you a better idea but my first inclination is to say find more mana regen items for your suit and see how that works. I am sure someone else would be able to post the exact numbers difference between 100 and 110 but again i would not think the difference would be that great. the last thing is how often do you hunt the higher end area casters that require the distance healing? to adjust your play for a small part of your game play seems like you would hurt yourself more in the long run.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

I do not think that the move from 37 med to 47 med is going to make enough difference either way on vet skill/mana regen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually the difference between 37 med and 47 med for my suit and template is a difference between 1.24 per second and 1.35 per second, which is over an 8% difference, which is quite significant in my opinion, especially when you add in the fact that you will fail less at meditation.

The question for me is how much of a difference is there between 100 and 110 vet with 110 animal lore?

edit: Found the information I was looking for here.

The difference in max healing between 110 and 100 vet is the difference between 82 and 87 + the critter's hit points / 10. This works out to a less than 6% difference between the two. It is significant, but not as significant as the difference between 37 and 47 meditation.

My guess is, that seeing as mana is an issue, and adding more mana regen simply isn't an option on my suit right now, lowering my vet to 100 would probably be a smart move. I'm going to double check my stable slot situation and make my decision based on that.