• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Looking for some old friends ...

Beltendu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's been about 15 years or so (not counting the last couple months) since I last played UO. Since my return, I've noticed a couple houses in Silvervale belonging to people I knew from back then, but haven't had any luck finding any trace of them (or other guildies) in game other than the houses refusing to decay ... :)

Has anyone seen any recent evidence of members of Heartkin here on Chesapeake? The two houses in particular are owned by Lilith and Ilina Le Kyteler, but of course there were plenty of other Heartkin. I'd be curious if anyone has any news.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't recall where Heartkin was. But there sure isn't many people around anymore. Its sad :(

Beltendu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The two houses in question are in Silvervale, and as I understand it Heartkin founded Silvervale (after my time, unfortunately). I was a member back when the Duir and Castle Lir were still active.

You're right though, it is sad. I was a little surprised that the shards hadn't been combined, like most other games have done. But then, most other games don't let users have the same impact on the world itself as you get in UO. Plus I imagine the UO servers might be a lot less expensive to run.

Last edited:

Beltendu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Reading that again, it does raise another question. Is there anyone still playing from that era, say ... 1997 to 2002/3?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Reading that again, it does raise another question. Is there anyone still playing from that era, say ... 1997 to 2002/3?
For the time being, I am no longer playing. But I first started in late 1998.

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Mez tinkin ip yoo see Naitch he libz in Silberbale. Maybe dat smelly Ork Tehan az well. Mez dunno ip dey noo anyun yoo may be lewkin fur ur not but itz wort askin dem.

Beltendu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Cool to see someone from back then, even if they're retired at the moment ... :)

Zoogi, I have indeed met Naitch once out in Silvervale. It's so quiet out there we both surprised each other ... :)

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been around since Oct 97. But I was so young I didn't branch out into the community much until 99-00. Aldruck, Alonzo, Cotton Eye Joe, Zosimus, MIning All Day, were some of my chars from the golden days.

Beltendu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Cool! I'm afraid the names aren't ringing a bell, though back then the shards were big enough it was conceivable to not know everyone on the shard ... :)

Francis and Jonathan were my primary two characters (Ornalis is recently made). I hung around Yew (the Duir, where I tended bar as Francis for its first few years) and Castle Lir (with Jonathan mostly).

I played as Kusanagi de Vesp & Nazareth. People I remember & wish I could see again : Absynthe, Ilina, Samarian, Lyekka [really anyone from C*R], Haqim E'nesh. Have become connected again with Wizard of Id. Oh those were the days when Silvervale flourished and the Sirens Call served the best drinks :) I was once a member of Heartkin.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to read about your wifes passing. :(

The shards were huge and very populated. Many people neither of us knew, I'm sure! Those names don't ring a bell for me either. But I stayed north of Brit, and around Minoc / Vesper. Literally a world away from Yew. lol.

lissa eldi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm so sorry to hear about Morigan. I first met her in my very early days in UO, on Baja. I can't remember how we met exactly. I ran a small shop back then, so maybe it was there.
She and I had some fine adventuring for a time. We noobed around Baja, then Great Lakes (where we were kitted out in brand new dyed leather suits by a very nice gentleman. I still have mine).
She brought me to Chesapeake for the first time, where I moved a few years later. Good memories. :)