• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some help from a German speaking player

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If any German speaking players are willing, and have a few minutes to spare, I could use a little translation assistance.

Animal Lore i18n

Thanks!
Brian

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If any German speaking players are willing, and have a few minutes to spare, I could use a little translation assistance.

Animal Lore i18n

Thanks!
Brian
Added some words. Still working on it. Not happy with all of them, so if in doubt I rather leave it blank. Skills I translated with Wikipedia or translator sites. Some analogies taken from the Skyrim german translation as well.

I'm not sure whether it's wise to translate skills at all. Some translation would be rather unintuitive (Chivalry = Ritterlichkeit) and there is no in-game reference to the translation. Like I would have to check google to know which skill "Ritterlichkeit" would represent. Some other are more intuitiv, like Bushido = Buschido.

@Eärendil

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, and you maybe already know it, but strictly spoken we are doing localization (l10n) work. i18n (internationalization) refers to the process or software components enabling the application to be localized for different regions. The actual process of doing it for a specific region than is considered l10n. But yea, since there is no point in one of those without the other, it's also used interchangeably :scholar::postcount:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is "hits" supposed to mean? Just short for hit points? Or really like in "has to take/deal X hits .."?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks for the help guys. Yes, I'm looking for the localization that would make sense to the user who speaks whichever language. That's why I was holding off from just using Google translate. :)

"Hits" as in HP; that's the text on an animal lore gump. :p

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks for the translation help guys :) Anyone who helped, please do add your name at the bottom of that spreadsheet so I can credit you. I'll take the wraps off this project soon enough; hopefully about when the new publish goes live. Any French or Spanish speakers, there's still a little left needing translation. For all translations, if you speak the language, give the other translations a look to make sure they make sense... very little of the new publish was localized yet officially, so 95% of the translations came from you guys. :)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the help guys. Yes, I'm looking for the localization that would make sense to the user who speaks whichever language. That's why I was holding off from just using Google translate. :)

"Hits" as in HP; that's the text on an animal lore gump. :p
Ok, I'm just a noob when it comes to pets ;) Anyway, someone else has filled the remaining german gaps. Cheers. Tag me when you need help again. It's also some good practice for us poor non english natives.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you are done? Where can I find this spreadsheet?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks guys. I've merged in the i18n code and updated the translations from the latest ones on that spreadsheet. If you want to check that things actually make sense in context (including capitalization and such), give a look at BrianFreud/ALTest - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums . You'll see a new link added up top:

Click on that to start the tool. Any problems, let me know! :)

-Brian

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pete´s translations were simply excellent, I just specified/smoothed 4-5 words.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm now working on the editor for the rest of the mob info, the info that doesn't get set from animal lore readings.

To that end, I've added another batch of text strings. Some of these are a little more complex; if anyone runs into problems, please let me know. :) There'll be a few more strings added before I finish, but this is most of them. Thanks again to anyone who helps - make sure to add your name at the bottom so I can credit you!

Also, if anyone wants to add any other languages (Dutch, Bokmål, Chinese, whatever), that's easy to do. Just use a new column for the new language, and I'll make sure to include it. :)

(Also, @spin and @panoramix2009, so we're all in the same place. :) )

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Anyone still interested in helping with some translations, I've updated the spreadsheet with hopefully the last batch of strings. These cover the displayed page, rather than the editor, so the info can also be read in translation, not just edited in translation. Again, my thanks for anyone willing to spend a few minutes. :)