• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for prices on some rare cloth/clothing and a "HORN" tile (?!?)

Kaelix

Visitor
Looking for a price on PP blessed TRUE evil mage robe/cloak and half apron. all hue 1109 (apron is also non-exceptional)
evilmage.jpg evilmage3.jpg

I am also looking for a price/provenance check on this HORN tile. The only reference I have been able to find is from a 2011 post about one being stolen and tried to post for sale here amongst other rares from a museum/collection.
horn 2.jpg horn.jpg item name.jpg

I also have this cloth (disregard the AoS Slime Cloth, unless it still has a value) but in the image to the left is cloth with the exact hue as its metal counterpart IE Shadow Cloth Hue = Shadow Ingot Hue. I am not sure where/how I got it, I probably bought it when I sold my Dark Green SL Warhorse during one of my sporadic 2wk-1mo UO returns over the course of 12-15yrs and found it in a bank. In the chest to the right I also have cloth with the same hue as Spined/Horned/Barbed Leather. I couldn't find any natural dyes/dye tubs capable of dying these colors but if I am wrong I would certainly like to know about it. I suspect this cloth (or maybe old oil clothes?) is where my Verite Bandana and Verite Skullcap came from that are stuck in an Endless Journey accounts bank I can't seem to get Broadsword to help me re-open.
cloths.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A lot of colors can be duplicated by using natural dyes and tokuno dyes by dying player made abyssal cloth and crafting clothes from that cloth. AoS cloth comes from those who got their cloth dyed during the slime event.

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I already gave you a price check on the double blessed stuff… you didn’t believe me ? :sad2:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the horn tiles go from 3-12 mil, or were 2 rares fest ago when i bought mine. as far as iknow, then are lots of them out there. kinda like the nodraw tiles.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I already gave you a price check on the double blessed stuff… you didn’t believe me ? :sad2:
If you don't mind repeating yourself I am interested in what you valued it at. Since coming back I have heard some people mention insane prices. However I've had similar items sit on my vendor for long periods of time priced below 50m. So what are your thoughts?

Kaelix

Visitor
After your quote I spoke with 2 others in discord who told me that was very low for darkest evil mage, and I have to agree. If a piece of clothing that is double blessed is 125m I would think an original, unobtainable evil mage (highly sought after color) would be worth more than 175. Sure, you can dye abyssal cloth and craft to your hearts content but you can't craft PP double blessed out of it nor can you transfer the color to it. This robe actually came off of an evil mage and the cloak and apron to match were made out of its robes. So I don't know, I just think it would be more valuable than that, at least it is to me.
low.jpg
Anyone know anything about the metal hued cloth? Are those hues obtainable with natural dyes?

Jonas

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you don't mind repeating yourself I am interested in what you valued it at. Since coming back I have heard some people mention insane prices. However I've had similar items sit on my vendor for long periods of time priced below 50m. So what are your thoughts?
From someone who has recently sold 30-40 of these pieces. 1109 evil mage is a rare hue, in demand and can’t be re-created for (blessed) clothing. Named pieces sell pretty easily for 100-125m per piece, no name for 150m or more depending on the piece, and oeq (blessed) 300m+ per piece. Remember, this is a rare hue on top of being prepatch. Similar to Zog. This is not a (blessed) orc mask or bandana crafted by (insert name) which will still sit on vendors for 50m or less.

Kaelix

Visitor
From someone who has recently sold 30-40 of these pieces. 1109 evil mage is a rare hue, in demand and can’t be re-created for (blessed) clothing. Named pieces sell pretty easily for 100-125m per piece, no name for 150m or more depending on the piece, and oeq (blessed) 300m+ per piece. Remember, this is a rare hue on top of being prepatch. Similar to Zog. This is not a (blessed) orc mask or bandana crafted by (insert name) which will still sit on vendors for 50m or less.
*edit* scratch that, a 10 second hue search returned zog as 1445 =P

I was asking because I have an original "Robe" hue 1445 but it isn't blessed, if it can be recreated with dyes its goin in the trash =(

Jonas

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*edit* scratch that, a 10 second hue search returned zog as 1445 =P

I was asking because I have an original "Robe" hue 1445 but it isn't blessed, if it can be recreated with dyes its goin in the trash =(
The hue can’t be recreated but there is cloth still around to create clothes.

The (blessed) Zog can’t be recreated - hue 1445.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I love the passion here !! Not my thing and I wonder how many millions I've thrown out but love the passion!!

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
As one of the few people that have collected this consistently over the last forever.....175m Should be the absolute top dollar for those and I think that's high. I'm just sharing my opinion, and evidently prices have been pretty crazy on all kinds of things over the last year.

What I do know for a fact is that 3 years ago I was paying 20-40m for any (Blessed) items other than Boots and Shoes. Entire Sets of the same name (blessed) or [exceptional] barley got 100m. Nothing in my collection of these items did I pay over 100m for(other than boots & shoes) and I've never ripped anyone off. I've had no name (Blessed) items sit on my vendor for weeks priced at 40m in just the last month. And also heard people say they sell them for over 100m. I think that is someone being taken advantage of...but again thats only my opinion. I'm a firm believer in maximizing ur profits...but I also believe in telling it how it is and this stuff just isn't worth that. Yes Event items sell for more....they are WAY WAY more in demand, they go with sets of items, deco and lore. There are many more reasons they sell for what they do...but comparing those is apples to oranges. Also...there are way more of these items in circulation than you realize.

I like that my items are worth more because the market is going up...its not in my best interest to argue against these being worth tons. I hope my opinion here is incorrect, but I felt like I needed to share it anyway.

**EDIT** After rereading my post, I need to make a correction...I want to be fair and accurate. I haven't bought a set by the same crafter of clothing or armor in at least 3 years and it has probably been closer to 5 years since I have dumped gold into my "Old Tagged" Clothing and Armor collection. So while what I said up there is 100% accurate It was more than 3 years. I have bought & sold individual pieces since then and still will say that I think a (blessed) piece of clothing name or no name shouldn't sell for more than 40-70m with some rare item exceptions obviously. I wrote that and got a few ICQ's and PM's and just feel like I need to clarify.

Last edited:

Jonas

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As one of the few people that have collected this consistently over the last forever.....175m Should be the absolute top dollar for those and I think that's high. I'm just sharing my opinion, and evidently prices have been pretty crazy on all kinds of things over the last year.

What I do know for a fact is that 3 years ago I was paying 20-40m for any (Blessed) items other than Boots and Shoes. Entire Sets of the same name (blessed) or [exceptional] barley got 100m. Nothing in my collection of these items did I pay over 100m for(other than boots & shoes) and I've never ripped anyone off. I've had no name (Blessed) items sit on my vendor for weeks priced at 40m in just the last month. And also heard people say they sell them for over 100m. I think that is someone being taken advantage of...but again thats only my opinion. I'm a firm believer in maximizing ur profits...but I also believe in telling it how it is and this stuff just isn't worth that. Yes Event items sell for more....they are WAY WAY more in demand, they go with sets of items, deco and lore. There are many more reasons they sell for what they do...but comparing those is apples to oranges. Also...there are way more of these items in circulation than you realize.

I like that my items are worth more because the market is going up...its not in my best interest to argue against these being worth tons. I hope my opinion here is incorrect, but I felt like I needed to share it anyway.
Think you meant to say 100m per piece on a matching set 3 years ago. I know sets were selling for 400-1p, even upwards of 2p or more 3 years ago depending on the color/material/name/number of pieces. Pricing has always been subjective though.

Like most rare things those have doubled or tripled in price in this inflationary market depending again on color/name/number of pieces.

Last edited:

oompaloompa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have the same question on this set I have. Someone said sets go for more. Does this consider as being a set?
image01.jpg image02.jpg image03.jpg

Kaelix

Visitor
A lot of colors can be duplicated by using natural dyes and tokuno dyes by dying player made abyssal cloth and crafting clothes from that cloth. AoS cloth comes from those who got their cloth dyed during the slime event.
So I was curious about what you said about using tokuno dyes and dying player made abyssal cloth and crafting from that cloth so I just tried it and I was unable to use pigments of tokuno Shadow Dancer Black on Abyssal cloth. The character I have both on is not a tailor, so I did not try to craft something from the abyssal then dye it and cut it up but I can confirm that you CANNOT (currently) dye Abyssal cloth in its folded form with Pigments of Tokuno.

Kaelix

Visitor
I have the same question on this set I have. Someone said sets go for more. Does this consider as being a set?
View attachment 122733 View attachment 122734 View attachment 122735
The property that gives the "set" value is the (blessed) Blessed tag (2x blessed) It could say "A robe crafted with exceptional quality by blahblah (blessed) then 2 lines down Blessed but what you have is current patch clothing bless deed. (blessed) like in the original picture I believe began being called pre-patch after Publish 16

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kaelix abyssal cloth from treasure chests and often times cloth already that was in a commodity deed cannot be dyed. Only abyssal cloth crafted from fresh black rock not deeded black rock can make the abyssal that can be dyed UNLESS they fixed it recently, but this for worked for over a decade.

Felipovisk

Adventurer
@Kaelix abyssal cloth from treasure chests and often times cloth already that was in a commodity deed cannot be dyed. Only abyssal cloth crafted from fresh black rock not deeded black rock can make the abyssal that can be dyed UNLESS they fixed it recently, but this for worked for over a decade.
How do i know the blackrock is fresh? i just bought 10 crystalline blackrock from a vendor and crafted a chackered kilt, i couldnt dye it with cleanup dyes or tokuno dyes.

Fresh you mean i must goto abyss, farm crystalline blackrock, craft and then dye?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you create the cloth than dye the cloth with dyes - than make clothing from the dyed abyssal cloth. I just checked and it works still.

Felipovisk

Adventurer
what would be 'fresh crystalline blackrock'?

only the ones you get from mining?

the ones you get as drop from rats in caverns of discarted inside the abyss is valid as'fresh'?

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I only used mined black rock never put into deeds to craft the abyssal cloth you can dye before crafting it into clothes

Kaelix

Visitor
you create the cloth than dye the cloth with dyes - than make clothing from the dyed abyssal cloth. I just checked and it works still.
I was wondering if you could run down exactly how you got this to work for me please because I still can't get it to work. This is what I tried:

Bought blackrock 1 stack of 10 from a vendor crafted Abyssal cloth, attempted to dye said cloth with tokuno pigments - failed
Bought 1 individual blackrock from a vendor, crafted cloth, dye.. - nope
Went to Yomatsu mines killed colored ore elementals, looted blackrock, craft, dye.. - notta
Went to Ter-Mur, mined for like an hour, found a piece of blackrock in my ore, crafted, dye... - NO DICE

Am I missing a step somewhere? because no matter what I try this does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Jake of Pac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was wondering if you could run down exactly how you got this to work for me please because I still can't get it to work. This is what I tried:

Bought blackrock 1 stack of 10 from a vendor crafted Abyssal cloth, attempted to dye said cloth with tokuno pigments - failed
Went to Yomatsu mines killed colored ore elementals, looted blackrock, craft, dye.. - notta
Went to Ter-Mur, mined for like an hour, found a piece of blackrock in my ore, crafted, dye... - NO DICE

Thanks in advance.
can loot magic cloth gargoyle armor, dye it, then slap chop it for cloth. use salvage bag with a tailor toon.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Thanks in advance.
Whenever it comes to rare none EM clothing, @Jonas is the most reliable source I use. Granted we all learn something new from time to time, I would take what he wrote in this thread to the bank!