• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for EM Bennu

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw the news about Asteroid Bennu.. it made me log in here for the first time in a while to share the news with EM Bennu... and he is gone?

Anyone got any information about this?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankfully, he's gone.

He was an EM far too long. FAR too long.

As I understand it, he quit rather suddenly. Mesanna was angry… but how angry could she really be? He lasted a very long time. So many normal vet players have vanished in the last 7 years.

The new guy is way better. :) Far nicer.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thankfully, he's gone.

He was an EM far too long. FAR too long.

As I understand it, he quit rather suddenly. Mesanna was angry… but how angry could she really be? He lasted a very long time. So many normal vet players have vanished in the last 7 years.

The new guy is way better. :) Far nicer.

Bennu was one of the best EMs the game had. He was amazing and while I do enjoy the new EMs, sorry but their story doesnt even come close (Although I doubt you even follow it).

Also, how would you even know if Mesanna was angry? Pulling stuff out of nowhere just to try to reinforce your opinion I guess

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bennu was one of the best EMs the game had. He was amazing and while I do enjoy the new EMs, sorry but their story doesnt even come close (Although I doubt you even follow it).

Also, how would you even know if Mesanna was angry? Pulling stuff out of nowhere just to try to reinforce your opinion I guess
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Seeing you know everything... believe anything you wish. Not my problem.
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
My experience, Bennu was drunk with power and quite nasty to anyone not up his backside. He didnt start off that way... but he turned in to that. Again, this is my personal experience. If you ask people who were not following him around like puppies... you may want to open your mind to the fact he was not a god. No such thing as someone who gets along with anyone. Think I'll cave for someone being nasty to me? Think again. Only someone totally wishy-washy gets on with everyone. It makes people people.
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Give the new guy a chance! Trouble with anyone in power for too long, they become quite drunk with power and fail to do anything to impress.
[/bcolor]

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The asteroid is quite interesting, hopefully by 2169 we have developed as a race to prevent it from being a threat. That is 151 years, just think what we have accomplished since 1867. Jules Verne had just published From the Earth to the Moon in 1865 and H.G. Wells was still an infant! Human progress is an amazing thing and we have vastly sped up in the last 40 years. Imagine being a mid-Victorian lady or gentleman, or worse... an uneducated peasant, and being dropped off in London or New York in 2018. Now imagine yourself dropped off in 2169!

The past year has been excellent to me, productive and stimulating in a variety of ways. As far as UO is concerned, it took me 10 years spread out over 20 years to tell the story I wanted to tell, and I was able to tell it and end it well. No storyteller can ask for more than that. I do hope the 'new' fellow is treating you all well, and doing great things. Although, he has been around for a year now, so calling him 'new' might be a disservice. I met him at the 20th party, and he seemed very much like a good guy.

Pixie, I am very sorry you are so very lonely and spiteful. I hope that things improve for you soon.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes, Bennu (EM no more)… You sure showed me! How could I ever respond to that little gem?

Not all of us are so sucked up to like others of us... for gain and profit. Frankly, I have done more for the Atlantic shard then you could ever claim you have... considering all your hard work is directly from the game staff while most of us did it by hard work and not having immortal powers. I'm hardly alone by being thankful you're gone and our new EM is far better then you. "Works well with others." I'm still here. I still help others. No one is forbidden vendor placement or help when asked.

See how long you would last letting people know who you are on Atlantic shard... in Fel. Drop in the bucket. No bitterness and I'm hardly alone. So hope you are happy and successful... and stay away. Thanks so much! :D

Christmas Elves

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
,*looks on and reads and her eyes turn sad for a minute or two shaking her head * Bennu was a great EM I have seen a lot of them on many shards, but like in all things one person can not satisfy everyone. If you were displeased that is your choice but why drag on the hatred isn't there enough of it in the world?

Bennu is missed by many that too is their choice. There is no need to drag it on just let it go and move on to a new era and give Our New EM your support. *waves to Bennu* Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year !

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
considering all your hard work is directly from the game staff
Because he WAS game staff? What is that even supposed to mean lol?
Not all of us are so sucked up to like others of us... for gain and profit.
What gain and profit is there in "sucking up" to an EM? Do you even go to events?

I'm hardly alone by being thankful you're gone and our new EM is far better then you. "Works well with others." I'm still here. I still help others. No one is forbidden vendor placement or help when asked.

First, you sound a bit like Donald Trump. Secondly, thank god you dont deny vendor placement! Man, really need those good vendor spots with Vendor Search existing nowadays.

See how long you would last letting people know who you are on Atlantic shard... in Fel.
He was an Event Moderator, not a player. What even is this statement? lol He also had plenty of very good stealing events in Felucca which created tons of PvP (And also rewarded a part of the playerbase which doesn't get much love from EMs).

I have done more for the Atlantic shard then you could ever claim you have

A guy working for almost 10 years on Atlantic + for UO creating multiple events each month with a large, expansive, interactive, and cohesive storyline full of great memories and rewards
Lets also not forget the many other things Bennu did for Ultima Online (For example the great lore books which are rewards from trader's quests).

What a sad, bitter, and miserable person.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I just checked this thread. I forgot about it since Bennu emailed me. So damn sad to see someone talk about EM Bennu that way. He was so awesome to us Rolepayers.

Not sure what he might have done to you and just jumping on here to lambast him when I was looking for him is not cool. I'm not surprised you don't like him, since you dropped that tired lame old " try me in Fel " line. Oh well.

One more reason to add to my list of reasons not to like Mesanna.