• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Looking for data

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing points. I have read here and there about points gained and cannot find any data on this.

Randomly in the forum here, but no direct page that explains it all.
I just got into the fishing quest aspect and I am trying to compile a folder of much desired fishing info.

Any help or direction is very much pre- thank you'd.........

Ahhhh, the child beckons.............(this is why It takes me a month to complete what others do in a day or two!)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Condensed version -

There's no data at all on the reputation system, so that's still a bit of a mystery.

There's two point systems people use for the value of fishing quests - the official one, and Pinco's. The latter is just dividing the official numbers by 2, so if you get confused easily by decimals, stick to the official one.
Official... Shallow: 1 point per fish, Deep & Crustaceans: 2 points per, Dungeon: 3 points per; add all lines. If reward is a bait cup, divide total by 2 for number of uses (max 100).
Pinco's: Shallow 0.5 point per fish, etc. The final number is the amount of uses if the reward is a bait cup.

How quests work: Still confusing
Is SUPPOSED to be

Finish a 10 request for a fish, the next quest that asks for that fish should be a 15.
Finish a 15 request for a fish, the next quests that asks for it should be a 20.
This assumes you don't have multiple quests for the same fish (in which case only the first one counts for bumping the next pull of that fish type)

Depending on your reputation, once you hit 20, the next quest for that fish will be either 10 (going through the cycle again), or remain at 20.

The chance for 2 lines on a quest is supposed to be
(number of fish types that you've completed one quest for) / (total number of quest fish types)

the chance for 3 lines is as above, but the numerator (top number of the fraction) is the number of fish types you've completed two quests for). The pattern continues up to 5 lines, with the chance for a 6th.

This, however, appears to be bugged.