• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for coverage for tomorrow

G

Hi all I decided to take a vacation day tomorrow so who can cover me
Requires dealing with 2 special needs girls, one of whom has a peanut allergy, in addition the 2 special needs children, here is 7 a month old boy going through seperation anxiety has his mom has recently deployed and 12 month old boy who is a bully, will take bottles on a whim, terrorize is 3 1/2 yr old sister, step on or pull her of his twin sister along with have many MANY tempertantrums when his antics interupted by a care giver. In addition to these children, there is a kitchen and bathroom floor to mop, laundry to fold and put away, a jaunt to target that needs to be completed to pick up a couple of gifts, among other duties as needed. So, who's available?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

are you serious?

just beat the kid until he gets the point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

are you serious?

just beat the kid until he gets the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the reason I get so burned out. BR actually thinks this is funny. It is not. He will not see that though. *shakes head*

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

what exactly did I do wrong?

I wasn't being serious... how was that not obvious?

P

pikon198

wats wrong with beating your kid its how they learn dicipline and respect. Thats why im in college now and not a thug. Don't beat kids for no good reasons, only when they misbehave and dont hit them just anywhere give em a good spanking on their behind. It's better then yelling at the kids and giving them some kinda psycological issues later on in life. A good beating a day keeps misbehaving away lol.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

... there's nothing wrong with spanking your kids. If your kids were like me, time out or a good scolding did absolutely nothing for me... but a good whallop on the ol tush, made me think twice before doing something stupid like building another fire under a pine tree...

God... looking back on some of the [censored] I pulled as a child... I deserved waaaayyyy more than what I actually got.

Never hit a kid for no good reason... but there are plenty of good reasons to spank your kids.

I also think it largely depends on the kid... some kids respond to just telling them once... some respond to taking their toys... some respond to a time out... and others... respond to a spanking.

Part of being a responsible parent... is knowing which works.

=/

J

Jaimes

In certain cultures this wouldn't be frowned upon as a legitimate answer...

G

*mutters* And some are strong willed lil cusses from birth and ya have to play mind games to convince them *their idea* ...which is really your idea was..their own thinking to get em to co operate !

(short version)

Lisa pick up your toys !

NO !

Lisa pick up your toys, need help here clearing up yalls mess, or I shut off Sesame street.

NO !

*see 3 yr old exclaim she is running away to go find a better mother than me*

*see mom feel sad sorrow pain in her heart she really IS a good momma*

See 3 yr old dash out into the Wisconsin snow...to go find her self a better momma !!

See a mother trapsing after her kindly saying: Lisa hun it may take a while to find a better momma, how bout you get your coat on and boots and mitttens, might be too cold to just go in your pjs.

*see 3 yr old think that over*

Ok mom she goes for her snow suit...and back indoors.

Im still goin she says !!

Ok hun...how bout I make you some Campbell's warm chicky soup and maybe some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies I can bag em up for your journey to..find a better momma..

She thinks and thinks then breaks into tears... I LOVE YOU MOMMA can I come back and stay with you ??

Will you pick up your toys now ?

Ok momma !

*see her 3yr old twin brother shout ...'what u let HER come back here for' *

ah memories !! sometimes a child is very strong willed ya have to convince em what is better for em like it is their own thought to do something ! or some such thing !

Ah my baby girl now in her 30s will salute a 4 star general and say something like *permission to call you.. an ahole SIR ! * (as the 4 star shouts back 'Permission Denied' to her) * haha
I *THINK we did ok by our kids* though, they each turned out ok as grown adults on their own, for the most part.

Only time I really really lost it my temper with the kids was *the girls* when they violted my *curfew* law at 16 or so...heck I wanted to get to sleep and I rather they be HOME knowin they safe not in a car wreck hense a curfew...even told em that...not like that was asking for much off a teenager..come home on time so I can get to sleep and not toss and turn all night ! Each of the daughters busted that law ONCE mom went ballistic on em they never violated that one again. . well I thought they got in some car wreck what did I know and they didnt CALL either sooooooo by time they did get home I exploded !

G

I used to have this made up story I told to my kids when they were little and repeated it when they were older once or twice. The story was called the joy and heartache of being a momma (or dad).

See that cute baby..see they learned to crawl...away.

See that cute baby...see they learned to walk...away.

See that cute toddler ... they learned to tricycle..away.

See that cute kid...they learned to ride their bike...away.

See that cool teenager...they learned to drive a car..away.

See that graduate ...they learned to grow up take care of them selves..and move away !

Mom and dad if they did their job right..they helped em and taught em..to grow away in stages, all their lives, to stand on their own two feet as cool grown ups.

the joy/sorrow of parenting...the end !

P

pikon198

its true depends on the children, but when scolding them doesnt work a good spankin does. Children who run around wild will grow up to be a menice to society. I mean if they dont listen/respect their parents, who will they listen to..? No one thats who. So raise your kids well, cause if you don't your looking at a whole lot of disappointments...

G

Aye and it may not ever need nor take any spankings per say if early on ya explain your rules and also help teach a child to fathom *respect* for each other for others, for laws, even stupid ones there are ways to challenge laws besides disobeying em we can teach em that too, respect for law enforcement, teachers, grandparents, parents, other human beings, etc.

When they first begin to sass us..they may not need some slap nor spankin..they not stupid simply explaining respect goes a long way..you may hate my guts, but we did give you life.. we wanted to do that and we won't tolerate yu sassing us like we are dogdo to ya.. either.

I AM feeding you, I am clothing you, I am providing a home for you, I am providing the best love I can for you, parents are not perfect, not flawless by any means that is honest truth..but I LOVE YOU even if you hate my guts..respect that...or yeh then u may have to DEAL with...what lack of respect gonna mean to you..starting AT HOME..cuz if ya do not teach em respect mutual respect early on...be 16 flipping off a highway patrolman when they get that first speeding ticket and he or she may not take kindly to..disrespect !
Nor their kindergarden teacher etc. Respect is taught ..early on or ..ya raising a monster whom is gonna bite you in the arse and everyone else too. We were also never too BIG a parent to also say *I am sorry* when we were out of line with them too..which helped THEM say *I am sorry* easier as well cuz heck no one is perfect, humans make mistakes...parents and their kids both alike do.

course some parents never TALK to their kids neither ...nor permit THEM to do so either..some do just slap spank..some just talk TOO MUCH never any discipline..tis all a fine line per child anyhow. And some ..should never even BE parents, they suck at taking care of their dog and their kids ;( !

G

<blockquote><hr>

KLOMP DA OOMIES!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha giggles at newbie parent ..ya better make sure that diaper is NOT FULL before ya klomp em ! HAHA That can backfire on ye ! HAHA

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beating your kids via spanking on the bottom is so very rarely a problem. Its when you spank or beat them somewhere else (like their head!) that is when it becomes the problem.
The biggest problem most parents need to deal with is to deal with the kid right then and not say "I dont have time for this ...". When you always make time to deal with it right then your kids dont get out of hand and it makes it a whole lot easier to take care of them.

M

majorwoo

My uncle used to say,

"You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up."

G

Time ...time can make all the difference in the world in raising up a adult to become.

I used to really feel for the kids who's parents never had time for them, they never had time to come to their kid's spellingbee nor time to watch their kid play ball nor cheerlead nor art show in school, they never had time to *bake* cupcakes nor buy em for the class for those holidays the school let kids have treats sugary or not.

They never had time to even notice if their kid was *moody* or feeling unloved and then went to drugs or whatever/whomever, to find comfort in a world that oft seems to busy to show they care bout anyone..yet in the end tis the kids parents that first must give up their own selfishness or self centeredness, or cluelessness, to give attention and lots of time...for/to their own offspring and many do not give their time..........to these humans beings they created that they are supposed to love and give TIME towards !

G

I hear an echo. I've for many years said that the most precious gift you can give to your child is your time.

On the discipline side, there's a world of difference between one sharp slap that brings a tantrum to a shocked stop and an actual beating. I have, occasionally, adminstered a slap, though never without fair warning. 'If you don't stop I shall smack you' was often followed by 'ow, you hit me!', and 'yes, I told you I would'. Doesn't take too long before a child learns that this parent keeps promises, both good ones and bad ones.

You have to find what works for each individual child. For our youngest 10 minutes sitting half way up the stairs worked wonders. Couldn't play with toys, couldn't see TV, couldn't hear conversation in the lounge, total boredom led to abject apology, cuddle, forgiveness and peace.

I

imported_mo'gluk

agreed my children are very different.....

I actually count for my children...... to three

and if they aren't moving by 2 meeb kum down like hand ov da bluudgod..... but dat juz cuz meeb kan count to gahk.....

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

... there's nothing wrong with spanking your kids. If your kids were like me, time out or a good scolding did absolutely nothing for me... but a good whallop on the ol tush, made me think twice before doing something stupid like building another fire under a pine tree...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...these days they go to school and say "daddy hit me" and you're the criminal. IMO kids need a lot more spanking/discipline, if you let them get away with little things when they're young, imagine when they're older (or look at teenagers these days).

The biggest problem tends to be that parents don't want to bother parenting, plus they refuse to admit that their child ever makes a mistake. Admit they make mistakes now and punish them accordingly, otherwise it'll be a disaster later on.

This opinion is *NOT* targetted at the op at all, just a general statement.

G

Humor works also !

Our kids are only human and so are we.

Ever try getting the TRUTH out of 3 kids as to whom..whom spilled the grape juice on ye beige carpet ??

NOT ME NOT ME NOT ME..all three would chime in..yet ya knew one of the 3 HAD to have spilled it..or group effort..so how do ya get to the truth ??

I would conduct *manhunts* for this 4th child we never seen named "NOT ME" go after him or her searching with my broom to layeth the smacketh down on that bratty disobedient invisi child named NOT ME !

The kids would watch thinking their momma is insane or just wacky...then I would even at times enlist them..to help me find NOT ME !!!

Man when we find that kid he or she is gonna do some major carpet cleaning and fix this mess THEY made dontcha agree...whomever screwed up needs to fix what they did wrong and make it right or.............. I might have to sweep us all up with me handy dandy broom here...to get a clean slate .............................. *waits for the truth*

It oft worked ...the one that actually DID it would fess up and if one of the other ones contributed to that mess...they fess'd up..mostly they seen momma can be very angry but wanted TRUTH and wanted ammends made..and that in and of it self is better than just spankin ..had to kinda teach em..give me the truth..whatever the hell it is so we can honestly deal with it..also for ye own good out there in the world ..truth might save ye butt too I would tell them sometimes they might do something horrid yet if they not honest with us ..how can we help em out of whatever mess maybe they got into ??

I guess also trying to have FUN with raising em ..makes it all worth it.

G

One of my fav oldies......songs regarding TIME for our kids.

Cats In The Cradle Lyrics
Artist: Harry Chapin (Buy Harry Chapin CDs)
Album: Cats In The Cradle

My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away
And he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
He'd say "I'm gonna be like you dad
You know I'm gonna be like you"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home dad?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then

My son turned ten just the other day
He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play
Can you teach me to throw", I said "Not today
I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"
And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
And said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know I'm gonna be like him"

When you comin' home son?

Well, he came home from college just the other day
So much like a man I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head and said with a smile
"What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later, can I have them please?"

I've long since retired, my son's moved away
I called him up just the other day
I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
He said, "I'd love to, Dad, if I can find the time
You see my new job's a hassle and kids have the flu
But it's sure nice talking to you, Dad
It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me

M

majorwoo

And then you get this crap like my wife was reading me last night. A book out there, called "No to 'no'!" or some such garbage. About how you shouldn't tell your kid, they can't have a cookie, you tell them they can absolutely have a cookie after they eat dinner.

I hate to tell ya, but my little girl is 5 and she has a very good understanding of the word No, because if she doesn't listen to Mommy, and Mommy says lets call Daddy she knows what's gonna happen when I get home.

Do I beat my child? No. Does she live in terror of me? Doesn't seem like it at 730 in the morning when shes begging me to get up and play vsmile
Do I smack her butt when she doesn't listen? You bet ya.

G

Oh that sounds like one of those (*positive re enforcement books)* never say no say yes later on...like that cookie thing.

Truth be told some things need a NO ! period !

I remember when our kids were pre schoolers and we got a new ben franklin fireplace installed. They were not very old and of course we told then NO touchy this thing ..it may be very hot and you get burnt. Of course our daughter took that at face value..did NOT touch ..her twin brother touched it when it was a roaring fire and big tears come down his eyes he was blowing on his finger and merely uttered..." mom said no ...me hurt now "

Some NO's are for their own good ! Usually we try to explain any no's we uttered there were reasonings behind them and let us try to help explain these TO ya..so we not being tyrannt dictators here ya see...logical reasons for some no's

like the time we said no to playing in the street when they had a yard and 11 acres of land to play upon..no to the street..NO to the creek during flooding spring thaw on our land..NO to wearing a fur coat out there during deer hunting season. The twin girl went into the street ... I was right behind her..YES she got a spanking with tears in my eyes...............a car nearly hit her just that fast with me on her tail.

NO is often protective, life sustaining so they survive, and saying yes you can *later* is bs for some things ! Explaining NO starts with the little things like a cookie ...............on up to everything they want/need a yes to or no to as teenagers..for their own survival out there. In the end if we succeed then we get em to the age where they are free and will be free to do a NO if they so chose to do so, but while they are in our charge ...some no's permit them to get to that age of legal adulthood or close !
if they fk up then they did it on their own self watch... not *our watch*
We did not always say no to the stupid things their parents did like smoking, but told em to try not to do the same stupids we had done in life. . nor would we condemn them for doing the same stupids we did.

G

Child needs to learn 'no'.

That kind of attitude in those books leads to the kind of obnoxious idiot who believes everything is for sale if the price is right, no matter how many times you tell them no. Can't stand those sort.

Wish I could give the RL ones the same answer I give the in game ones
Kal Ort Por

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

And then you get this crap like my wife was reading me last night. A book out there, called "No to 'no'!" or some such garbage. About how you shouldn't tell your kid, they can't have a cookie, you tell them they can absolutely have a cookie after they eat dinner.

I hate to tell ya, but my little girl is 5 and she has a very good understanding of the word No, because if she doesn't listen to Mommy, and Mommy says lets call Daddy she knows what's gonna happen when I get home.

Do I beat my child? No. Does she live in terror of me? Doesn't seem like it at 730 in the morning when shes begging me to get up and play vsmile

[/ QUOTE ]

New parents are often bombarded with people dying to give them advice. Not necessarily GOOD advice, just advice. I try to avoid this myself, but I do have one small nugget to pass on to new parents, something that I feel is more important than just about anything else (besides the obvious, love, care, feeding, etc..).

*clears throat*

Write this down, it may come in handy later.

Here it goes....

"It's never to early to teach your child the word "No'."

Yep, that's it. HOW you teach them is important as well. Children need CONSISTENT discipline. Being inconsistent is as bad, or worse, than no discipline at all. Not only will it come back to haunt you later when they are older, it will also serve to confuse the child and encourage them to push your buttons and their boundaries because they know that they have a 50/50 chance of being in trouble, or NOT, depending on your mood.

I have a difficult time watching parents try to 'reason' with their children when what they really need is a swift smack on the ass and an explanation detailing why it occurred. If you don't have control of a 3 year old, how do you think you will have any kind of control of a 13+ year old? Parents who complain about not being able to control their kids have made a wrong turn somewhere and are now dealing with the consequences.

P

pikon198

i guess you gotta enjoy the single life while you can and hope that condom works 100% of the time instead of 97% of the time... I don't want to be stuck with the 3% people

as for the planned kids, hehe well im tooooooo young to worry about that
i think ima be like 40 when i get my first kid that way i can die by 50 and not have to deal with the teenage years, let the wifey enjoy that lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i guess you gotta enjoy the single life while you can and hope that condom works 100% of the time instead of 97% of the time... I don't want to be stuck with the 3% people

as for the planned kids, hehe well im tooooooo young to worry about that
i think ima be like 40 when i get my first kid that way i can die by 50 and not have to deal with the teenage years, let the wifey enjoy that lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

**remembers a very memorable lesson taught by this momma and remembered.. by her own young, when they hit a certain age especially with the twin gene running thru our family ..one opps yes can become twins...**

Put one of them new fresh ones, right from the wrapper under a microscope, then live and learn !!

Or ya may become a father/mother when ya don't want to become one.. or far worse fates.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

God... looking back on some of the [censored] I pulled as a child... I deserved waaaayyyy more than what I actually got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell looking back on what ive done as an adult i think i deserved more than what i got

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

God i remember when we used to do that to Itachi... *memories*

G

I just use water boarding on my kids, it works wonders!

Ok bad joke, I'm sorry. I will go stand in the corner and think about how I can be a more sensitive member of society and how I can make better contributions to these forums.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Time ...time can make all the difference in the world in raising up a adult to become.

I used to really feel for the kids who's parents never had time for them, they never had time to come to their kid's spellingbee nor time to watch their kid play ball nor cheerlead nor art show in school, they never had time to *bake* cupcakes nor buy em for the class for those holidays the school let kids have treats sugary or not.

They never had time to even notice if their kid was *moody* or feeling unloved and then went to drugs or whatever/whomever, to find comfort in a world that oft seems to busy to show they care bout anyone..yet in the end tis the kids parents that first must give up their own selfishness or self centeredness, or cluelessness, to give attention and lots of time...for/to their own offspring and many do not give their time..........to these humans beings they created that they are supposed to love and give TIME towards !

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... some parents... like my mother... didn't have the time not because she was selfish or self centered but because she was spending all the time she had working to make sure I had the things I needed since no one else could offer her the help she needed.

Kids do see that... and an honest to god mom giving it her all and spending what little time she does have devoted to her kids means more than a stay at home mom with all the time in the world baking cupcakes because the teacher sent home a letter that the kid had to bring something into class.

Love shows through no matter what seems to be in the way...

the only thing that sucks is that she didn't get to spend the time that she wanted to with me... seeing all the other moms, in their starter homes with their brand new babies in strollers on her way to work after dropping me off with a relative or daycare.

Moms like that are really the only ones who really lose out in this...

a real [censored] shame.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

The biggest problem tends to be that parents don't want to bother parenting, plus they refuse to admit that their child ever makes a mistake. Admit they make mistakes now and punish them accordingly, otherwise it'll be a disaster later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the biggest problem is how society has been dictating to parents how to raise and discipline their own children.

From the direction public schooling has gone to the insanely generalized rules on how to raise your child. Society really needs to butt-the-[censored]-out.

G

There are different types and qualities and quantities of Time.

I mostly refer to parents working or not working that never give time, for their kids hardly in any way shape or forms, at all.

Your momma gave her time workin for providing 'for' you.

Children can see love and caring as ye said, they can see too, how we spend our time for them, (or for as parents spending time just themselves mostly) and there be lots of working and non workin parents that just do show often that they barely make time for their kids at all, in any way shape or form, for any reasons, acting more like their kids are just an inconvenience in the way of their own pursuits or fun of *having a good time* thus just warehousing their kids even at home parkin em in front of the tv or game box to *babysit em* hours on end per day, when the parent is there even.

Big difference ...from ye post you seen your momma's time spent to provide for her baby.....for her son, some kids never see that time, given for them.

From ye post does not sound like she lost, but won, the respect well earned for her, from her grown child.

Parents assume respect from their child should be or is is a given, we EARN IT. Sounds like she earned yours.

G

Since you don't play anymore, nor do you post anything remotely related to Siege anymore, do you mind terribly putting two letters in your thread title? "OT"

I have problems of my own, thanks much, and I'm sick of reading about yours.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

agreed my children are very different.....

I actually count for my children...... to three

and if they aren't moving by 2 meeb kum down like hand ov da bluudgod..... but dat juz cuz meeb kan count to gahk.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Was their first word "Klomp"?

Do they refer to their bottle as "Cidur?"

G

Stratics has this wonderful feature its called ignore, put me on it, since you seem in capable of just not clicking on posts started by me, I will give you a step by step tutorial how to do it since clearly you need it:

click on my name next to this post
you will now be looking at my profile
down in the fourth option to your left is "Ignore this user"
next find a urologist
make an appointment as soon as possible to get a vestectomy so I won't have make this same pre-k tutorial for your off spring

and there we have it, we are both happy

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

You know... some parents... like my mother... didn't have the time not because she was selfish or self centered but because she was spending all the time she had working to make sure I had the things I needed since no one else could offer her the help she needed.

Kids do see that... and an honest to god mom giving it her all and spending what little time she does have devoted to her kids means more than a stay at home mom with all the time in the world baking cupcakes because the teacher sent home a letter that the kid had to bring something into class.

Love shows through no matter what seems to be in the way...

the only thing that sucks is that she didn't get to spend the time that she wanted to with me... seeing all the other moms, in their starter homes with their brand new babies in strollers on her way to work after dropping me off with a relative or daycare.

Moms like that are really the only ones who really lose out in this...

a real [censored] shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also raised by a working, single mother. I was largely left alone to figure out right from wrong, and often learned it the hard way.

You know that friend we all seem to have that we like to hang out with, but your parents wished you wouldn't? That friend was me. I have to admit, when someone else would suggest something like playing street hockey, I would say something like, "Screw that, let's ride our bikes through Mr. Johnson's garden and then go light something on fire". Also, since my mom wasn't around much until late, my house was usually the base of various juvenile deliquent activities.

I got busted so many times for such stupid crap that the juvenile court judge openly considered sending me to Boy's Town (a sort of work farm/prison for juveniles). The only reason she didn't was because I always attended school, and always got good grades (I just always seemed to find extra time to get into trouble).

By the time I was about 13 or so, I had settled down and only got into trouble one more time between then and high school graduation (got pinched making obscene prank phone calls to the town sheriff--oops).

If I had the chance to change it and grow up "conventionally" --I wouldn't. I got to see first hand what happens to you in society when you act like an ass. This left a much bigger impression on me than simply being told what will happen.

and my mom... as much as she wasn't around, she was ALWAYS there when it REALLY mattered. I must have made her heart jump a million times with all the calls and visits from the police, I made her life a living hell, yet she rarely let it show.

I will forever love and respect her for that.

*sobs*
*picks up the phone to call mom*

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah. It seems the general trend is to protect these kids from every little thing that *might* hurt them. Some places are padding playgrounds now. Seriously...are we TRYING to raise a bunch of pansies?

I certainly wouldn't want my child suffering a severe injury, but to try and protect them from minor cuts and occasional distress is just plain foolish. I think it's safe to say that life is pretty hard, and it can throw some pretty nasty stuff at you. We need to prepare our kids for reality, not shelter them from it as long as we can.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Stratics has this wonderful feature its called ignore, put me on it, since you seem in capable of just not clicking on posts started by me, I will give you a step by step tutorial how to do it since clearly you need it:

click on my name next to this post
you will now be looking at my profile
down in the fourth option to your left is "Ignore this user"
next find a urologist
make an appointment as soon as possible to get a vestectomy so I won't have make this same pre-k tutorial for your off spring

and there we have it, we are both happy

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you just put "OT" in your thread title, like you're supposed to