• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for active Alliance

J

Jest

Me and a handful of friends have come back to UO and been playing for a bit and having a great time, but we are still pretty green as to what content is available and what we are capable of doing. With that in mind, I wanted to see if there are any active Alliances out there that assist each other in some of the more difficult content.

We'd love to either join an existing group or help start a new one, so let me know if you are interested in either.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Welcome back! Feel free to reach out to me whenever you are looking for something to do and i'll tag along if possible. My icq is 93303733.

As for active guilds and/or alliances. There are are three off the top of my head (and people from these feel free to correct me for any mistakes) that i know are active:

1) PAS - As far as i know this is the largest guild on the shard. They are very active and have an event/activity almost every night. You can find their website here: People's Army of Sonoma :: Index - People's Army of Sonoma . Full disclosure: i have a few chars in this guild. Good people. :)

2) TI / r^us / TLF - I believe all these guilds are in a single alliance and i KNOW i am missing a few. Very nice people, with the first two guilds being tamer-oriented (but not exclusive to tamers afaik). TLF is Queen Mum's guild and she is probably Sonoma's most well known person and is very knowledgeable/helpful. I believe TLF is just her family, but if you see her she is a great resource for knowing Sonoma's inhabitants. Full disclosure: I have a few chars in TI. Good people. :)

3) WAKA - A PvP guild that operates on multiple shards, but i believe Sonoma is "home" to them. I am not a PvPer, but from what i have seen they are very active. I do know a few of these guys and in my experience they are a good group of people. I have *no* clue as to their recruiting ... or even if they are/do, but if you are interested in PvP/Fel this would be a good place to start.

My 2c. Hope it helps. I look forward to seeing other responses ... would be cool to see what other guilds/alliances/player groups are active. =)

J

Jest

Thanks for the summary, I've seen you posting in the Tamer forum as well, loving my tamer so far.

A small/moderate Alliance is ideally what we are looking for. I can't speak for the others but we aren't super into PvP (at least not in UO). It used to be all I ever did but age and married life seem to have dulled that particular blade, lol.

We've mostly been sticking to what we know, which is the old school dungeons in Tram, but we'd definitely like to start seeing what else is out there.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! One new thing that is of particular use to newcomers and returning vets is the global chat. If you are in the classic client type , (that is a comma) to open the chat and you can talk to anyone on the shard who has chat on. A great way to find groups and ask questions.

Also watch for EM events, they are usually well attended and another way to make contacts.