• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a new home for some old Catskills relics

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I intended on cross-posting this here initially, but Stratics was having issues at the time...

My old horde of player written books and event items needs a new home. Aedon is going to take whatever is left over, but I would like things to go to people who have a sentimental attachment to them if possible. If you think I might have items for events you were a part of that you would like to have, let me know and I can check to see if I have them.

More details on the official UO forums: Looking for a new home for some old Catskills relics

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wish I could say I had been part of the old RP world but I can not, I am new and just dove in head first and I a bobbing at the moment, (I guess one needs to learn to swim first) When somebody does take the items and makes them public I would like to view them. especially if theres anything about Dragons *giggles*

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once Gildar finishes taking request from old guilds and players the remainder of the items will be housed in Aegis, I will of course make them available for all to enjoy just as with the Library of Istas.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hey there Gildar. Good to see you again. I would be interested if you have anything from the Solunite event line or anything from any of the Hunt Nights? I hope you'll get a chance to come back more often! With old friends returning, it's brought back a lot of good memories from "back in the day."

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there Gildar. Good to see you again. I would be interested if you have anything from the Solunite event line or anything from any of the Hunt Nights? I hope you'll get a chance to come back more often! With old friends returning, it's brought back a lot of good memories from "back in the day."
I cannot help but feel some measure of pride when I see the richness of the history of Catskills. I hope you find some treasures Anne. I still have your eggnog pots you know.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I cannot help but feel some measure of pride when I see the richness of the history of Catskills. I hope you find some treasures Anne. I still have your eggnog pots you know.
*smiles* And I still have the Valentine you somehow tracked down with my name on it. It's in my keepsake box. So many things I see and they take me right back to the very moment when something happened just like it was yesterday.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure there is no Inethria stuff, but I think some of the books I have are Winterfell. Did you want copies of those Bruce, or is just being able to see them after Aedon makes everything public after I give him everything good enough for you?

I don't think I ended up with any items from the Solunite Event or Hunt Nights (except for generic items that I wouldn't be able to distinguish from what I got on other days)... but I've got some other stuff I think you'll like Anne... Layne memorial bardiche, Ricardo's shoes and painting, RBG sashes?

Fenyx4

Visitor
Hiya Gildar,

I'm Bink/Fenyx.

First I gotta ask are you the Gildar from #uo on Undernet from way, way back in the UO beta? I'm pretty sure he went to Lake Superior but I gotta ask. :)

Second I'd love the books. I've had a library open to the public in UO for many, many years now. 1998-2001?,2009-Present to be precise. Aedon actually gifted me the houses to set it back up after my hiatus. You can find it in Yew a couple glades south of the moongate. I'd even be willing to pull them out of the game for you and send you a copy by e-mail.

But Aedon has dibs so if he prefers them they are all his.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bink, you tricksey Bookworm! I still love going into your library and looking through the tomes. They are set to allow some of the books from your Library to be placed in an NPC building. However the size of the Library excludes the entire repository to be moved. How much space is still available in your building Bink? I have the rights to the building to the left of yours, so we could set up a really nice Library complex. I also have the Library of Istas in my keeping.
For me, the history of our shard is worth preserving, And it would be wonderful to gather all these libraries in one area.

Last edited:

Fenyx4

Visitor
Ah! He's seen me! *hides in the stacks*

I have 300 open slots in the western library and 32 in the eastern. Buuuut I have been doing a lot of magic item gathering for my imbuer so I have a lot of cruft that I can sort and trash.

I'm certainly open to the massive library complex idea! Last time I saw the Istas library it had a lot of duplicates from my library. Should be merge them and ditch dupes? (Maybe use some of the dupes for the NPC library?)

How many can go into the NPC library? I can make copies of some of the texts and provide them for it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, let's make this happen my friend!

Will be nice to sort through and I like the idea of putting Dupes in the NPC Library. He gave me no exact numbers, but asked that you pick out some favorites. I am sure dupes qualify as that. Once we have a number we can let him know and he will arrange a drop off so they can be placed.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and Bink, I can also set your crafter up as friend or co owner of the Aegis Smithy. You can store your craft mats there and be anle to work as you wish.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Bink, the third Library of Yew building is now set up next to your building. Now we wait for the new arrivals from Gildar.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not the Gildar from undernet, that's somebody else.

Aedon now has access to all my books and other stuff I no longer plan on keeping, so hopefully he'll be able to get them all in the library soon.
If anyone does make out-of-game copies of any of the books, I'd love a copy - you can email me at [email protected] (if I get enough, and if I'm lucky enough to find the time, I might set up a website with them all so people can access the books out of game too).

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started today moving the library and other items to the Library building in Aegis. I hope to have it all set up soon. Gildar, my wife was also talking about slowly copying a lot of the library outside the game. I will be sure to send a copy should she complete it. She wants to start with Guild histories and move on from there.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it be cool to find any stuff that was Ballyn when he was in pgoh and before he gave me his account (he is my stepdad) or Elathiel from pgoh he is my uncle lol

Fenyx4

Visitor
Aedon! I saw you in game briefly but you vanished before I could get to you.

When could we get together so you can get me access to these books?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes,, my ICQ is 312213645. I want to give you full access to the place as soon as we can get together. I am heading out now with the Mrs, but will be back soon and turn on my Q. Something is wrong with ICQ lately and I do not always show or see that people are online, so send a tell even if I look offline. From 3pm est today on should be a good bet. (Sunday)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bink, the Librarian of Yew now has access to the books, and will start his work putting the collections in order.

Fenyx4

Visitor

Just kidding!!

I went through and put red leaves on everything in the Istas collection that didn't have it and am maybe halfwayish through getting copies of the books out of the game.

I had the opportunity to go through the Istas library about a decade ago. It is interesting getting to see what books have been added since then.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hahahah You seem to be related to James Bunny-man. I brought in a few other books I found lying around. They are either setting on the hearth or a cabinet top and there is a set from an RP scenario in a small box on the floor.