• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a Librarian

A

allan1850

I have acquired a large amount of books from IDOCs I don't know if they are player written books or NPC books. If you run a library and want them you are welcome to them on one condition: you have to take the whole lot.

Allan

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a newspaper in the city of Guardians Gate and hav been collecting both types of books for some time I wold love to take them off your hands. pm me or icq @99656289 Thanks!

A

allan1850

Morpheus Mardox,

I sent you a PM but I never heard back. If you like can we schedule a time to meet up to transfer the books.

Thanks

Allan

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Any chance you can make a copy of them Allan. Lenora just came back from Summer vaca and runs the library in paxLair and im SURE she would love some of them. Or i can copy them for you with my scribe.

267944224 is my icq.

A

allan1850

There are about 140 books (I think). I guess I can give you access to the house and to the the books and you can sort through them and copy any that you want to copy.

send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Allan

S

Sebrina

I would be quite interested to find out where that IDOC was or the name on the house. If it is the place that I think it was, there is some very good, and some bad writing there, but a must to save.

A

allan1850

they were accumulated from a few different IDOC's, but the last and biggest cache of books was from the Mythndale Tavern

Allan

S

Sebrina

Morpheus will be a great custodian of them when you two can get together. He will certainly share with the Library of Knowledge in Felucca, and I am looking forward to having a look at them myself.

A

allan1850

Well we haven't been able to get together. If we can't meet up soon. I might put another plea out to the community to see who wants them.

Allan

S

Sebrina

hehe - Well, I look out for the Greater Library Association of Chesapeake, so you need make no more pleas. Morpheus runs the Guardian's Gate Gazette, and would love to have the collection. If you will look at the sticky toward the top of the page, you will see "Libraries of Chesapeake," which has the current list of libraries...and of course since Stratics is in the process of retuning its format, I definitely need to go back through that page to edit to make it user-friendly again.

I have the space to store them for now and get them to Guardian's Gate, (since Morpeus is a Chessy News Reporter also - we stay in touch), if you need the space. I run the Northgate Library on Moonglow, and do not have the space there for such a collection, but can store them at Moonglow Manor in some chests for Morpheus and I to move to the GGG when he is ready.

We will be sure to make copies to get to the Library of Knowledge in Pax-lair on Felucca as well. That has some intense reading, since you never know when a red might attack while you're just sitting there reading a book. - Actually an astounding collection there that cannot be found elsewhere.

PM me or my ICQ is in profile.

Let me know when a good time is for you to be around for a transfer. I will custodian them for him in the mean time, if you two cannot get together, and I'm sure that he will nod approval of that.

Well we haven't been able to get together. If we can't meet up soon. I might put another plea out to the community to see who wants them.

Allan

A

allan1850

That sounds like a plan but I received a request from Gareth to let him copy them before I turn them over. I'll give him a couple days for that then we will get together.

Allan

S

Sebrina

Exactly, Gareth needs copies for the Library of Knowledge in Pax-lair. He has a library too in Pax Onu. With three or four scribes like us, we can make this easy for distribution to other libraries, for those who want copies.

A

allan1850

I'm sorry

I just saw this message
how is tomorrow looking for you?

Allan