• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Looking for a host for the next [Rare Festival]

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***Bid Deadline: Tuesday October 07, 2008***

I am going to make this a very transparent process.

We need a host for the next Rare Festival since DVI/Aspen does not play anymore. The next one was supposed to be on Europa but it does not have to be the case.

Basically, I am looking for people who are really interested in hosting and then proposing some sort of a bid for it. The result being the best bid on paper will win the right to host the next festival! Something like how the Olympics work :p. The bid can be just a rough plan on dates, the location, people on your shard that are going to help you with it, and the type of activities/mini-events would you be able to host.

I encourage people to talk with other collectors on your shard to see if you can come up with a collaboration as it can be a bit of work to host a nice festival. You can rope in local auction services, etc. to help you with different things. I would of course help any of the hosts and so would other people if required.

This is assuming there are lot of people interested in hosting :p - if no strong interest is shown then I can host it on Atlantic! Would save me transferring heh

What do you guys think?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh lordy Europa had it in its grasp!!

We are the 3rd/4th biggest shard so im guessing it will happen sooner or latter....Oh well ...i cant help here but maybe some of the big Europa rares players will bid for us...and BRING IT HOME...

K

kray2s

We are the 3rd/4th biggest shard so im guessing it will happen sooner or latter....Oh well ...i cant help here but maybe some of the big Europa rares players will bid for us...and BRING IT HOME...
I agree with THP!!!!

Bring the festival to EUROPA!!!! - THP maybe u and i and a few others can collaberate on some sorta bid??????????????????? im sure theres a few other rare collectors that will join along with a certain well known auction / event guild :)

*runs off to post a few icq's off*

Thor VII

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I agree with THP!!

Im Ready to help also kray2s:D

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not up for hosting, per se, but I can certainly lend a hand to whomever does win the bid for hosting!

K

kray2s

I am not up for hosting, per se, but I can certainly lend a hand to whomever does win the bid for hosting!
I have been thinking of running this and i have had offers of help to run iton Europa - Unfortunatly tho i can not do this over a fri/sat/sunday stint due to the crappy shift work i have to do.

So unfortunatly i am going to have to bow outta the race unless maybe people would be happy with a mon/tues/weds stint maybe?

Anyhow- if not i can certainly put any person on europa in touch with others that would be willing to help run and organise events.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awww, that's too bad Kray, but understandable! i think a weekend festival would be fairly imperative, especially since a lot of us are in US time zones. i'm usually still at work when my europa pals are playing, and by the time i'm ready to join them they've already gone to bed!

K

kray2s

The thing is i am ofen found in UO late(ish) till the early hours of the morning due to work and then real life, family and kids seems the only time i get to be able to play. I am not entirely sure what 2 or 3 am gmt time translates to on other shards.

However, one of the key goups of people that offered to help me are not on as late as myself. hence it makes any events har to run i cant do it on m own. Had quite a few ofers but alas not enough to cover for my work paterns and thedifferent time zones!

I have not cmpletely given up on the idea - maybe booking a weekend or so off work would be in order lol.

I would like to do it to show off Europa and the many fine collectors / museums we have on our shard and also if im honest to boost my reputation a little on the rares forum ;) lol (got no idea where i stand at the moment - i hope im in peoples good books so to speak)

anyhow i not completely out but lets say im prob working towards a lost cause!

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

Tomas please let us know if there are any bids for hosting the festival.
Just to make sure its possible to contra bid...
:D

I really would like the next one to be on Europa.

Alcestis please save us.
Or anyone else for that matters I point you out becuase you are in the high council and you are one of the biggest collectors on Europa.

Regards
The Scandinavian

WizzaX

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will help if anyone needs it. =]

I would offer to host myself but i have such a busy schedual. =[

My guildmates tell me i log into to UO just to go afk! LoL

K

Kratos Aurion

I have 2 houses on GL but this came at a really bad time for me. of the ring, tueful hund, orc chief and I inhabit GL which would make it ideal for us to throw together events but that would be up to them to participate. The otherside of the story is I just started college and have obtained a part time job so I'm not quite sure yet if it would work out for me to host yet or not.

Is there any sort of schedule thats planned out yet? what happened to the rares council? What type of events are we going to be hosting? It may be possible for me to participate if I can figure out what I'm looking forward too ahead of time.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be willing to help if its on Europa, would be good if the next one is on Europa. We have enough collectors so if we all got together perhaps it could happen.

F

feath

Dates; Sat. Oct 25th, Sun Oct 26th and Mon Oct 27th

Location; Feath's Luna house (room for 50 vendors)

people who volenteered; kray, feath, escaflowne, THP

mini events;
18th - Scavenger Hunt - win gold
19th - The Great Race - Win a grizzled mare
20th - lotto; win a rare

Times of events TBD. More than 1 may be done to cater to different time zones.

A US volenteer would be helpful.

Vendors will be placed starting 2 days before the event, and continue through event. Vendors are free.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh man! That is like the worst weekend for me. Any way it can be moved one week further? :p Otherwise, it is not a big deal as long as someone takes good screen shots!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we should have it last a week like the atlantic one :) also lemme know if everything on your list is definite and not just throwing some ideas out there

F

feath

another week forward is fine... i just used that weekend as to be far enough in the future to give people time to get there,without being so far away that people forget about it heh.
*moves time forward one week*

as for having it a week long ... i dont think i could keep up the momentum to fill in that much time. I am open to ideas, for sure.

K

kray2s

feath - its great that you have put in a bid! I would be very inteested in sharing the work load with you!

I have an offer of help that can up the events to cater for a lot more to be done!

If you would like to share the workload let me know

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Feath,

thak you for saving us.
:hug:

If you are interested in some help from an old smith let me know.
I have a few event ideas that is smith related.Big surprise,huh?
:D

Regards
The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for clarification.

I will ofcourse do the work...if you are interested that is.
ICQ mess is sent.

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

feath

Just for clarification.

I will ofcourse do the work...if you are interested that is.
ICQ mess is sent.
Send it again, cause i don't see anything!

I'd like to get other opinions on the smith events - would people who are xfering to europa bring a smith? or should the events be things newbie char's can do?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey i also have a awesome event idea that includes a smithy...i share my thoughts soon with u all...a real nice event for all to participate...

K

kray2s

Dates; Sat. Oct 25th, Sun Oct 26th and Mon Oct 27th

Location; Feath's Luna house (room for 50 vendors)

people who volenteered; kray, feath, escaflowne, THP

mini events;
18th - Scavenger Hunt - win gold
19th - The Great Race - Win a grizzled mare
20th - lotto; win a rare

Times of events TBD. More than 1 may be done to cater to different time zones.

A US volenteer would be helpful.

Vendors will be placed starting 2 days before the event, and continue through event. Vendors are free.

Feath and all others really lol,

These are some events i was chatting about with people who offered help, about running had i been able to place a bid for the hosting of the festival myself.

All can still be arranged but may need a few more people to help in the officiating of some : -

1. Britannian marathon
2. A night at the "Races"
3. *contact me on this one* i dont wanna give away everything hahah

F

feath

If this keeps up, there will be enough events to keep the event open a week :)
I'll get with you THP. thanks!

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so whats the definite start date for the festival?

K

kray2s

so whats the definite start date for the festival?
As far as i am aware no bid has been accepted yet. If Thomas gives us the go ahead i will get my sword of justice and poke it up feaths bum till she gets the ball rolling ahhahahahahaha

D

DVI

for anyone who care I have decided to remain an active member of uo, albeit a significantly less active member, but one none the less.

So if anyone wishes to say hello, or needs help with anything don't hesitate to pm, or icq me 247-299-718.

Hullo Tomas Bryce!

O

of The Ring

I have 2 houses on GL but this came at a really bad time for me. of the ring, tueful hund, orc chief and I inhabit GL which would make it ideal for us to throw together events but that would be up to them to participate. The otherside of the story is I just started college and have obtained a part time job so I'm not quite sure yet if it would work out for me to host yet or not.

Is there any sort of schedule thats planned out yet? what happened to the rares council? What type of events are we going to be hosting? It may be possible for me to participate if I can figure out what I'm looking forward too ahead of time.

This is certainly great if we can host this on GL. Kratos, i am in if you want to host this. :)

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for anyone who care I have decided to remain an active member of uo, albeit a significantly less active member, but one none the less.

So if anyone wishes to say hello, or needs help with anything don't hesitate to pm, or icq me 247-299-718.

Hullo Tomas Bryce!
*kicks*

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what happened to the rares council?
really what did happen to the rares council? other than thomas and manticore, i dont even know the other people that are on it... u guys should have another election to put active people on it that wanna do stuff

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that is a long story. Maybe not that long.

The council is dead for now. DVI quit right after we started up and there was an overall general dip in enthusiasm for most of us because of the onslaught of dupes which coincided with the formation of the council. The last nail in the coffin was when only a handful of people signed up for the council wiki. I think the last person still actively fighting to make it work was Alcestis.

It is a shame but I think lot of collectors know each other better due to the process atleast. Maybe it was too much of a structured thing. Probably we should just have a loose community based around the festival for now.

F

feath

This is certainly great if we can host this on GL. Kratos, i am in if you want to host this. :)
Make a bid!

Welcome back, DVI. You were missed.

D

DVI

Thanks!

It's good in a way to be back, although I can't guarantee how long my return will last, nor how in depth my involvement will be, or even how much time I'll be willing to invest. I certainly will be around occasionally, and will be lurking on the boards more frequently, and of course I will be making an appearance at the Rares Festival once a location has been set.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we have all the bids in by, say... this Tuesday? Is that reasonable? It would be nice to have a place and time decided by Wednesday! If someone needs more time then PM me but if it is just feath and co. preparing a bid then there is no point in delaying. Lets get the ball rolling.

K

kray2s

really what did happen to the rares council? other than thomas and manticore, i dont even know the other people that are on it... u guys should have another election to put active people on it that wanna do stuff
Me Me Me ...... lol i may be a novice compared to some but i would love to play an active part in order to return thanks for some of the excellant help i have recieved from peeps in this forum :) - just getting in there quick in case there is an election hahaha

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

this should be on first page the last day of bidding for festival.
Let us bring rares festival to Europa.

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

feath

This is getting late... not sure if I'll have time to get this organized if it's a done deal.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was not sure if you, kray etc. had figured out the final plans. But yes, obviously you guys can host it.