• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Look out fake "Blizzard" mail diddle your account!

• Thread starter darrylhoward90
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

darrylhoward90

Anyone been subject to a fake email from WoW saying they've been hacked? I know I sure have!

D

DiEx80

My advice: Assume suspect until otherwise proven.

Normally a company like Blizzard would address you by saying things like "Greetings <your name & account handle>". Also they would strongly recommend going to their website in another browser and not in a hot link.

Finally: Use common sense. If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. Blizzard isn't going to just randomly select you for an investigation. Just forward the email to [email protected] and they will tell you if it is legit or not. Odds are good it is not.

Littlepie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I put my account straight onto a webpage once, ever since I've been very open to hacks, bots and other such trolls emailing me.

The advice you need to take onboard is:

1. Read the email fully. If there is grammer or spelling errors then it is NOT from blizzard
  2. Check how it was sent. Blizzard emails come from blizzard.com not yahoo or any other source.
  3. Don't click the link. Type in http://us.battle.net/wow/en and http://eu.battle.net/wow/en

Hell, some people even use just an email address for there battle.net account :) you can always just set up an account to forward the emails to a different account.

The best protection from hackers that you can ever get though is an Authenticator. I could scream my password and email address here, but you can still not get through that. :)

P

Primo202

I have similar problem before,somebody tell me what's going on?