• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Long time dexer has a question....

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently used a part of my stockpile of heritage tokens to get and finally have my own source of getting enhanced aids. 100 fountains to be exact. Now my questoin. What exactly are the benefits of them. I have been told heal more damage, better chance at rez, etc. If I have 120 healing on a char will they heal even more than what I could at 120/120??? Like I said. I never really much understood the use, just was supplied with them by the peeps I killed and decided to make sure i have a steady supply of them now. Any help appreciated.

G

They effectively add +10 Healing to your skill, eg: if you have 90 Healing you'll heal as if you have GM. They won't push your skill beyond 120, though.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

They effectively add +10 Healing to your skill, eg: if you have 90 Healing you'll heal as if you have GM. They won't push your skill beyond 120, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Guess just frees up 10 points then. Thank you.

T

Trukx

http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday94.html

Nice description from the dev team on this:

Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:

Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:

"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."

What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.

(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)

Thanks to Athos for very kindly pointing out that we'd overlooked something