• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Logging Out and Trade Window

W

Whinemaker

Hi,

Just want to see if anyone else is having the same problems as well after the latest patch.

1) When I press the "Log Out" button from the main menu, the game quits/closes/exits instead of sending me back to the log in screen.

2) For the trade window, I don't get an Okay/Accept button any more, and I just can't get the check box to work by clicking over it etc, meaning I'll have to switch client every time I want to trade something.

BTW I'm running SA Default Enhanced.

Thanks.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW I'm running SA Default Enhanced.
That skin hasn't been tested or updated since last September... and we've had some fairly significant updates to the client since then.

Do you want to keep using the SA Default Enhanced skin? And if so, what about the skin do you like? And are there other features you would want added to it?

W

Whinemaker

Sorry for the late reply...

]That skin hasn't been tested or updated since last September... and we've had some fairly significant updates to the client since then.
Yeah I just noticed that the skin hasn't been updated for a while, but a thumbs up to you guys as I never had any problems until the latest update.

]Do you want to keep using the SA Default Enhanced skin? And if so, what about the skin do you like? And are there other features you would want added to it?
If possible, yes I would like to keep using the SA Default Enhanced skin. What I like about it is just the colour scheme, really. I know pretty much everyone is using Copper, but the darker overall colour tone is just not as appealing to my eyes (and it's just purely a personal preference).

If there's anything I'd like to see as future add on's, I think they'll be:
(and for some of them, I'm just putting them down without knowing whether they're actually script-able or not)

1) A different backpack background colour (grid view). I don't remember how the default one looks like because I modded it myself to make it a bit darker and highlight better (well, probably), but my impression was that sometimes it's a little difficult to see inside a container.

2) The ability to "lock" object handles (ctrl-shift?) like the KR client used to do. I just hate how the object handles now move with the mobiles and it's just a pain when attempting to use it to drag out an HP bar. (They used to stay stationary on screen).

3) More with object handles... will it be possible to make the "stacked" ones cycle when double clicked like in the KR client? When looting corpses piled on top of one another now, I have to right click to close one before I can move to the one "below". And sometimes the right clicking doesn't register and instead makes my char move etc and it can sometimes become annoying.

4) If we can set a filter to stop certain object handles from showing up (like "blood" etc), that'd be great.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks again.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend not to use any custom UIs that change the skin of the Enhanced Client, unless you know exactly how to handle the code. You will eventually run into unpredictable problems after client patches.

W

Whinemaker

Hi,

I recommend not to use any custom UIs that change the skin of the Enhanced Client, unless you know exactly how to handle the code. You will eventually run into unpredictable problems after client patches.
If you're referring to my modding the backpack background, I didn't even touch the code. I just opened up the graphic file and painted over the bit with the grids with another colour and saved it again, that's all.