• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lockpicking training house on Siege?

G

Is there a house somewhere where one can train lockpicking from tinker made boxes of different levels?

G

With changes in the code a while back the need for LPing house is no longer needed just carry a gm box with you and LOTs of picks you will get your gains (I think)

A

absimiliard

I can get you some boxes to pick if you need.

These days all you really need is one GM box, the lower skills can be gained from public chests.

That's the most likely solution you'll find. I'm not sure anyone has a lockpicking house any more. If you find one, let me know.

Lindisfarne (THB-SP)

G

Thanks for the quick replies. =)

I read up on it and Vesper bank was suggested to start with with its level 2 chests. But once I reached 25 the gaining stopped completely. Just breaking lockpick after lockpick. I also tried other placed to pick. Not one single gain so far. (And yup, I´m not maxed out =)).

I am a GM tinker so if all I need is a GM box then I can try that.

absimiliard, if U have some lower tinker boxes I´d be happy to borrow those. =)

G

Nice!

I wandered around and found some chests that gave me gains. There´s still hope I guess. I will stick to this for a while and try Vesper bank later on.

G

My house by the Zento moongate has a complete set of public boxes on the porch and there was a bin of lockpicks for people to help themselves, but I haven't logged in to the game in a long time so not sure if there are still lockpicks in there. The sets of boxes got mixed up at one point during a move, so I am not sure which set is which skill range, but the sets by skill are still grouped together. You may have to try a couple to find out which is the right set level to practice on. The practice boxes are all inside a box on a pedestal by the trees.

-Skylark

P

prostkr

i did vesper bank to rot, one gm chest to finish it off.....i had to drop my box on the floor a few times to reset it during rot, but i box got me done.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i did vesper bank to rot, one gm chest to finish it off.....i had to drop my box on the floor a few times to reset it during rot, but i box got me done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made the rounds of the docks picking the barrels and crates, then worked the boxes in the Vesper bank along with training boxes in player houses to get to RoT. I carried a GM box I made around in my pack, and practiced on it to get my gains while resource gathering during RoT, and opened the gypsy &amp; brigand chests that spawned in the camps on Trinsic barrier island to get to GM.

-Skylark

C

Cleopatra

Sounds as though lockpicking has changed quite a bit since I did it.

I got to 36 in towns (prov. shops, barrels on docks, inn chests) then acquired a set of boxes to take me to 95 skill. For my last 5 points I went to Destard and gained them on chests there. Some of the boxes we have SHOULD be gm made, but I know we have had a few pickers who couldn't gain to gm with them, so I sent them to try the gypsy ones instead, and they gained.

@Tjalle, if you want to use the boxes we have at NEW you're welcome to, just have one of us friend you, and if anyone has a few gm boxes they could let us have to save a NEW from hunting about for them, they would be most welcome. The set we have at the house is the same one I used myself, and they fall short of getting you to gm by the 5 points.

Thanks much

G

Thanks for the replies everyone.

And Cleopatra, I will first try Skylark´s place and see how that goes. If that doesn´t work out for me then I´d be happy to use your boxes.
And about those GM boxes U need. I´d be happy to make U a bunch of those if U still need them. I´ll contact U later about them.

Tjalle