• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lockpicking] stuck at 48.1 'till 2 days

W

Windle Poons

Help! :sad3:

All went well with Lockpicking up to 48.1 when I eventually overdid on Tinkering (Skill 58 something, same Char) where I failed gaining skill and only broke picks.

So I created a new char beginning at 30 Tinkering (50 Carpentry) who made 10 locked boxes every time he gained 5 skillups (35, 40, 45, and so on) slowed down to 2 Skillsup approaching 50 Tinkering and afterwards. So I have several lockpick sets of boxes from 35 to 58 Tinkering skills.

But I am either just breaking picks or opening the boxes in first or second attempt.

I am well under skillcap (615 thereabout) and the skill is marked up.

I don't use any third party programs, only UO macroes, as a returener, I would love to have UOAM running though, but that's a minor issue ;)

I read quite a bit about lockpicking on this forum and the essay and guide as well, but I'm really confused that lockpicking all the sudden just stopped two days ago at just 48.1 while it was progressing quite well before.

Any help appreciated, I hope it wasn't tl:dr

Best Regards
Windle

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Mr. Poons, according to this training guide, you should be working on a box made by a tinker with 50 skill until 50 lockpicking. Then a 70 box from 50-70 lockpicking followed by a GM box from 70-95 lockpicking. One thing you might not know is that there is no more anti-macro code or whatever it might be called, so you only need one box each stage in your training.

Hendric

W

Windle Poons

but I was training on boxes made from 35 up to 58 (in steps of 5 or less, i.e. tinkering 35, 40, 45, 50, 52, 54, 58). No gain at all... stuck at 48.1. According to informations here i should gain in two days at least some 0.1 points in two days from 50 Tinker skill boxes, but that didn't happen.

And I do know how slow some skills gain, managed some GM Skills as a returner now and back in the days before Trammel, so it's not an impatience issue ;)

I really don't know what to do...

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may sound harsh but have you tried dying? It might be superstitious but I've heard people swear by it! I've recently trained a lockpicker and I was able to gain quite fast, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Hmmm, a myster!

Also, have you made sure you have it set to show skill gain at 0.1 instead of 1.0, as that's the default setting. Probably not the case, but you never know!

B

Ben Sherman

Recently returned myself, started with 50 LP, did tinkered boxes by a 75 tinker to 70. A Lurg paragon chest did me to 92, then I used GM boxes following the satyr around in Twisted Weald, took maybe 3 days at 8 hours a day o_O. But I did go through around 10k picks ;p

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a lot of picks! Should have found yourself a lockpicking house. Those are really helpful. You can do a forum search on your server's forum or you could ask also for the location of one.

W

Windle Poons

I'll try dying, maybe this will reset something in the game engine.
Weird thing is, I gain skill in Arms Lore and Tinkering, but not LP... *shrugs*

@Ben Sherman: I'll keep this in mind when (if ;) ) I climb the ladder in LP.

Thx mates

Edit: Ye perchance know of any Lockpicking House on Drachenfels?

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, no. I did a search and the only place I could find was from a post over two years ago, so I doubt that'd do any good.

W

Windle Poons

thought so, but thanks alot anyway, very appreciated!

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi If you can transfer to and back from sonoma.....there is a trammel guild called THB, its north of vesper I think . I went from 65 to 95 without leaving house. They have boxes that start at 70 tinkering,thats what you need. I hear you can gm off thier stuff but I am stuck @ 95 so I am here to ask that ? :>) in another post. The Guild is in Tramm and I am sure some one here can verify the location . Good luck!!

W

Windle Poons

Thank ye! Very appreciated. I'll check this out with my new char.

I think I messed some things up. I skillcapped my recent lockpick char so I could drop lockpicking about 5-7 skillpoints down to the level I used to gain skill with some boxes I still have. Still no gain...

No harm, I will make a new char for lp, the one i trained it on and isn't progressing in lp is doing really well in other skills.