• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lockpicking Houses and T-Map Libraries

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

Lord Drakelord

We still maintain the old Lock picking training house on Sonoma

House is due north of the Vesper bank, Trammel, once you cross the bridge leaving the guard zone just continue due north till you see the THB.

A

Accident

Lake Superior
1 screen north of tram yew gate
Name of house is now Mohawk Vendors

We just set up the first floor for Lockpick Training. We are new to setting up (and lockpicking) so please pm me with any suggestions to improve the Lockpick training area. Also We are working on creating some T-Map Runebooks but if anyone has some for sale (uogold only please) please pm me.

Thanks

(modified to reflect a recent relocation of the house) Now closer to the Tram Yew Gate.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The United Pirates have a well-sorted public rune library in the white chest in front of their headquarters, the Jolly Roger Inn in Trammel. In the box on top of the chest you will find runebooks to all treasure locations. We also have a box for lockpicking training.
Here's how to find us:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lake Austin's THB Chapter moved a couple months ago to the Compassion Crossroads, Trammel.

THB system books are on the first floor
Goodman's system are on the 3rd floor
Lockpicking boxes are on the roof (provided I set them up correctly after the move).

73o34' N, 50o41'E (on the road as it comes out of the west side of that funky guard/healer fort that stands above the crossroads).

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleaning out a bit and after some research found a lot of the ones in the old thread no longer exist. If you have any corrections or houses to add please feel free to do so.

Here are a few active sites that don't appear very well in amongst the jumble.

Knuckleheads Lockpicking house

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've setup a new Lockpicking House on CHESAPEAKE! I was unable to find one anywhere in Chesapeake (I checked an old thread, and found all the LP Houses gone). Here is the information:

The Lion's Den - Lockpicking House & Supplies
Directions: South of Luna - On the Road, Right Side.

I've also put up one vendor with a few items for sale.
Come by and visit!

K

kryshael

Anyone know of a lockpicking house on Pacifica by chance?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa. RAA shop south of Skara Brae at the mainland at the coast. T-map library for both facets.

The castle right north of the shop has lockpick chests at different levels and lockpick locations books. Its open to the public.

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a public Lockpicking and Rune library on Tram Pacific NE of Brit. It also has a box with 100 lesser poisoned fish steaks in it for training Taste ID if you want. I also provide a Hitching post and a Anch of Sacrafice at the entrance for those needing a Res. The LP and library have been public for well over 7 years, but may have been little known. In that time I've probably made the house Private for about 5-6 weeks total. I only make it private when re-arranging items, etc where public access would allow people to steal items. So... if it's set to Private, check back later or the next day and it should be set to public again.. again, this is very rare.

The other two attached Photo's are Pictures of HOUSE TELEPORTERS to get to/From the Castle. One picture is in Luna just NE of Luna Moongate, the other is in Tokuno Makoto-Jima just north of the moongate.

Check the Castle, There are 6 Smuggler's tool boxs set to public by the picking chests. There is also Fountain of life, cornucopia, etc set to public. Besides the free items I also have a Crystal Portal to help you get to any town.

Here's the link to Stratics Map, which uses the same numbering system as my T-Hunting Runes use.

http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml

Attachments

B

Blockhead

any lockpicking houses on Chesapeake? The Lion's Den is Private now, new owner?

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any lockpicking houses on Chesapeake? The Lion's Den is Private now, new owner?
Sorry Block, my bad - made it private for a few days to get it cleaned up and ready for sale. It's public again!

And as an aside... if anyone is interested in buying the Lions Den w/ the Lockpicking House and all decorations (even ones not placed) - shoot me a PM! I want to move this quickly.

temabes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello
I was unable to find a lockpicking house on Atlantic so I decided to make one.

Its a long haul from vesper or minoc (Trammel) but if you have a rune to sacrafice or use the (THB31) G200 T-Map Rune you would then run NE from there and follow the peninsula to the last house. It is the one that looks like an elephants snout.

The house still has a little work but the chests are in place and im makeing a bunch of Lockpicks for the vendor right now. anyways if you have any suggestions leave them on the board.
Thanks
Morninwood.

S

sayler04

On atlantic, there's a respectable lockpicking room at winterbreeze library, located in yew trammel near the sheep pens. the lockpicking room is on the second floor in the northern corner, and there's also a vendor selling lockpicks there.

T

Teiwaz

There is a LP House just south of the Vesper "Ironwood Inn" barley touching the beach named "Atlantic Lockpicking House Sponsored By The Gdk" at cord's. 51.4'N ,102.9'E and a rune to it is locked down next to the LP books at the current Goodman's Rune Library on lvl. 2 :)

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I am putting together a lockpicking room on Catskills and had a quick question. How many boxes should I have at each level? I am going to be making 30, 50, 75 and GM boxes. Would 10 of each be good?

Thanks

L

Lord Drakelord

Hello,

I am putting together a lockpicking room on Catskills and had a quick question. How many boxes should I have at each level? I am going to be making 30, 50, 75 and GM boxes. Would 10 of each be good?

Thanks
10 of each should be enough, you really don't need 100s of boxes like the old days. We just left our alone on Sonoma as it was just to much work to reduce the # of boxes, besides all was made from a player that left UO a long time ago and never returned.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On LA, when I moved the THB house from Malas to Trammel, I kept 9 boxes of 20 lockable boxes, set up in 3 stations of 60. I kept as many different makers as I could, for entire boxes.

I chose 60 as it is the optimum number for a UO Assist macro (there's a max of 200 actions in a UOA macro, and a macro for 60 would have 180 actions - plus, it's hard to comfortably fit more than 20 boxes and the keyring in one container, without some people botching their targeting).

The other training stations (for lower skill-level boxes) are either 40 or 60 boxes as well.

All the excess boxes I made available for people wanting personal boxes to train with (like in the Weald) or to set up their own library. I think the new house have over 1000 more free lockdowns/storage than the old one, at the same size.

Still overkill in number of boxes, but it will allow multiple people to train if several friends decide to train together.

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Drakelord and Basara for the info. Now all that I need to do is mark T-Map locations for Fel!

M

MoneyMaker

LP house, T-map Library (fel and tram), rune library, ToT monster spawn library. All on Legends, in tokuno, located right in front of the Zen Garden on Homare-Jima Island. House is named The Cherry Blossom.
Libraries are all on the first floor, broken into sections that are easily identifiable. The Lock-picking boxes are located on the second floor (with a book that describes how to use the boxes with the UOA program). Multiple stations, so that up too 6 people may use them at a time, without interfering with each other. (some of the boxes are still on owner only status, but will be changed next time I log in.)

We used to have a THB house that catered to the LP and T-map niche, but unfortunately (for unknown reasons) it fell years ago. Hope this info helps with anyone looking for these services on Legends.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello..
Looking for T-Map ;ibrary on Great Lakes...

Thank you..

nvm i found one at 52,38 s / 00,59 E

its below the edge maze some...

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Pacific Lockpicking House and T-Map Libraries

I have a public Lockpicking and Rune library on Tam pacific NE of Brit. It also has a box with 100 lesser poisoned fish steaks in it for training Taste ID if you want. I also provide a Hitching post and a Anch of Sacrafice at the entrance for those needing a Res. The LP and library have been public for well over 7 years, but may have been little known. In that time I've probably made the house Private for about 5-6 weeks total. I only make it private when re-arranging items, etc where public access would allow people to steal items. So... if it's set to Private, check back later or the next day and it should be set to public again.. again, this is very rare.

The other two attached Photo's arePictures ofRunes to get to the Castle. One picture is in Luna just NE of Luna Moongate, the other is in Tokuno Makoto-Jima just north of the moongate.

Here's the link to Stratics Map, which uses the same numbering system as my T-Hunting Runes use.

http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml
Thank you for sharing this!! It is soooo helpful.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Pacific Lockpicking House and T-Map Libraries

I've done some work on the runelibraries now, but not the lockpicking houses.
Are there any actual lockpick training houses which don't also contain a rune library?