• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Llama Festival Storytelling 2nd Place (Silver Llama Statue) ***SOLD***

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* * *​

UPDATE: Now auctioning the 1 of a kind llama statue described in the thread below. The auction will end Friday, November 19th, 10:00pm EST. Minimum is 50mil. There is no buyout. The sale will take place on the Atlantic shard. I'm not a rares collector so I don't transfer shards often. I don't have much collateral for very large bids so a broker will probably be needed. Either post your bid in this thread or pm me. Thanks for bidding.

SOLD: NewThunder 350m

Previous Bids:
blueturtle 330m
NewThunder 320m
blueturtle 315m
NewThunder 310m
blueturtle 305m
NewThunder 300m
NewThunder 285m
blueturtle 135m
Fraggle 125m
blueturtle 115m
Manticore 105m
blueturtle 100m

* * *​

Rarity: Unique. 1 of a kind.
Back Story: One of the events for the Atlantic Llama Festival was a story telling event. All participants are called up to the stage one at a time. They receive a bag with 2 items and have 30 seconds to think about how they're going to incorporate them into the story. They then have 3 minutes to tell their story.
More than Deco?: If you double click it it shoots of dozens of fireworks charges off in an area effect type deal. When I double-clicked it, it shot 49 fireworks. It also re-charges VERY slowly. I also don't know what the maximum charges are yet. There's a locked down version of the statue on the stage where the event took place and it just keeps going up.
Anything Else?: I can provide the original bag with the original 2 items used in my story. (There's nothing special about those items.) I can also provide a copy of a version of the story that won 2nd place for the event. (If anyone is interested in that stuff.)

I've already been asked by 6 people if I'm selling, but I haven't made up my mind yet. How much do you think it's worth?

:fight:

edit: I should say that the mark on the trophy is unique to the Storytelling event, but there are 4 other events and the prizes should all be similar llama statues. The bronze one did nothing, the silver one shot all the fireworks (charges), and the gold displays a flamestrike animation on you (no charges).

Luedeus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Atlantic Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up

Id say its worth nothing
just give it to me :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

what? seriously Chad where is the First place prize? ok well congrats. I know you seriously deserve this Priceless article......

:)

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

what? seriously Chad where is the First place prize? ok well congrats. I know you seriously deserve this Priceless article......

:)
I was beat by a guy named "The Llama King."

Go figure.

:cursing:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Oh My Gosh! Clearly that is cheating. Wait your a thief... Shouldn't you have it anyway? I feel a serious new Chad story comming on.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is there a 3rd place?

Any other items from the other events on Atlantic?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is there a 3rd place?

Any other items from the other events on Atlantic?
Yes, it was a bronze llama statue that was just deco.

I think it's just the Llama Festival that's going on over the weekend. It's a total of 5 (different) events and I think it's just 3 llama statues from each (3rd, 2nd, and 1st).

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im sry Chad. I won first place. The statue i got does a flamestrike when dbl clicked, unlimited charges.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up:

A llama saved my life.
A story of bravery, romance, betrayal, heartbreak, and survival.

by Chad Sexington​

It was a dark and stormy night. *waves hands around mysteriously* The wind was howling and the thunder was cracking. Something was in the air and I should have seen it coming. Why, OH WHY didn’t I see it coming. So there I was having dinner with my wife, Mrs. Sexington. The table was set and the food smelled delicious. Something outside was scratching the window. –But wait! Doesn’t she know that I can’t eat dinner without throwing up if I didn’t have my lucky longsword with me? I ask her to get it from the bedroom for me and she gladly agrees. (She’s so good to me. I don’t deserve her.) I’m alone now and the scratching is getting louder. She returns and we’re ready to eat. –But wait! How am I supposed to eat without my favorite kilt? She gladly goes to the bedroom a second time and again, the scratches keep getting louder. She returns with a bag in her hand and a look of confusion on her face. Again, the scratches get even louder. What could it be? Was it a monster? Werewolf? Pk’s with fabulous neon clothes? The look of confusion now turns into disgust. From confusion to disgust and now anger, she finally speaks, “Is this… WOMAN’S UNDERPANTS!?!?” I jump out of my seat and fling open the front door. I hop onto the noisy llama and ride off into the night. And THAT was the day a llama saved my life.

* * *​

Items: Longsword & Kilt

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I :heart: Chad!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

wow, on my shard they just give you a plaque in the rewards hall for winning those types of events

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

wow, on my shard they just give you a plaque in the rewards hall for winning those types of events
Yeah, I guess I should update this thread.

So... it turns out the EM wasn't really supposed to do this.

There were 2 events yesterday and there were supposed to be 3 events today. The first event yesterday got trolled by griefers. (It was a llama herding event and everyone was killing the llamas.) So no one got anything for that. The storytelling one went for 2 hours because there were so many people telling stories, but it finished.

Today the first event got canceled because of "problems with EA" and "lots of events on a lot of shards got canceled today." The 2nd event was a llama vortex summoning race. When it was over, everyone assembled and the EM told everyone that he wasn't going to give out statues after all and that he wasn't supposed to give them out yesterday. And then the 3rd event today was also canceled.

So let's see:

1st event: Griefed and canceled.
2nd event: Completed and llama statues given.
3rd event: Canceled/Rescheduled
4th event: Completed and no rewards given.
5th event: Canceled/Rescheduled

If my math is right... that means the 3 statues (bronze, silver, and gold) are unique items.

(I guess no one has posted a price because no one really knows.)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would guess around 200-300m.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

highest offer I have received for the 1st place Llama is 300 but honestly it is hard to put a price on this type of item. Winning a contest and having a trophy on display in your home to show off is priceless IMO.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

* * *​

I've decided to sell the statue (along with a copy of the "award winning" story, if interested).

I'll update this thread in the next few days, changing it into an auction thread. You can leave bids here if you want, but until I make the changes it's still a price check thread. Also note that all proceeds will go towards a good cause. It will be used to fund and establish Team Newb. Do your part -- bid high -- and help make Felucca a safer place. Make red vs. blue matter again and support the movement back into Felucca for all normal, law abiding citizens.

*serious face*
* * *​

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

* * *​

I've decided to sell the statue (along with a copy of the "award winning" story, if interested).

I'll update this thread in the next few days, changing it into an auction thread. You can leave bids here if you want, but until I make the changes it's still a price check thread. Also note that all proceeds will go towards a good cause. It will be used to fund and establish Team Newb. Do your part -- bid high -- and help make Felucca a safer place. Make red vs. blue matter again and support the movement back into Felucca for all normal, law abiding citizens.

*serious face*
* * *​

I like the cause --- let me know how the bids go and i'll see what I can do as well to help.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Atlantic Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up (Llama Statue)

* * *​

UPDATE: Now auctioning the 1 of a kind llama statue described in the thread above. The auction will end Friday 10:00pm EST. Minimum is 50mil. There is no buyout. The sale will take place on the Atlantic shard. I'm not a rares collector so I don't transfer shards often. Either post your bid in this thread or pm me. Thanks for bidding.

* * *​

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Atlantic Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up (Llama Statue)

100 mil.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Re: Atlantic Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up (Silver Llama Sta

the fact that Chad Sexington won and owns this in itself is a premium. The legends around this character and the fact you recieve a copy of the story are priceless.

Seriously folks. Just my two cents worth.

Duane I Am

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Atlantic Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up (Silver Llama Sta

Ooops did not know that. Is that a no no to offer cash?

F

Fraggles

i just know you cant do cash offers on this fourm but i suppose you can pm the seller or icq or somthing

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Stratics Rules of Conduct

P. Player to player transactions selling in game virtual items for real life currency are prohibited from being promoted or advertised on our network.

I should also add that Stratics RoC applies to private messages.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

100$ Cash In Fist!!
See, that's where you need to go back in and delete this post about it. Just so you don't get a hit for keeping it posted. This way when the person holding the auction cancels the auction because a "private bid" agreement was taken it does not throw them in a possible bad light.

Just my .02 tho

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

See, that's where you need to go back in and delete this post about it. Just so you don't get a hit for keeping it posted. This way when the person holding the auction cancels the auction because a "private bid" agreement was taken it does not throw them in a possible bad light.

Just my .02 tho
I just want gold.

I'm actually serious about how the gold is going to be spent. There are Fel Yew houses that need to be claimed, possible item bless deeds that need to be bought, and blessed supplies that need to be horded for potential new members. If all goes well, Felucca on Atlantic will much a much safer (and hilarious) place to live.

:spider:

F

Fraggles

Haha that sounds awsome!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Llama Festival Storytelling 2nd Place (Silver Llama Statue) Ends Tonight 10:00pm

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Llama Festival Storytelling 2nd Place (Silver Llama Statue) Ends Tonight 10:00pm

Auction ends in about 5 1/2 hours. And just to follow up something I said in the OP, I have no idea what are the maximum charges on the statue is. There are two statues, the one I have, and the one that's locked down on display on the stage and the charges just keep going up and up and up:

Mine:

Stage:

300? 400? 999? Infinity?

I'm kind of curious myself. To whoever ends up with it, please post an update whenever it stops.

:popcorn:

edit: I'm home now and I'll be home all night until the auction ends, so I'll be trying to contact you immediately.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

small hijack here ~ I won't be bidding on the item, but some points along the way struck me, and altho I think we've had this conversation before I will plunge ahead anyway :)

first of all, Chad, good luck with your sale, but I've got to say there's no way I'd give up an item like that.... in particular I would not give it up to see it leave the shard it was given on (sorry Manti, but you know how I am about transferring treasures off their home shard)

second, this whole business about EMs not being allowed to create items such as the llamas....... why the heck not? why is this different from the deer masks that dropped on Legends just last nite? how are they more special than the Fourth of July staffs given out on every shard that produce the same effect? (yes, I know about the charges and all, that's just a number) and if the argument is that it's because of the graphic it's a weak argument at best

EMs should be given free reign to use any type of graphic .. ... properties of wearables, yes, I see problems there and that should not be allowed, but for deco items? where's the harm, what could possibly be the danger in lots of deco?

kay, got it out of my system :)

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

High bid is 105m to Manticore. Less than 4 hours left.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

F

Fraggles

125m

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Last call.

Auction ends in 30 minutes.

:popcorn:

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And I don't know if there are people just waiting for the last second like ebay or not. But that gets kind of silly.

If it's a minute or 2 off or a string of bids, I'll just call it at the end.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

N

NewThunder

285 mil

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

135 to 285 lol, thats one helluva jump

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yeah no kidding

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My clock says 10:00pm.

Going once.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Going twice.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

by forum time u got 2 min

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

9:58 by stratics clock :p

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

can we extend this auction a little while please i would have bid sooner but you dont answer your icq and stratics had a database error while i was creating this account
This auction thread has been up for over 72 hours, sorry.

N

NewThunder

300 mil

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

N

NewThunder

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

N

NewThunder