• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Living in the Now

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

"Living in the Now" means living with the realities of life; with all it's cuts and bruises, as well as it's flowers and kisses.
Sugar-coated platitudes are disappointments looking for a place to roost.

By all means enjoy the good stuff, but always be aware of the bad stuff that may be sneaking up on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with you Donavan.
I don't think living in the now has any connection to "always being aware of the bad stuff that may be sneaking up on you".

If I am "aware" as you say, I am in a way expecting bad things to happen, based on my past experiences and my fears for what the future may hold. By doing this I am influencing those bad things to happen.

We are constantly communicating. Our body language and energy is communication on a sub concious level, and things we say or write on the boards is direct communication.
The things we communicate will influence others.

But it is difficult to explain what I mean, although I think there might be people who see these words and find something in there that is of use to them.
There will also be a lot of people who consider it to be mindless drivel.
It's all in the way you read it, and where you are personally.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am aware that you don't agree. That is your priviledge.
But, to ignore the negative possibilities means not preparing for them, and lack of preparation can be devastating.
Don't, for a single moment, believe that "Bad things don't happen to nice people." There is little in life that we have complete control over - other people's decisions and actions *do* have an influence on our lives - sometimes a very important influence, and it's not always 'positive'.
Accepting the possibilities, recognizing the potential, and preparing for the unexpected, can often lessen the impact.
Look at the world around you - it is filled with sleazeballs who are more than happy to take advantage of that "nice kid", "nice couple", "nice old lady", etc.
I'm not saying lock yourself up in your house and hide away - just take a few precautions.
An umbrella in the rain is better than nothing. (which doesn't exist, according to Dali.)

[/ QUOTE ]

'Living in the now' doesn't have anything to do with being naively positive, unawareness or ignorance of the ways of the world; quite the contrary. I think it's too big a concept to merely dismiss this way, before even looking into what it actually means.

But since it has 'the power' to cause so many dismissive reactions - maybe it would be an idea to actually investigate further?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

All this makes me wonder, like the saying " tomorrow never comes".
Does it?, lets wait til tomorrow and see if it does.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it doesn't. Cuz when it gets here it's "today".

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I knew you were going to say that.
But what if you think back to having said that yesterday, does today then become tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
No no no. Pay attention.
'Tomorrow' becomes 'today', today' becomes 'yesterday', but nothing becomes 'tomorrow'.
Although - tomorrow today, is tomorrow, but tomorrow yesterday, was the day after tomorrow, and tomorow tomorrow, will be today.

I don't wanna get into the whole "yesterday" and "next week" thing until I have a few beers.

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think that people connecting live life quotes to TSO need a reality check. I'm sorry but this is a game not a lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game played by real people - and wherever you go, so should your 'life-style' or rather your attitude and approach to life. I believe that is what Nikky was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if my life style is polygamy, I should protray that in tso too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets start a compound in tso. Can I be one of your 20 wives?

Edit: I know I'm off topic. The shame is killing me... *bends over for spanking*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am aware that you don't agree. That is your priviledge.
But, to ignore the negative possibilities means not preparing for them, and lack of preparation can be devastating.
Don't, for a single moment, believe that "Bad things don't happen to nice people." There is little in life that we have complete control over - other people's decisions and actions *do* have an influence on our lives - sometimes a very important influence, and it's not always 'positive'.
Accepting the possibilities, recognizing the potential, and preparing for the unexpected, can often lessen the impact.
Look at the world around you - it is filled with sleazeballs who are more than happy to take advantage of that "nice kid", "nice couple", "nice old lady", etc.
I'm not saying lock yourself up in your house and hide away - just take a few precautions.
An umbrella in the rain is better than nothing. (which doesn't exist, according to Dali.)

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is that expecting bad things in the future, is a negation to the concept of living in the now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

All this makes me wonder, like the saying " tomorrow never comes".
Does it?, lets wait til tomorrow and see if it does.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it doesn't. Cuz when it gets here it's "today".

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I knew you were going to say that.
But what if you think back to having said that yesterday, does today then become tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
No no no. Pay attention.
'Tomorrow' becomes 'today', today' becomes 'yesterday', but nothing becomes 'tomorrow'.
Although - tomorrow today, is tomorrow, but tomorrow yesterday, was the day after tomorrow, and tomorow tomorrow, will be today.

I don't wanna get into the whole "yesterday" and "next week" thing until I have a few beers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, then today is Thursday, tomorrow is Friday, if tomorrow is always today then it will always be Thursday.
No wait a minute, better we have a few more beers and wait til Saturday, if it's always going to be today, I want it to be Saturday.

G

Excellent point I pick Saturday for everyday, but wait then I have to work weekends which I refuse to do...

W

Wizuss

<blockquote><hr>

Go forth and multiply!

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Are you telling us all to go &lt;expletive deleted&gt; ourselves?

*eyes NikiKing suspiciously*

G

WTG, beautiful post
Are you an inspirational speaker in rl? hehehe
Happy Thursday

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Go forth and multiply!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Creed84

Just because one remembers the past, does not mean one is living in the past.

To ignore the past means one is doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Hindsight means you have the care in the "now" to see your mistakes and learn from them, foresight means you have the care in the "now" to see what ramifications the actions in the "now" will have in the future.

Just living in the now makes one susceptible to being hit from behind from something ignored from the past and being crushed from an event in the future.

Feedback has been asked for about the game, feedback has been given. Just because the feedback did not stroke one's ego does not mean the feed back was not honest nor credible. It is a negative because you did not like it. Not because it was not honest and not credible. How feedback is handled is not only determined by the attitude of those who give it, but also by the attitude of those who receive it. Nothing will ever change that. Perfect example is the story, The Emporer's New Clothes.:

An emperor who cares too much about clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest suit of clothes from the most beautiful cloth. This cloth, they tell him, is invisible to anyone who was either stupid or not fit for his position. The Emperor is nervous about being able to see the cloth himself so he sends his ministers to view it. Being the sheep that they are and afraid of not impressing the Emporer; they see nothing yet praise the cloth. When the swindlers report a suit of clothes has been fashioned, the Emperor allows himself to be dressed in their creation for a procession through town. It spreads through the towns folk that if one can not see the clothes, that person is stupid and they are unfit to gaze upon the garments. Being the sheep that they are and afraid of their impression to the Emporer; they claim to see the garments and praise them, eventhough they see nothing but a naked emporer. During the course of the procession, it takes the truly honest nature of a child to say the Emporer had no clothes on. The townspeople then felt foolish and shed their sheep clothing and saw the Emporer with no clothes on. They did not stone the child, they did not tell the child she was wrong when she was correct.The only fool still standing was the Emporer as he still continued the procession with the townfolk laughing at him all along the way.

Honest answers will always be the best answers, honesty can only happen when there is respect. So honestly, somethings we had in the past need to be brought back to the now and kept for the future.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just because one remebers the past, does not mean one is living in the past.

To ignore the past means one is doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Hindsight means you have the care in the "now" to see your mistakes and learn from them, foresight means you have the care in the "now" to see what ramifications the actions in the "now" will have in the future.

Just living in the now makes one susceptible to being hit from behind from something ignored from the past and being crushed from an event from he future.

Feedback has been asked for about the game, feedback has been given. Just because the feedback did not stroke one's ego does not mean the feed back was not honest nor credible. It is a negative because you did not like it. Not because it was not honest and not credible. How feedback is handled is not only determined by the attitude of those who give it, but also by the attitude of those who receive it. Nothing will ever change that. Perfect example is the story, The Emporer's New Clothes.:

An emperor who cares too much about clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest suit of clothes from the most beautiful cloth. This cloth, they tell him, is invisible to anyone who was either stupid or not fit for his position. The Emperor is nervous about being able to see the cloth himself so he sends his ministers to view it. Being the sheep that they are and afraid of not impressing the Emporer; they see nothing yet praise the cloth. When the swindlers report a suit of clothes has been fashioned, the Emperor allows himself to be dressed in their creation for a procession through town. It spreads through the towns folk that if one can not see the clothes, that person is stupid and they are unfit to gaze upon the garments. Being the sheep that they are and afraid of their impression to the Emporer; they claim to see the garments and praise them, eventhough they see nothing but a naked emporer. During the course of the procession, it takes the truely honest nature of a child to say the Emporer had no clothes on. The townspeople then felt foolish and shed their sheep clothing and saw the Emporer with no clothes on. They did not stone the child, they did not tell the child she was wrong when she was correct.The only fool still standing was the Emporer as he still continued the proccession with the townfolk laughing at him all along the way.

Honest answers will always be the best answers, honesty can only happen when there is respect. So honestly, somethings we had in the past need to be brought back to the now and kept for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
good post creed

G

You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold.
That is how important you are!
-Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

G

<blockquote><hr>

so many people complain like their real life is dependent on this game. it's really sad. i'm not saying Niki is one of those people.. but if you need quotes to get you through your sim day.. idk..

[/ QUOTE ]

Some folks are not here just for the game. EA Land is a creative outlet for artists. To them "their bliss" in everyday life may depend on it. Just as a mountain climber likes to climb. Artist don't need quotes, they are merely alerted to the poetry and are grateful for it's existence. Poetry inspires artists.

The 21st century brought universal communication online for many to express their "idea of art," which they need to feel fulfilled as an artist.

We are not in the game here on stratics, this is a discussion about the game and what may or may not go on in the game. I don't find any of this sad, I find it powerful because so many are expressing themselves in a way that has never been done before in the world, I find it Exciting!

^Hi - 5 to all you artists out there!

I

imported_MattelMichele

Well said! I have avoided reading /posting at tso stratics for that very reason.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Go forth and multiply!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I know of few species of animals that are capable of doing that sort of thing; fewer still capable of procreating from such.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Go forth and multiply!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I know of few species of animals that are capable of doing that sort of thing; fewer still capable of procreating from such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out of my head, it is a dangerous place. I saw this posted about a half hour ago but was determined not to bring it back up to the top by pointing out what should have been obvious that doing 'that' to ones self would not be multiplying anything....not even that one person's intelligence be it above average or below average. To multiply she would have been, if anything, telling us to &lt;deleting expletive the same way Wizz did&gt; each other and everybody knows sex increases happiness, so what if she was?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, then today is Thursday, tomorrow is Friday, if tomorrow is always today then it will always be Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]
See? Now, was that so hard???

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
See? Now, was that so hard???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey it's not Saturday yet, and I haven't had enough beer.
I don't want to be stuck in Thursday, although it's Friday here.
Is it still Thursday where you are, and if so does that mean I am living in your tomorrow.
Wow this is confusing, better start on the whisky.

G

TTL

When did the subject of this thread become procreation? hehehe

G

Awesome post! I think this message board needed a positive statement like that

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

When did the subject of this thread become procreation? hehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

*points at Katheryne, then giggles, ducks and <font color="red"> ZOOMS </font>, thanking God for wheels and a charged motor*

S

SammiiBeta

"On the other hand, any one of us could win the lottery or inherit a fortune from the aunt who got hit by a bus."

Let it be me.. Pleeaaseee let it be me who wins the lottery or well I dont want my aunt hit by a bus so Let it beeee meee who wins lottery