• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Live content plz.....plz sooner... rather than the 5 minutes u gave us

G

Well i was hoping for some Maginca style content and ...NOT!!! the 5 minute quest/event we got and a bit of pvm fighting in dungeons to get choco ingredients to make choco that we have been already given by the bucket load on vals day....

Thoughts plz ... or am i being very greedy.....

G

The funny thing is people are more concerned with whether or not this or that is the reason for UO's lousy subscriber base and the key is really the amount of content and attention it gets. Whether it's pvp or pvm there is nothing. 2 years go by and no content worth speaking about. This has got to change.

B

Babble

I thought it was just something in between for fun?

I mean I could set up scavenger hunts on any shard with 20 minutes of preparation.

G

The latest scavanger hunt would have took lees than 20 mins to set up... and less than 2-3 minutes to complete.... we need some meaty style maginca ingame content.....alas we get tomake some chocolate...jeepers... txs

G

*begins chant*

We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!

B

Babble

EA has 3-4 different spawn systems.

Setting them up might take 2-4 days max. depending what they have in mind.
Maybe they are out of ideas?

G

*looks at brand new client*
*looks at list of invasions and events over the past two years*
*looks at list of publishes*

not all went perfectly, but I think you and I have slightly different definitions of "nothing"

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually between crafting fixes/changes and the new dragons - UO has been extremely busy this past weekend.

That is a good sign and a step in the right direction.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The funny thing is people are more concerned with whether or not this or that is the reason for UO's lousy subscriber base and the key is really the amount of content and attention it gets. Whether it's pvp or pvm there is nothing. 2 years go by and no content worth speaking about. This has got to change.

[/ QUOTE ]
/Double Signed

G

Yeah, there actually has been a lot of content added, but the key for them is to keep it going. The biggest faux pas of the new client is it took away from the live content.

B

Babble

Turn in systems should be very easy content.
The systems are there, just take some time or ask some volunteers to copy/paste some code for you.

G

We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!
We want a turn in!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

or am i being very greedy.....

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">imho.... yes </font>

I

imported_raider red

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

or am i being very greedy.....

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">imho.... yes </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

yes,but greed is good.Just look at all the wonderful sites that have been built of of man's(or woman's).Mans Greed for instant get-rich-quick-from-mining for gold in California created the City of san fransisco which is one of the most historically beautiful citys of the world (depsite the drug/homosexuality of the haight and ashbury region) with one of the most magnificent Bridges of our time,the Golden Gate Bridge,Or take al ook at Las Vegas,That city was soley built on man's greed for More,more fun more money more excitement, more whatever.

SO LONG LIVE GREED.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*looks at brand new client*

[/ QUOTE ]
A client is not content. They screwed the pooch on the client when they officially released it. I have no problem with the new client(don't use yet) but it's not going anywhere until there is KR only content to make people use it. Simple enough.

<blockquote><hr>

*looks at list of invasions and events over the past two years*

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean the unfinished stories and plots? Some of which were over in a night? I'll admit that I was at many of these and some were worth the title of content but they pale in comparison to an actual expansion as one would expect of the current MMO genre. Invasions are not expansions.

<blockquote><hr>

*looks at list of publishes*

[/ QUOTE ]
How many of those didn't pertain to content? Numerous.

I'll backtrack and say my use of the word nothing might have been over-dramatic but the content and publishes added in the past 2+ years are not MMO industry standard.

I know many people are happy with some parts of the past 2 years but I pay attention to other games(because none of my rl friends will play uo for various reasons) and they surpass UO in so many ways. UO offers me more than those other games but I do see the green grass over there and every time I see one of their massive expansions with months of available content I wonder why UO can't do something similar. The fact is people have become confortable with the UO status quo and that is something I see far too often. The tidbits we are strung along with are not enough to keep our younger players with us. The ones who continue are those with a fondness for the UO title/franchise and those with too many friends/stuff/time to leave behind.

G

from the sticky a letter from live
<blockquote><hr>

New Content: UO thrives on new content. Britannia was designed as a world, and everything we add to it, permanent or no, leads it further along that path. We’re not only excited about the coming event arcs, but also just the fun, interesting things we can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

when does this start?

G

the problem is, I reactivated my account for the new content that will be coming, but if it takes more than a month I feel like I would have wasted my money and will again de-activate my account. I am sure other people feel this way too.

I feel like I'm getting strung along again, anybody remember SA and KR?

promises and promises but no follow through.

G

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from. The disruption of the big "The Shattering" story arc really upset me.

I'm just mean to say that creating a new client was a massive, massive undertaking and because it had such a painful beta, it consumed all the resources around it and has pushed out SA (which looks like it was intended to be the centerpiece of new content) somewhere off into the murky unforeseeable future.

What we're seeing now is a return to focusing on live content - nagging bugs, tweaking, preparing events of various scales of ambition. I can't say I have a good sense of the resources available to work on the game, but my read of the tea leaves is that UO has survived the worst of the fallout of last year.

However, I think the real test of how serious the revival is will come when/if WAR is released. Will EA decide to try to cannibalize its older customer base to achieve critical mass in the latest and greatest tech or will UO and DaoC be the "birds in the hand" that it will want to preserve or even expand against the fickle loyalties and untested costs of the next generation of games? I wouldn't dare hazard a guess, but I do see it as the next turning point. edit: oops, forget the critical mass part

G

<blockquote><hr>

...2 years go by and no content...

[/ QUOTE ]That is so patently false that I wonder why I'm even feeling the need to call you on it.

Now, if by 'no content' you mean 'no expansions with silly new names released' then I think you may be correct. I blame the Mythic merger, the move across the country, and the long lists of quits, fires, &amp; hires that went along with them. Otherwise, we might be exploring the abyss right now. Well, stuff happens - and they have a business to run. EA wants to keep the numbers on the P&amp;L Reports from turning red. Is that sad? In a way. Is that expected? By me, it is.<blockquote><hr>

I'll backtrack and say my use of the word nothing might have been over-dramatic but the content and publishes added in the past 2+ years are not MMO industry standard.

[/ QUOTE ]Noted. My thoughts stand, as they weren't only in direct reply to you.