• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little Help With Shard Choosing Please

S

Skv012a

Hey everyone, I'm coming back to UO and was wondering what are the best shards for USA's East Coast in terms of lag(if it matters at all)? Thanks!

T

Tazar

All of the east coast shards are located in the same place so there should be no difference in lag whatever east coast shard you choose.

If you want population, go to Altantic. I am not sure which is emptiest if you want room to yourself...

S

Skv012a

Might just stay in Atl. Why are prices so screwed up by the way? Are there ANY crafters left or just rich and lazy folk?

T

Tazar

The economy has been suffering from hyper-inflation for ages, but recent attempts to stop that trend is causing more turmoil as things try to adjust. I hope it will settle down soon!

Regarding crafters: It seems that most everyone has a crafter, but they are more special use characters now rather than everyday characters. Sadly, the days of sitting at the blacksmith shop doing repairs and taking craft-orders are long gone. But there are still many helpful people out there! If you need something made, ask around Brit bank, or post here and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Personally, I think your choice of Atlantic for a shard is the best choice! (although I admit to being somewhat biased!!!!!) lol

S

Skv012a

Well is most sought gear made or found/enhanced these days? Thats what I'm pointing at.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Atlantic!

How to gear up depends alot on your play style.

If you are a PvM warrior class you will find most wear arties of one form or another to make their suit. The only exceptions being sleeves and sometimes gloves.
What with all the Tunics, Legs, Hats/Glasses, Collars, and even Gloves out there that have uber mods and resists, crafting a piece to fit can be a lotto game.
The same can almost be said for the mage classes, with the exception being some LRC pieces needing to be crafted. But with the runic kit changes these aren't too difficult anymore.

If you are into PvP the pieces you are looking for are more along the crafted line. But it is very individual as to finding the piece that will fit your suit and give you the mods you seek.

It isn't that the crafters are lazy..Not at all. It is that once a good piece is FINALLY made after burning several kits, (or enhancing a nice piece without breaking it..*rolls the dice*), the piece may sit on a vendor for months eating vendor fees until the person that needs that exact piece comes along to purchase it. To sell it the player needs to either have a Luna Vendor or be very diligent in advertizing their shop to keep the customers returning so hopefully the pieces will sell. They can also post the pieces for sale on the boards, or spam at Brit bank..either way it may not sell. Even though it is an excellent piece the crafter may find him or herself tossing it in a chest at some point, using it themselves, or giving it to a friend.

There are some very nice people on Atlantic. Tazar's suggestion to ask around at the banks is a good one. Ask in New Haven or Brit and I am sure someone will help you gear up with little or no cost so you can start your adventures.

Be Safe

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone, I'm coming back to UO and was wondering what are the best shards for USA's East Coast in terms of lag(if it matters at all)? Thanks!
Forget the production shards. Play Siege...you'll never look back...la

T

Tazar

You gotta be kidding... You'll always be watching your back... rofl

L

Limlight

Forget the production shards. Play Siege...you'll never look back...la
This is only true once you guys get ROT fixed.

No one wants to make an account and pay 10.00 a month for 6 months...which is how long it will take most people to make a character worth doing anything with. Maybe even longer!

Not to mention...not being able to recall is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen.

I understand and agree with almost every rule set Siege has.

2 things need fixing:

ROT
Recalling should be allowed...why have the spell Recall and Sanctum Viatus.

The recalling issue is one I am surprised more have not complained about.
Being able to recall would create more traffic everywhere.

S

Skv012a

Well I tanked my adv char on Atl and I think I'll stay, try to realize my dreams once again. Any help welcome, altho I doubt some of you will be able to/would even bother. I want to make a small/medium player city somewhere and then help newbies and run various fun events.