• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little Confused about a couple things

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok first is the wall safe, says you can use it to do offline transactions, how excatly does that work and why or how would you do offline transaction?
second is the skill mastery books, do i need to do the quest to use them? i see people selling them everywhere but not goin to spend the money if i cant use them, the quest i got is to kill dread horn and yea as a mage thats not goin to happen.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not sure about the mastery books, but a previous thread about the wall safe may answer some of your questions (some of the posts in that thread really helped me understand it):

http://stratics.com/threads/wall-safe-busted.352171/#post-2604416

The wall safe deed is easily constructed by a tinker and acts like any other add-on. It enables you to move gold from your bank into a "secure" account. From that secure account, you can transfer the amount you've chosen to anyone who has access to your house.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
ok first is the wall safe, says you can use it to do offline transactions, how excatly does that work and why or how would you do offline transaction?
second is the skill mastery books, do i need to do the quest to use them? i see people selling them everywhere but not goin to spend the money if i cant use them, the quest i got is to kill dread horn and yea as a mage thats not goin to happen.
My understanding is that you don't need to do the quest to use them, the quest gives you a primer. The book used is the same one for the bard masteries, and it is fairly easy to get (people were giving them away). The Primers are something different, and I think that is what you see people selling - Those come from champ spawns, scalis etc. as drops sort of like power scrolls. There are three levels for each skill mastery, and you will need to eat a primer to use them

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah well at least your not a peace tamer tasked with killing Travesty... like that'll happen.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lolll, maybe they should hard code what you have to kill to reflect the mastery instead of doing random bosses

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My mage got Twaulo of the Glade, also as if. Done that spawn ONCE since it came in, not gonna do it ever again. So far this whole thing is disappointing, not so much with the stuff put in but in the process to actually get it. I don't want to be forced to do stuff that I never wanted to do in the first place. It is like rather than put in something different to do they basically are making people rehash old content just to progress with the new. Is there any need to actually 'do' any of these quests to kill old boss monsters? Or can I just log my bard in get a bunch of books and hand em off to my other chars? Then just get the mastery primers as drops?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm missing for gaining in Spirituality... shouldn't I be gaining it? I must be missing a step.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Anyone tested after we got it on all shards, if a Mastery Book claimed of someone else will work? We had one on Siege, who was getting the message, he did not have the spell, but he had both the skill on char and eat the mastery scroll for the skill.
I hope I don't have to do the quest to get the book as I'm busy rebuilding rebuilding my 2 castles

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone tested after we got it on all shards, if a Mastery Book claimed of someone else will work? We had one on Siege, who was getting the message, he did not have the spell, but he had both the skill on char and eat the mastery scroll for the skill.
I hope I don't have to do the quest to get the book as I'm busy rebuilding rebuilding my 2 castles
Think you have to right click on the book and "change" mastery.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Think you have to right click on the book and "change" mastery.
He said he did that too, so all I want to know is, if anyone can give book to an other account. I understand mastery scrolls will only work for the char, who eat them, but can he use the gook, if he did not do any of the quests to get the book?

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got a book from a bard and it works for me

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I can see if the Hawkwind quest was necessary to activate mastery skills, but as it stands it's only to GET a book..which a bard can easily do on the peacemaking quest..which is why I spammed it like 35 times to get everyone books.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did Hawkwind's quest for taming yesterday. Got Lady Mel (on siege!). Friend helped me get Saliva and off we went, when we killed her the taming mastery dropped in my pack with the mastery book. I ate the taming mastery, clicked the book to change mastery to taming, and was able to use them. So that process seemed to work.

I also did the turtle spawn without Hawkwind's quest, and got a mysticism book. So that settled to work as well. Just my two cents.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok so i ate a book for animal taming mastery, i got the message saying ,you feel a surge of magic as the scroll enhances your animal tame mastery, ok so how do i access my mastery? i cant seem to find it anywhere, the patch notes say your access the context menu on the mastery book, but the book went poof when i used it

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the patch notes say your access the context menu on the mastery book, but the book went poof when i used it
The "Primer" book that you consumed is not the same thing as the "Book of Masteries". You also need a "Book of Masteries" which you will receive as reward completing Hawkwind's quest or one of the Bard mastery quests.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The mastery looks like a book, when thou eat it it will go away. There is a second book which has ask your mastery options. It drops when you complete Hawkwinds quest or when bars complete their mastery (like peacemaking). By clicking on THIS book, you can select which mastery path to use, and it contains all the spells.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Excuse the messiness of my backpack :)

The Mastery Book is just like the one Bards have gotten, now it contains all the mastery skills.

upload_2015-10-9_11-5-19.png

The primers ( on the right) are like power scrolls, you *eat* them to learn that mastery
upload_2015-10-9_11-6-1.png

Once you have your book and your primers, simply left-click on the book to chose the mastery you wish to use
upload_2015-10-9_11-7-27.png

When you do that, a list of all the primers you have used will be listed
upload_2015-10-9_11-7-56.png

There is a 10-minute cool-down when you switch masteries

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What they meant by an offline transfer, is a transfer using the wall safe(check my article about banking or my tread about banking. Say i want to give a friend insurance money but we play at different times. Input the money in my wall safe and set securities to guild. Now when he/she are on the can open the safe for funds. Wall safes are for gold only. To transfer other items you can use a mailbox.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya ok it makes sense now, the patch notes were kinda of confusing, i just need one book of mastery, but i need to get a primer for each one of the masteries i want to use, they kinda like power scrolls if i got it correct. that means my sampire goin to have to carry 4 books. so my only question is now do i have to do the quest to get or to even use the book of mastery?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm missing for gaining in Spirituality... shouldn't I be gaining it? I must be missing a step.
Healing/res'ing any player (not pets).

My mage got Twaulo of the Glade, also as if. Done that spawn ONCE since it came in, not gonna do it ever again.
I've done it twice. The second was earlier today. I am never doing it again either.

On my tamer, I got Grizzle. I ended up getting a mastery book from someone else, but I have 6 other chars that need the books.

On my pvp mage, I ended up getting Semidar. Yeah, that is NOT happening. I canceled hoping for a different target, but he gave me Semidar AGAIN when I accepted the quest a 2nd time.

edit: Hmm. It appears the target is set the first time you talk to Hawkwind. I selected different Masteries (Mysticism and Parry), and both times I got Semidar.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Girzzle wouldn't be terrible on a tamer, I remember soloing him before there were even greater dragons. Just gotta get your pet on him and stay 2 tiles away while bandaging and healing.

Semidar.... If you fight her in fire dungeon you can tele behind some rocks and Blast away, still not going to be a fun fight on a mage though.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got Mel on 4 of my mêlée dexxers. So I just picked one of my bards and did the peace mastery quest 20 times and now I have enough mastery books for my characters.
You get the primers on all champ spawns, so hit Ish till you get the one you want. Hawkwind lacks common sense when handing out those quests. :p

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Girzzle wouldn't be terrible on a tamer, I remember soloing him before there were even greater dragons. Just gotta get your pet on him and stay 2 tiles away while bandaging and healing.

Semidar.... If you fight her in fire dungeon you can tele behind some rocks and Blast away, still not going to be a fun fight on a mage though.
Yeah, I'm not worried about Grizzle, I'm just too lazy to do it. My sampire ended up getting Semidar too, which is lol.

I am still curious to know how the quest is determined though, gonna see what canceling/re-accepting on my tamer does, if anything.

edit: Hmm. Accepting the quest again on my tamer gave me Dread Horn. I accepted again after that and got Dread Horn. If I had to guess, I'd say it's set at server up as the target du jour?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
edit: Hmm. Accepting the quest again on my tamer gave me Dread Horn. I accepted again after that and got Dread Horn. If I had to guess, I'd say it's set at server up as the target du jour?
It changes every hour or two hours, pretty sure its global, probably so that way a group of people on at the same time would all need to do the same boss, I'd wager.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a book from a bard and it works for me
Are you doing anything "special" besides getting a mastery book from another char and eating a primer?

my bard did provo quest a few times and gave books to other chars on my account. I have eaten a primer, had the correct skill level I get the "surge of power" message. Could not access the mastery book on the other chars at all.

It is working just fine on my bard with her original book.

I gave her another book and ate another level one of a skill, just to see if I did something stupid. But no, same thing.

edit, cutting this out :Oh, and when I logged on that char later? book was gone. (I know what I did, ignore just this part)

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have found out that mastery books that I got with my bard before the publish went live and that weren't on character's packs weren't converted to the new mastery book format once the publish went live so they wouldn't work.
I trashed them and redid the peace quest today and got working books that way.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have found out that mastery books that I got with my bard before the publish went live and that weren't on character's packs weren't converted to the new mastery book format once the publish went live so they wouldn't work.
I trashed them and redid the peace quest today and got working books that way.
Thank you so much for the quick response, was driving me nuts!

Got new books and feel silly as I did not notice the 45 spells on the book compared to the old 6 spells on the pre-patch ones.