• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little buckets.

R

RuthieJ

Ok i have been seeing these lil buckets sometimes empty sometimes with water in them. Are these buckets still available to get from doing a quest or is it an old item no longer available. Sorry for the sketchy description i have seen them used along the lines of deco with wishing wells if that helps .

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i have been seeing these lil buckets sometimes empty sometimes with water in them. Are these buckets still available to get from doing a quest or is it an old item no longer available. Sorry for the sketchy description i have seen them used along the lines of deco with wishing wells if that helps .
They're an old item, they used to be a server up daily rare from the hedge maze, you would fill them with water then empty them to pick them up, but it got fixed long ago. You can buy them sometimes for 1-2 mill or so.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My lil' bucket is my prized possession. It cost me 750K on Siege. *gulp*

I believe there are now actually more buckets in existence than what was obtained from the original Hedge Maze daily. There is a Mondain's Legacy Sanctuary quest that has a bucket as a quest item, which is the same graphic, which was turned in and thus consumed when the quest was completed. However, there was a general bug in the quest system when ML was released, which allowed you to put the quest item in your bank, cancel the quest, and keep the item as a souvenir. (This bug gave us the HoM hued spider silk cloth!). So, this gave us a brief new source for the buckets, but that source dried up as well (no pun intended) when they patched to eliminate this behavior. A shame too, because they are as cute as can be, and some deco things you just can't simulate well with other items, due to size issues. :(

What is insane is that these are part of the spring cleaning system. Anyone who turns in a rare bucket for a crummy 5K points in the spring cleaning system needs to be tied up in this forum so we can take turns beating them with our deco tools. :mad:

-Skylark

F

Flora Green

THOSE are the buckets included in the turn in? I would gladly give away points to someone who has a bucket. Geez.

R

RuthieJ

Thanks for the quick replies on the bucket. Looks like a shopping i will go.

L

Lunaticus

It took me months to hunt down a bucket; I would never get rid of it for any amount of points!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took me months to hunt down a bucket; I would never get rid of it for any amount of points!

Buckets are one of the things I would never sell that I got from doing so many idocs. I think I have over a dozen of them now, haha.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so jealous, Sarsmi!:bowdown:
Do idocs! Anyone can do them, they are great fun and you can meet some nice people (and some less than nice people as well *coughs*) For added excitement do them in fel. Work can be a hindrance but weekend idocs can still be a good time. Pair up with someone else to scout who can camp the weekday ones then divide the scouting work equitably.

There are downsides though. I haven't camped in a few months. I came back for week and scouted and met (hah hah) some new people in fel. I met one guy who told me about "a certain program" he used to make finding idocs easy. *big sigh* Stuff like that can get you down. Quite a few of the campers are legit tho (as far as I know). The guild I was a part of on europa for few months did all their own scouting. I traded off with vol quite a bit tho I hated doing malas and have only scouted it a handful of times. I can do tram and fel on auto pilot practically, got those down to a science. A good set of scouting runebooks can cut your time in half, practically.

L

Lunaticus

I have the absolute WORST luck doing IDOCs. Either I miss the drop by a few minutes, or I just can't grab the stuff in time. It would be nice to get some training from an honest IDOC'er on LS one day.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are probably lots of campers on LS, I bet. A lot of competition makes things tougher. I've done way more fel idocs than tram ones, just because there is almost always less competition, especially on Baja being a smaller shard. For many months my only competition was one other guy who would bring his pet red along sometimes, and would always place a house to throw the loot on. It was irritating but at the same time I still scored much better even with the occasional death than I would have at a tram idoc with 5 other campers.

I'd be happy to go out with you some morning and help you grab stuff, I don't play LS and don't need anything so it would really just be a free pair of hands and someone to chat with while waiting for the drop. I'm a natural rooter, I love garage sales and digging through things to see what you can find. :D