• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lions and Healing skill.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, just to clarify as there seems to be alot of Mis-information (mainly from the Devs) 1 in 4 tamed and now 1 in 6 when wild??? c'mon it's your database not ours!

Lions DO NOT gain healing when wild (or i'd say they don't live long enough for them to gain it),
Lions DO NOT have healing when freshly tamed,
Lions DO have healing once you take them out fighting other mobs (about 20% on training progress and they should have it),

It's not 1 in 4 OR as they now say 1 in 6 chance.....Every Lion i have tamed and bonded gains Healing (unless i just happened to tame 12 Lions in a row and won the RNG which i think not!)

I think they may be getting mixed up with the code for Lions and the code for Saber-toothed Tigers.....

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lion DO (or CAN) gain healing in the wild, both the skill and the pet lore and knowledge... you just have to let the live long enough to get it during combat. Just because the get it pre-tame does not mean they will keep it post tame, or post being stabled... its kind of a gamble.

If you ask me, its still very buggy at the moment. I have had lions with healing skill, but not healing on the lore and knowledge... I have had lions with the lore and knowledge, but no skill... and I have had lions without either that NEVER get it. Who can say what the right trick is 100% of the time...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slayvite, that is actually NOT my experience, I think you're wrong, I trained a lion to 5 slot and 120 wrestle, it never gained any healing and i ended up releasing it, however after @Pawain told me, you have to animal lore the lion AFTER you tame it, and under the Lore and Knowledge menu, 1 in 6 of them will indeed have healing listed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Slayvite, that is actually NOT my experience, I think you're wrong, I trained a lion to 5 slot and 120 wrestle, it never gained any healing and i ended up releasing it, however after @Pawain told me, you have to animal lore the lion AFTER you tame it, and under the Lore and Knowledge menu, 1 in 6 of them will indeed have healing listed.
I must be EXTREMELY unlucky then because after taming 46+ Lions 2 of them actually HAD that under Lore/Knowledge however after putting one in the stable to bond and taking it out feeding it bonding it that went AWAY... and was no longer there.... the second had it on the Lore/Knowledge then I gave it an instant bond potion and it went AWAY... So I don't know if they would have gotten it back or not but at that point I was too PEEVED to care... and I just let them go and killed them... and decided that until it's fixed or whatever I just give up trying to get one with healing actually on it... and I am not going to have a Lion or the Sabertooth... if it's that big of a problem where you may or may not have healing from one moment to the next and can't really depend on it to be there or stay then forget it...

As for the newsletter @Kyronix I have this to say... Reading the Newsletter makes it sound like 1 in 6 of them can heal in the wild but not when tame... so do they or don't they get to have and use healing??? Talk about a non-answer answer... can you PLEASE look into it??? Can you please get them to actually have healing??? I don't care if it is 1 in 6 I'll tame a 100 of them if need be... but I'd like to know for sure they have Healing if I am going to keep them. I don't want to waste countless hours training one up just to have it show up and go away and show up and go away... freaking ridiculous... yes or no Please.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, it is same with Saber tooths. They can lore healing when wild and 10 seconds later, healing is gone. I have had 2 wild ones gain 25% in healing skill and they had healing on the abilities and both lost it when tamed.

Also, a tamed pet with 20 healing does not gain very fast. And they tend to not bandage themselves when YOU want them too.

It is a royal pain to get one to keep the healing ability. They are well worth the 35M you can pay me for one on LS.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What??? Lions with Healing are selling for 35m on LS????
Selling Lions with Taming on Europa 50m :hula:

Sort of makes me sad i killed off 7 lions with Healing now as i was only experimenting with diff skill choices on them.