• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lion

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lion - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

Another Eodon pet. 2 => 5 slot.

Another 100% physical damage pet.

Find them in this savanna area next to Zippys pyramid.

upload_2017-6-29_20-23-47.png

They start like this: Most of the stats cut in half when you train.

upload_2017-6-29_20-24-40.png

They have these abilities: Piercing!

upload_2017-6-29_20-29-16.png

You can get healing but that's in another thread.

The training menu has these choices:

upload_2017-6-29_20-34-33.png

You can add one of these special abilities: Or read further and get different choices.

upload_2017-6-29_20-33-23.png

And choose from this magical ability.

upload_2017-6-29_20-35-50.png

If you choose poisoning, that takes off Piercing which is paralyze, armor ignore, and bleed.

You will then get an area effect menu and a new special abilities menu.

Choose an area effect first, if you desire. Then you can choose a special ability.

I have 1501 points left on this one:

upload_2017-6-29_20-37-16.png

All I added were stats and maxxed resists. Strength can be 700 and you have room for scrolls, regens and more stats.

They make a very nice pet.

Last edited:

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You can also select poisoning on them which removes almost all their skills as it replaces the piercing mastery. This opens up a whole lot more options in the menu. I will post my 5 slot lion when I get home from work

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also select poisoning on them which removes almost all their skills as it replaces the piercing mastery. This opens up a whole lot more options in the menu. I will post my 5 slot lion when I get home from work

Good. I cant copy my char to TC. I'm bugged...

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Heres my lion for you Pawain. I havent finished scrolling it yet, so i have included the rest of the pet planning menu to show whats possible. Been too preoccupied testing other pets to farm the scrolls needed. It also still needs more training. 1.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome. So the poisoning erases the Piercing and that allows the area effect menu to open and the special abilities have more options. Finally a pet that has a working menu!

I edited the original. Check it for accuracy. Thanks

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, because the piercing is what gives it the other abilities, you reduce it below the ability cap when you replace it. It from memory opens up all the menus again.

Also as an added bonus, when you give it poisoning to remove piercing, you also give them a chance to jump back a slot. From what i can tell this is because poisoning is only worth 100 points/weight while piercing is worth a lot more, so your effectively removing attribute weight from the pet. I tested this on quite a few lions, and most went from 2 slot to 3 when i trained them, then once i had spent all the points and hit begin training again, they dropped back to 2 slot so they could reach 3 a second time. From memory only 1 didnt do this, but it ended up doing it on the following upgrade, going 3 to 4 then back to 3. So effectively your lion can get to a 6 slot equivalent, hence how mine has so much on it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This trick seems to work for the Ossein Ram and Triceratops too, (to give more special ability options) however i couldn't get the Ram or Triceratops to jump down a slot like a lion. I'm assuming it will also work on a Sabre toothed tiger

Last edited:

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When I dropped back a slot I put all my points into moves resists and mana regen and hp regen to avoid str and hp as I suspect they may have a higher hidden weight for pet slot calculations

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lion on test dropped back a slot, the two i tried on prodo didn't, I had a theory that i needed a lion with 60 barding difficulty to do it as they come in 60 or 70, but now looking at your screenshot that has just blown me sideways.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This trick seems to work for the Ossein Ram and Triceratops too, (to give more special ability options) however i couldn't get the Ram or Triceratops to jump down a slot like a lion. I'm assuming it will also work on a Sabre toothed tiger
I had a spare trained one lying around. Opens up new options!

upload_2017-7-1_16-53-31.png

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
lion on test dropped back a slot, the two i tried on prodo didn't, I had a theory that i needed a lion with 60 barding difficulty to do it as they come in 60 or 70, but now looking at your screenshot that has just blown me sideways.
Did you take the 2 on proof all the way to 5 slot? I did have one on proof that didn't drop a slot after hitting 3 but it did it when it hit 4.

Lee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
When does the lion start to gain healing? Does every lion gain healing after a certain level?