• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Life without magic resist skill is miserable

B

blust3

Every time I got paralyzed, I froze for 5 seconds. So I decided to drop one skill and get resist. The question is what I should drop?

My template (776 total skill points due to Mark of Travesty and 3 skills on jewelry):

25 Necromancy
91 Chivalry
120 Sword
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Heal

Skills that I could drop are heal, anatomy, tactics and chivalry.

If I drop heal, is "close wound" from chivalry enough to heal me?

I think no chivalry will make me even more miserable as I use EoO and Divine Weapon at all time.

So anatomy or tactics is the more possible choice for me since I don't use special move and I have enough Damage Increase items. As I understand, my bonus on Parry will get a hit from 32% (both GMs on anatomy and tactics) to 20% (only one GM). But it looks no big deal. Considering if I took Parry skill out, 32% bonus to zero is zero.

Right now, my choice is more likely tactics (I have jewelry skill points on anatomy). What do you guys think?

Thanks for any input.

K

Kakitasteel

try using a low skill made tinker trap box, no skill loss... should be for sale on vendors on your shard.

I

imported_Farsight

I think that unless you want to PvP, resist is completely optional. There's nothing wrong with waiting a few seconds while you aren't getting beaten.

I won't say anything about if you do want to PvP, since I'm not that good at it yet. But even then, I haven't had many people throw paralyze at me lately.

So if you really are too impatient to wait, get the boxes. Those skills are all too valuable to lose in my opinion.

V

Valhakar

Well a true melee Sammy/Chiv is pretty darn hard to create. You just have to go cold turkey on the bandage addiction.

Anatomy 90
Fencing 110
Bushido 120
Chivalry 70
Parry 120
Resist 110
Tactics 100