• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Libraries & Books of UO

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Baja Server,

[The PAWS Soulforge has created a discord room with several channels to post content it creates for the public. If you would like to join, then message me @ Valkari#4059]

------------------------------------

A new project is being developed to assist curators of in-game libraries and is a primary purpose for the discord channel called: [Libraries of UO]. Over time, I will attempt to add a small expository write up on as many public libraries in the game and on every server as possible.

[If you know any libraries that should be included, please make mention, I’d love to visit and add them.]

Directly below the libraries of UO channel on Discord is a dedicated channel for [Library Books] to fill those libraries with content outside of rune-books or book related developed content from the game.

The aim for this channel is the following:
  • A place where writers and authors for any subject material can share their works with potential curators of public libraries, then have their own works put on display potentially across multiple servers.
  • To display the library book project that The PAWS Soulforge is working on, so in game versions of the books can be created. (Note: This is not the adventure series [Sandals of Time] that The PAWS Soulforge is working on, although those works are also there. This is an editor’s choice of hundreds of the greatest world historical authors & their creations)
  • To be a source of inspiration for those attempting to write a story, to find themes, content, names, and concepts in an easy to disseminate way. The transcription work is detailed enough to tell every single story in full.
Project Details:

The PAWS Soulforge will be working to release 4 categories of book lists, each having a detailed synopsis or display, transcribed then organized by The PAWS Soulforge. These works are derived from world history.

Players or library curators in-game can then use this resource to develop their own custom libraries as they see fit. Each novel, poem, book on philosophy, or ancient story will be reduced in size to fit within a 2k word or less format. These are mostly in a synopsis form, so the works can easily fit within an inscription book of UO. [The target aim is the 100-page inscription crafted books]. The works that are already well within the textual range of the project will be direct copies.

Categories:
  • Novels & Stories
  • Poetry
  • Philosophy
  • Ancient Storytelling
If there are any books that someone would like The PAWS Soulforge to transcribe into a format for in-game use and is not included in the categorical lists, then please message me and I’d be more than happy to add them.

On a side note, this is not an attempt to suggest that the listed books are the “best,” however I might think so or not. That isn’t the point. The intent is to offer a large variety of masterpieces, professionally redone for use in Ultima Online.

There are many rune-book libraries in UO and those are a great asset, but perhaps adding readable stories, might be a way to really add a whole new dimension to them. There might also be additional players that would love to create their own working libraries, any size, from grand to small and it is my hope that this could be a good resource for them to do just that. When all 4 categories are released for in game consumption, there will be a quite a lot of written works to choose from.

I have included a 10-minute video, produced by The PAWS Soulforge that showcases the attachment and first category created: [Novels & Stories]

It is simply there to present this first release so you can see the range and scope of not only this category, but the entire [Library Project] without having to download anything.

If you would like the PDF file then come visit us on discord, the file is too large for Stratics.

------------------------------------

[Classic Works 4 Ultima online], written for UO in-game publication. Transcribed/written/organized By: The PAWS Soulforge

Please enjoy!

Best regards and fare thee well,

-Palm Copenhagen

&

The PAWS Soulforge