• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Libraries, apothecaries, etc

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in the process of decorating my castle and have finally made it to my library/apothecary area. The space will have crafting supplies for my scribe and alchemist but I'm just not happy with any deco I've done so far; in fact I took it all down. The area is 10x11 tiles.

Does anyone have any pictures or coordinates they wouldn't mind sharing of their favorites or their own examples? I'm not really looking to put up a rune library, although I may do a small section.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That little old gargoyle could retire and buy her own island in gold i spent

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That little old gargoyle could retire and buy her own island in gold i spent
The thought of one of those disgusting creatures being allowed to run a business and acquire wealth makes my stomach turn.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Annex1.png

Annex2.png

Annex3.png

Annex4.png

My new library annex, the Athenaeum. I needed a lot of shelves, and I had an entire building to devote to it.

Design wise, I needed to utilize the west and north walls, due to shelves not looking all that great on other facings. I decided to create the floor plan like a diamond. Finding decor that worked somewhat well with the weird southeastern facing was tough.

The lack of overall decor was due to the books, I have about 150 lockdowns free due to the books eating up the entire allocation. The simplicity makes it nice and clean though, and makes it easy to focus on reading.