• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LFFriends LFPartner

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya.
As people know, I returrned to UO around New Years and I have just moved to a new location IRL (my own house!!!)

I just talked with my ISP and they will first be able to provide with solid internet the 25th of february, so until then I will be on mobile data, meaning nearly no gaming.

And that means I will be looking for some new friends or partners for farming, I would appriciate a private message with people who want to team up after the 25th of february.

Any additional info can be asked :)
Hope to see you all out there in the woods!

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so until then I will be on mobile data, meaning nearly no gaming.
If your mobile carrier allows you to use your cellular phone as a modem (i.e., tethering), you will be able to play UO with no problem and as much as you'd like; UO uses up so little data that one could keep it on, every day and all month long, and its footprint will barely even register (what this means is that if you do have a means to tether, you do not have to worry about your time on UO causing any overage in a limited plan).

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your mobile carrier allows you to use your cellular phone as a modem (i.e., tethering), you will be able to play UO with no problem and as much as you'd like; UO uses up so little data that one could keep it on, every day and all month long, and its footprint will barely even register (what this means is that if you do have a means to tether, you do not have to worry about your time on UO causing any overage in a limited plan).
True.. but the connection with the mobile data is horrible :)

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
True.. but the connection with the mobile data is horrible :)
No, it's not. At least not as far as I can tell.

It was surprising for me to find out but on AT&T, the results of running UO via tether are not noticeably different from broadband... and there is the added benefit of being a) mobile, and b) using a negligible amount of data; UO doesn't stress or demand the tether in any way that it cannot only too easily handle.

If you are in a position to try it, do try it and see.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I tried with the mobile data, it was horrible experience, I felt like i was back in 1998...
But I did upgrade my mobile data, so hopefully when my new pc screen arrives tomorrow it will even feel better...

Im also searching for a new desktop chair (you don't want to know what happened with my last chair!) :D

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I play by cell tether no problems, did it on two pcs fast as anything! I have issues now cause I'm on a notebooklite thing which sux, but phone tethering is amazing as long as you have a solid 4g connection, obviously if somebody lives where cell service is sketchy anyways a tether would be worthless too :)

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Brad, start a guild and NEW will send you some potential friends.
I cant even consider it when I know so little about UO, I feel like a novice mage, I can not lead when I don't know what I am doing, we can't run in circles ;)

I play by cell tether no problems, did it on two pcs fast as anything! I have issues now cause I'm on a notebooklite thing which sux, but phone tethering is amazing as long as you have a solid 4g connection, obviously if somebody lives where cell service is sketchy anyways a tether would be worthless too :)
It all depends on what kind connection you can get, in my case I actually noticed something yesterday.
Normally the connection is max 1mb download pr sec, but last night it was up to 9.0mb pr sec :O

Edit: Correction, 13.0mb pr sec :O

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant even consider it when I know so little about UO, I feel like a novice mage, I can not lead when I don't know what I am doing, we can't run in circles ;)
Some of my favorite adventures started this way.