• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Level 7 Treasure Maps

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any comments/bugs you have regarding Lvl 7 T-Maps

Disenchanted

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A request: Could we get some lvl 7 maps in the bank box please? Not that I mind they'll be rare in game, it's just I've done 15 lvl 6 maps with only lvl 6 maps spawning.

An observation: I do like the update monster spawns such as frost dragons and cold drakes. Will these be tamable or designed just as treasure chest mobs?

Thanks for your time and attention.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a few lvl 7 was fun for sure..

Mobs were...cold drake, Frost dragon , Greather Dragon , PE ,titan (all Guardians)

The frost dragon is a hiter...took me for 104 damage 1 hit full resist..

Loot was 35K gold, 22 gems, 7 essence not sure.. regular low lvl junk..
Regs, vine, green backpack had Nox x-bow..artic death dealer X 2 from 3 maps.

Would have been nice to see some different items like arties.
Out of 3 maps so far the bags been the same items from a lvl 6..

Mystic seems to do well against the spawn...
Will try and do more if i can find bait...i meen help..

Disenchanted

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd hope they wouldn't change it to 120, the level 7 chest doesn't really seem to offer more than the level 6. You have the same minor artifact, 1 extra essence and 5k gold. The items in the chest don't appear any better, in fact most are junk (lesser quality).

I would like to recommend a few changes or additions.

1) Not necessarily increase the quantity from the level 6 but increase the quality of items.

2) A better incentive than the current minor artifact in the level 6, whether its one based off the instance or even a chance between an armor piece drop, tokuno drop, doom artifact, etc. And while I understand the reasoning behind keeping the mentioned drops available from where they are from, it would be nice to have an upgrade.

3) Varied type of resources: Ingots, Woods, etc. I wouldn't even mind ML resources (and no, I'm not Popps). Variety is good.

Thanks for reading.

NullByte

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could it also be possible to remove the junk. If we want junk there are 6 other level maps to collect it from.

Make level 7 maps extremely rare, but have less item but higher quality.

Even possibly make them harder in regards to the guardian spawn and have the guardian spawn possible drop an arty, to encourage people to get help as to soloing them.

Anyway the sounds of a level 7 chest so far dont sound like there worth the effort beyond doing level 6 maps.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Agreed I think a lvl 7 should have different better loot based on where it is. Trammel might have maybe ML based arties, Tokuno perhaps we could get a chance at the original Tokuno dyes... and other tokuno majors, Malas perhaps a doom arti?

And I agree maybe they shouldn't give essences but perhaps ML ingredients.. like Scourge and Taint.

And I would like to see some Talismans and Elven things in some chests.

N

Nastia Cross

Agreed I think a lvl 7 should have different better loot based on where it is. Trammel might have maybe ML based arties, Tokuno perhaps we could get a chance at the original Tokuno dyes... and other tokuno majors, Malas perhaps a doom arti?

And I agree maybe they shouldn't give essences but perhaps ML ingredients.. like Scourge and Taint.

And I would like to see some Talismans and Elven things in some chests.
/signed, especially about the talismans, I've been asking for those in the chests since the tmap revamp.

Also, what is the status on the loot that is supposed to drop from the Guardians. I've done over 100 maps since the revamp and have NEVER gotten a Guardian item.

Z

Zelda of Zed

HUMMmmm from what i have read... i am now dissapointed! I had really gotten into doing tmaps after the change. However, just like everthing, after six weeks or so.. it gets old when its the same thing every time.... and other then getting the essesses, there is not much point in doing them any longer, since the specails are not really that special.
(how many vines can we collect)

I have done well over 200 maps and not once gotten anything off the guardians. Has anyone gotten the special playing cards that were to on them? or was that just made up!

I really hope the dev give us reason to do these new ones! Its like some of the em events. What is the point of going, if all you are gonna do is die, and walk away with nothing but death robes. I can go to Nav and do that, and die a whole lot less. But still at least have a chance at a drop!!! Please make it worth our time!!! cause right now, I cant see much of a reason to do 6's, let alone doing 7s.

just my 2 cents worth...

Z...

Disenchanted

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In doing roughly 15 more maps I did notice there were no 6 mod items in there. Maybe it's the RNG playing with it, but I would hope/think there would be a greater chance for that. I won't ask for a 7 mod item, though of course that might be pretty interesting. :)

I haven't found any bugs, just disappointed in the overall presentation of the current level 7 maps.

Another recommendation (in addition to the ones posted above) and possibly trivial, but can we get a map count command that will display the total amount of maps completed?

Thanks for your attention.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I agree with the comments that these should have some special/improved loot.

I found the guardians extremely easy and dissapointing. I think 7's should be a lot tougher. Guardian reccomendations (providing I'm right in remembering that they are tethered to the chest location):

1 Skeletal Lich (that can drop the Grimoire/Trinket), 5-7 Balrons/Ancient Wyrms/Greater Dragons/Frost Dragons.
or
1 Doom room boss (that can drop artifacts - at a better rate than Doom), 3-5 Balrons/Ancient Wyrms/Greater Dragons/Frost Dragons.
or
1 Champion Spawn boss (that can drop 1x 115 power scroll or 1x 20 stat scroll), 2-3 Balrons/Ancient Wyrms/Greater Dragons/Frost Dragons.

The drop rate for those special items at around 30%.

The reason I would like to see them this much harder than 6's and how they currently are, is because there is a level of player not being reached by them, and I think there should be something for those players that poses a challenge, rather than the current Colossus/Invis/Wait routine. There isn't a lot besides Navrey (and even that has a long boring timer on it) that you can 'just go and do' (without tedious keying) that poses a challenge for a worthwile reward.

I'd also like there to be a joker in the pack type monster, that has no offence but a ridiculously high amount of HP (millions).

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Havent found any bugs from trammel or ter mur maps, however, it would be nice if the crystal pillar inside the floating emporium also gives treasure maps for facets other than trammel too. The drop chance of new maps from ingenious maps are about 1 over 40 if rng didnt do any tricks.

I also havent found the guardians to be more difficult than ingenious map guardians. They share most monsters anyways. Yet again, they're suitable guardians relative to the additional loot.

I think we all want to ask if the frost dragons and the cold drakes will spawn anywhere else and also whether the non-guardian versions will be (if there will be any) tameable or not.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we all want to ask if the frost dragons and the cold drakes will spawn anywhere else and also whether the non-guardian versions will be (if there will be any) tameable or not.

Um yes this has crossed my mind.

Disenchanted

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've asked a few times without any response :( I was also hoping there would be a change to the level 7 maps but that doesn't appear on the current list.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I've asked a few times without any response :( I was also hoping there would be a change to the level 7 maps but that doesn't appear on the current list.
I agree yet neither question has been answer or commented on. But I'm confident Mesanna has passed this on to the rest of the Team.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 Champion Spawn boss (that can drop 1x 115 power scroll or 1x 20 stat scroll), 2-3 Balrons/Ancient Wyrms/Greater Dragons/Frost Dragons.
I really don't like the idea of a Champ boss, especially in Tram. But I wouldn't mind a unique or two, like for example, a Coil, or an Abcess, or an Unfrozen Mummy ... a Yamandon, maybe some of those Undead Gargs that spawn outside tomb, the harder variant that can debuff you and create rising colossus ...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I really don't like the idea of a Champ boss, especially in Tram. But I wouldn't mind a unique or two, like for example, a Coil, or an Abcess, or an Unfrozen Mummy ... a Yamandon, maybe some of those Undead Gargs that spawn outside tomb, the harder variant that can debuff you and create rising colossus ...
Fair enough hehe, I was just throwing it out there as a possible. I just find it so dissapointing they're not harder, they used to be fun and even with a group they were fun, but now they aren't difficult enough to warrant a guild activity. Perhaps increasing the spawn rate when you're pulling stuff could help.

There's never anything to aim for with them because you can already do all levels, which means any new loot quickly gets farmed and becomes stale, and then we're back where we were before they added anything.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be all for Gauntlet monsters and the like, just want to keep PSs in Fel ;P.

Since you have to be in a party to do T-Maps (with a group), I wonder if EA could make it so the stuff that spawns can attack specific members of the party. Like say an initial wave of 8 critters spawn against a party of 4 people. As it is now, all 8 aggro on the digger, who will be invised twice (or thrice) by the group. Then their gdrags etc do the work. What if the guardians aggro'd anyone in party initially, instead of the digger? Not sure the change would add that much more difficulty, but I know the new client allows targeting by party member, so I wonder if EA could implement that for monster AI as well.

Tormented Minotaurs, to me, seem like the nastiest thing in game that isn't a boss. Yamandons can be pretty nasty too. The Undead Gargs outside tomb are nasty, but defeated by a group fairly easy. Abcess has nasty potential at first, but degrades -- and I don't like to break locality, but EA did it when they put Coil in the Stygian Abyss Underworld, so I figure he or she is fair game.

Other hindrances for a LvL 7 could include the chest relocking and/or trapping without warning ... or more predictable, perhaps after each spawn pops up. Rate increase would be interesting too, or even an increase of the gibberling(sp) or whatever that thing is called that will steal items ;P ... imagine 20 of them spawning at once, haha. Either way, I def agree a LvL 7 should be an epic fight -- which from what I gather, it is not, yet.

R

rajadeah

Ive only dug one lev 7 map so far so dont have much to go by, but I agree the loot stinks!!!

I have however dug 40+ lev 6 maps in the past few weeks and think there loot stinks too. The thing that gets me is there is a small chance for an item with extra mods like up to 6 mods, but ever time you pull a 6 mod item the the mods are allways miss matched and very low intensity.

How hard would it be to make it that the rare 6 mod items had higher intensities and or make them so they cant be powderd but that they can hold a higher imbuing wieght like 600 wieght 6 mods. they should be very rare like 1 in 20 on lev 6 maps and 1 in 10 on lev 7. a shot at an item like that would keep me digging for sure!!

Y

Yalp

I too wonder if the frost dragon/cold drake will be tamable as spawn (not guardian).

I did get a "Master skeleton key".. different in color/size over other lvl 6 skeleton key. Not sure what/where it goes to.

Loot is same as level 6.. too much and too much junk.

Artie in green pouch are the same as before.

35000 gold.

No 6 property items in the chest.

7 essence.