• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Level 100 Shaman Talent Discussion

Syiler

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This thread will be the hub for discussing the level 100 Shaman Talents. I will update it as they get changed and keep in mind THEY WILL GET CHANGED! It is still early days for the talents so don't take them as the final version just discuss your current thoughts on the talents.

Rainstorm

Elemental and Enhancement -- Storm Armor: While your Lightning Shield is active, lightning will strike a random enemy within 40 yards that you are in combat with every 3.00 seconds for 2,000 Nature damage.

Restoration -- Condensation Totem: 100 mana. Instant. Summons a Water Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 minute that collects 25% of all overhealing and grants it to the shaman as spell power toward their next Healing Wave, Healing Surge, Greater Healing Wave, Chain Heal, or Riptide.

Storm Elemental Totem
1,022 mana. 5-minute cooldown. Instant. Summons an Air Totem with 6,000 health at the feet of the caster, calling forth a Greater Storm Elemental to hurl gusts of wind on the caster's enemies. Each gust of wind does damage to the enemy and then heals all allies within 15 yards for 100% of the damage dealt, split evently. Lasts until canceled.

Reach of the Elements

Elemental and Enhancement -- Spew Lava: 40-yard range. Instant. 45-second cooldown. Empowers your current Fire totem with the power of lava, causing it to spew globs of lava at a random enemy within 40 yards every 1.00 second for 15 seconds. Each glob of lava deals 2,000 Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

Restoration -- High Tide: Passive. Your Chain Heal also bounces to all targets affected by your Riptide.

------

The current talents seem decent enough in their current state. Was hoping to see something a little more crazy but there is still time although saying that I would be happy to see these talents go live as they are.

Last edited:

Syiler

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I raid as an Enhancement Shaman so I will give a quick run through on the talents as an Enhance.

Rainstorm - Passive AoE, seems great. Has a large range and we don't need to do anything special to do the AoE damage so I am more then happy to use this talent on a AoE fight.

Storm Elemental Totem - Another elemental means we will have a pretty high uptime on some form of elemental. It has been a long time coming that we got a Storm Elemental and im interested to see how Primal Elementalist will affect this if it does. Seems the way to go for Single Target fights or fights where we need another raid healing CD depending on how much it actually heals for!

Reach of the Elements - This seems the way to go for AoE/Cleave fights where you know the adds will be grouped up. Does require a GCD to use and doesn't have a 100% uptime so it will depend on the fight whether we use Rainstorm or Reach but I do like seeming more ways to do AoE damage as an Enhancement Shaman!

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Shaman always get the coolest stuff each expansion, I guarantee even if some of these aren't amazing at max level, they will look awesome. Can't wait to see it.
Also, don't double post or ban Syi.