• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Letter to the crew: The Royal Britannian Guard

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy mates!

I was browsing in The Castle Which Formally Belonged To Lord British when I came across the following little tidbit.

Now, as ye scoundrels and bilge rats may have heard, we have previously proposed a similar system of guardianship with our own (dis)honorable Captain Pike as Admiral of the Royal Navy.

The wench who named herself queen turned us down pretty flat. Yet she turns around and names the dregs of society as her own guard!

Now, we can certainly take the slight of the theft of our idea to heart and take our piece of flesh from those who have been granted guardianship, but that would be over too quickly and not cause enough pain and suffering among the landlubbers.

I would like to propose something different. I think that we should also apply for our own protectorate. This way, we can earn the trust of the guards and only strike when and where it will hurt the most.

So mateys, what to ye think?

Regards,
Aneirin Grace of the Dutchman

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really you want to get the EM to give us a town I say screw that we take what we want what kind of pirates get permission to take over a town!

I see we're going tame this wont stand!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We must be careful. Right now, we can more or less do what we want in most Britannian cities. We can demand taxes in New Haven, we can harrass landlubbers in Jhelom, we can celebrate orgies in da throne room of Britain, and we can scare away fishermen from the Vesper docks. Nobody cries fer retribution or threatens our pirate hideout, the Red Skull Bay.

Now imagine wut happens if'n da Royal Britannian Landlubber Guards start ta try and enforce "law and order" in cities again. Knowing me hotheaded crew I find it safe ta predict dat dere soon would be a lot of trouble.

While claiming protectorate fer a town would allow us ta make our own rules and scamming innocent townsfolk fer our own benefit, it would also require some presence. Right now, I doubt dat we will even get a handful of crew members ta patrol a town. I am nut around much either these days. I honestly doubt dat protectorate will be granted to us, but ye never know if ye don't try, do ye?

I say we must stop da darned guards before dey become too powerful and start ta think about limiting our freedoms. Suggestions are welcome.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ye all and will plan accordingly.

We'll talk more about this in person. Too many ideas are swimming through my head to respond at the moment!

(In an out of character moment: I do find it discouraging that my patrols into the "protected" cities to date have yielded exactly zero encounters with the Royal Guards there... might be a pity to add one more city to the unpatrolled list.

Rather we may just need to schedule an unexpected raid on the city folk of New Haven or Umbra (if they happen to war us...). Then we'll have to let everyone know to "not" expect us!

(I really hate having to schedule my role play time!))

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ye all and will plan accordingly.

We'll talk more about this in person. Too many ideas are swimming through my head to respond at the moment!

(In an out of character moment: I do find it discouraging that my patrols into the "protected" cities to date have yielded exactly zero encounters with the Royal Guards there... might be a pity to add one more city to the unpatrolled list.

Rather we may just need to schedule an unexpected raid on the city folk of New Haven or Umbra (if they happen to war us...). Then we'll have to let everyone know to "not" expect us!

(I really hate having to schedule my role play time!))
(If enough of us show up people will gather, It's bound to happen we need to gather the people will follow)