• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Letter to Fynn Barrett

I

Irvyn

*A sealed scroll is delivered to Britain*
For the attention of Fynn Barrett, of the Royal Guard

Trinsic, 16th Dec.

Fynn,

Further to our discussions this day, I wish to reiterate my belief that the drow are involved in the matter of the orcs and the so-called “New Order”. The more I hear of the propaganda, the more like the drow it sounds: unclear threats, indistinct promises, talk of slaves, of inferiors - but all in the most vague terms, calculated to confuse and distract.

Trinsic was two days ago visited by Vierna, the self-proclaimed ruler of Sosarian drow. She came to sow seeds of dissension, with talk of treason and such like, and allowed an unprovoked attack on my guards (swiftly dealt with, naturally). But she also brought up the subject of the “New Order” and the strange breeding of orcs, claiming to seek cooperation in fighting them. She denies any involvement, but I believe she is lying, particularly in view of the note left by Big Bob at the lighthouse which speaks of black elves.

In addition, I also feel that the gargoyles should be investigated. I find it suspicious that we find a new race with substantial technical expertise, particularly in gate technology, and almost immediately afterwards the orcs start building their own gates and operating machinery.

You may feel that this letter displays a somewhat paranoid outlook, which I freely admit. But I have lived much of my life thinking virtually everything is a trap, which is possibly why I am still alive.

May the Virtues guide you.

Irvyn Middlethorn
Duke of Trinsic, Servant of the Realm, Defender of the South, etc etc

The personal seal of the Duke of Trinsic:
An eagle flying, holding the branch of a thornbush in its claws; surrounding are the words "Mine honour is my life; both grow in one; take honour from me, and my life is done."