• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's try this another way:

Latest event

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest event:

1/ Coded and run like an 8 year old did it and a failed pathetic, repetitive attempt. :gee:

OR

2/ The greatest thing since sliced bread. Mmmmmm..warm and toasty like mom used to make. rolleyes:

OR

3/ What are events

Discuss

L

love2winalot

Hail: The players that think the event/invasion is about role playing, and would do so for nothing to gain at all will/do love it.

Those who want something, "Loot", and for it to be worth their time to partisipate will hate it, unless they got lucky and got the box, or some really good loot.

For me, to many people in one small area, Lag like it was 1998 all over again, and got nothing at all. At least i only died once, hehehe

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I fall somewhere in between. It's not the "worst ever" in tersm of events, but it doesn't really get me all excited either. Yet more single uber-mobs with special loot. Meh.

I'm more of a fan of the mob mixes where each one has a valuable contribution to the event in terms of utility to the storyline and to the player (i.e. something fun to fight for as many templates as possible that has something of unqiue value to them).

Aside from the Fetid Essences, the Moonglow event (once it calmed down a little) was ok, however beyond that, for me, you'd have to go back to the Ophidian invasion and the rat/sewer invasion before I get excited.

Right now, the current phase of the event just rates a "Meh" to me.

The Spring Cleaning is good though, but generally only makes good for a night or two then you're done for that phase.

I don't really care for super-uber boss mobs.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to give it a thumbs down as well. We have seen this scenario way to many times

S

Sneaky

Wheres the option somewhere in the middle? No way this event is the 'best ever' or 'worst' its somewhere in the middle.

G

Gwendar-SP

On Siege events are just an excuse for folks to kill each other.

I heard that at Luna last night the bards came out to discord the pets of folks comming to fight the monster(?). When a bard discords in a guard zone there is no way for the pet owner to defend since the bard doesn't flag for this EXTREEMLY hostile act. Folks also used the paralize to gank folks.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of the events since Ophidian Invasion have been above average - Magincia invasion gets a small nod for atleast trying something new with the rubble twist and attempting to be somewhat epic in scale.

I am not sure why they do not use the ophidian invasion template. I clearly remember them mentioning having created some useful tools for that event which can and will be used to make more complex events like it in the future. However, then we got a new producer and the move etc. and apparently these tools fell between the cracks.

S

Sneaky

The best event ever (IMO) was the first Scenario, The Savage Empire, May 2001 when the Savages were first introduced and they had massive wars all over the place with the orcs... ahh good memories...

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What event?? That's the damn problem, until it's over, most of us have no clue there is going to be anything coming.....sorry some of us don't live next to our pc's......devs need to think outside the box.......AND, get an imagination.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am tired of polls that show such a bias. There should at least be something between worst ever, best ever, and apathy. I think the current event is just getting started and may get better, but right now, it has a few problems. That's not a best ever or worst ever or I'm love apathy.

Raina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I simply imagine it will end like all the other events/scenarios that EA has done, which means they'll be up longer than they should be and ultimately never run to any sort of conclusion, and the community as a whole will just be left hanging... again, until everyone forgets that it wasn't ever completed and they start the next one that will never get finished.

~Rai

M

Melina Havelock

The best event ever (IMO) was the first Scenario, The Savage Empire, May 2001 when the Savages were first introduced and they had massive wars all over the place with the orcs... ahh good memories...
100% agree. That was a LOT of fun. :thumbup: