• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's talk Shyvana!

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still learning to play this champ with the guidance of a friend. I have been doing alot of spectating and have noticed that in all the games I spectate she is used as a jungler. Does anyone play her differently? Any hints, tips, and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Adiados

Sage
Stratics Veteran
She is widely used as a jungler but i've seen her be used as an amazing solo top and quite successful at it due to her being ran tanky most of the time. She doesn't have too many counter picks on top but from my experience, Lee Sin counters her quite hard on top (maybe it's just me, who knows haha).

A

AuraVoid

Shyvana is like Udyr when it comes to jungling where they both just power clear it allowing them to gank effectivley. However, a Shyvana is also a very good solo top unless some like Lee Sin^ or another good counter goes against her.

S

Schwagbert

Like already stated, Shyvana is a fast jungle.. But unlike other fast jungles, her ganks aren't that powerful (the only CC she offers is red buff).

However.... She is a great counterjungler. If you are against someone who either ganks a lot or clears slowly, all you have to do is wipe out your jungle, run into theirs, take it, return to your jungle, repeat. Most often Shyvana starts blue buff, but gets a "hard" leash so that she doesn't have to smite. Then she books it to the enemy jungle's red buff and waits in the bush to smite steal the red and then kill the enemy jungle.

Also, like said before again.... She is a good top. But even better than that.. Her W is a HUGE movespeed steroid, so she can counterjungle from top easily as well. If you're blue team, push lane, run back to river, then W to their red/doubles/wolves (depending on how your lane looks and where their mid/jungle is). If you're purple team, push lane, go to river, W to wolves/blue (depending on if enemy mid/jungle is getting the blue). Very nice top lane if your jungle is a counterjungler as well (means you aren't counterjungling alone, which means more success while doing so).

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like already stated, Shyvana is a fast jungle.. But unlike other fast jungles, her ganks aren't that powerful (the only CC she offers is red buff).
This I found to be quite true. Although awesome to see her ult, it's really not all that persuasive. A friend describes her as an 'advanced' champ, would anyone else also agree with this? Honestly, I'm not playing her all that well, I suppose. I liken her to be more an asset on a team play than especially alone. Time to spread my wings!